Hearts vs Celtic: Wednesday 26th Jan 2022

I wonder how the Celtic fans who normally claim that 'Brother Beaton' would do anything in his power to help his favoured Ibrox-based franchise can explain away his failure to administer Nir Bitton with a deserved second yellow card last night for a blatant and intentional handball staring him in the face a few short yards away.

The IFAB rules on deliberate handball leave no wiggle room for subjectivity. It was as clear a yellow card as it's possible to get, yet Beaton inexplicably baulked at the prospect of sending off a player from one of the two biggest supported clubs, a club he supposedly hates with a passion.

That failure was not down to bias or incompetence, but a fear that such a monumental decision might impact the duel at the top of the table. After all, only two clubs matter, so different rules can be applied to them. Who cares if Hearts were inconvenienced, as long as Beaton couldn't be accused of affecting the duopoly's annual title carve up. 

Yes, he awarded a penalty to Hearts, but he could hardly avoid doing so since not one but two Celtic players handled the ball in the penalty area.

I really find Hearts fans obsession with child abuse quite strange. I saw them play Stirling Albion years ago and heard a whole stand belting out BJK which I thought they only really sung when they played us but I was wrong. Strange people. Add in the ‘get battered’ bantz which I thought no one north of the border would ever sing and you pretty much have the most pathetic fans in Scotland.

ETA - just watching highlights now, did they also boo Celtic players taking the knee?

Edited by gannonball

13 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t know why clubs feel they need to justify not giving the OF large allocations. 

It’s their prerogative whether they can sell the home end out or not. 

f**k playing into the hands of the sour grapes media circus that comes every time a club does it. 

Especially given the incredibly self absorbed notion, that if the allocation is reduced, the rest of the stadium must sell out to justify it.

Hearts do not rely in the slightest, on the income of Glasgow away fans to run the club sustainably and are completely within our rights to continue to limit the numbers, which I sincerely hope that we do.

19 minutes ago, Squonk said:

I wonder how the Celtic fans who normally claim that 'Brother Beaton' would do anything in his power to help his favoured Ibrox-based franchise can explain away his failure to administer Nir Bitton with a deserved second yellow card last night for a blatant and intentional handball staring him in the face a few short yards away.

The IFAB rules on deliberate handball leave no wiggle room for subjectivity. It was as clear a yellow card as it's possible to get, yet Beaton inexplicably baulked at the prospect of sending off a player from one of the two biggest supported clubs, a club he supposedly hates with a passion.

That failure was not down to bias or incompetence, but a fear that such a monumental decision might impact the duel at the top of the table. After all, only two clubs matter, so different rules can be applied to them. Who cares if Hearts were inconvenienced, as long as Beaton couldn't be accused of affecting the duopoly's annual title carve up. 

Yes, he awarded a penalty to Hearts, but he could hardly avoid doing so since not one but two Celtic players handled the ball in the penalty area.

Billy Crystal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

24 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I really find Hearts fans obsession with child abuse quite strange. I saw them play Stirling Albion years ago and heard a whole stand belting out BJK which I thought they only really sung when they played us but I was wrong. Strange people. Add in the ‘get battered’ bantz which I thought no one north of the border would ever sing and you pretty much have the most pathetic fans in Scotland.

ETA - just watching highlights now, did they also boo Celtic players taking the knee?

Considering the lives child abuse has destroyed I do find very strange behaviour from some people who get “outraged” at certain songs but find it perfectly normal and acceptable behaviour to celebrate child abuse

7 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Considering the lives child abuse has destroyed I do find very strange behaviour from some people who get “outraged” at certain songs but find it perfectly normal and acceptable behaviour to celebrate child abuse

Billy Crystal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Could argue Celtic had 4 or 5 players that should have started if not for injuries and yet we still set up like a team expecting a kick in. We're at our best getting in Celtic's faces and when we do they find themselves in a game. Neilson utterly shat it with that 442 setup.

Other than our offside goal and pen, I can't remember us having many chances. 

37 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Never heard them sung outside celtic games tbh. Agreed its a bit strange either way although I'm not sure celtic fans would win a tit for tat about song content tbh