Hearts vs Celtic: Wednesday 26th Jan 2022

1 hour ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:
Maybe the nanny state,allright jacks on here prefer this one.
As long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself".

Shut up you slavering arse.

What's your favorite IRA song?

18 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

He certainly seems to tick a lot of the boxes you would want. Only disappointment is it's another loan, if he stands out there'll be little chance of him hanging about.

Thankfully that seems true.   Especially if he's successful, something I've no reason to doubt he will be.

I suppose the issue you have here is if he's much better than Boyce and Boyce is dropped - then you are back with him next season instead of the young guy who was much better. 

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I didn’t even realise there was a Union Jack on tunnocks but that’s mainly because I’m a fat b*****d and they don’t last long in my house. I would boycott myself but the taste outweigh my principles tbh.

Beginning of the end for Griffiths damn them butchers apron's.

43 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

He certainly seems to tick a lot of the boxes you would want. Only disappointment is it's another loan, if he stands out there'll be little chance of him hanging about.

Apparently we tried to sign him about the same time as Beni. He is contracted to Everton until 2024 though now.

25 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Thankfully that seems true.   Especially if he's successful, something I've no reason to doubt he will be.

I suppose the issue you have here is if he's much better than Boyce and Boyce is dropped - then you are back with him next season instead of the young guy who was much better. 

I think we are bringing him in to tide us over. We have been trying to sign strikers on permanent deals, but our top targets are proving a bit difficult to get over the line. I'd sooner we brought in a temporary fix to help us secure third (and potentially a big wad), than go to third or fourth choice on the list, and end up with a guy that we need to shift from the wage bill, once our favoured targets become available. We tried to sign him permanently in the summer, apparently.

11 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

I think we are bringing him in to tide us over. We have been trying to sign strikers on permanent deals, but our top targets are proving a bit difficult to get over the line. I'd sooner we brought in a temporary fix to help us secure third (and potentially a big wad), than go to third or fourth choice on the list, and end up with a guy that we need to shift from the wage bill, once our favoured targets become available. We tried to sign him permanently in the summer, apparently.

While that's all good and well, would this guy, who I think could be better than anything you have already, really be sent up here by Everton to sit on the bench as back up when he's getting on the bench at times down there?

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

While that's all good and well, would this guy, who I think could be better than anything you have already, really be sent up here by Everton to sit on the bench as back up when he's getting on the bench at times down there?

I think Boyce would probably welcome having someone to take the pressure of him a little. Might even play alongside each other in some games. If Boyce gets injured, we only have converted wingers/number tens, and Euan Henderson as back up. It's an interesting point though. I think Boyce realises that like every other first choice player, we are only looking to bring in players who will actively compete with them for the shirt. We will be looking to find better than Boyce already, but it's up to him to show that he can see off the challenge. 

6 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Everton presumably think that he's good enough to get lots of game time in Scotland. Mind you Hearts thought Harry Stone would be good enough to get plenty of game time for Partick Thistle only for Jamie Sneddon to suddenly hit the form of his life so you can never be sure.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Seems to be a lot of chat that there are a lot of forgeries kicking about for the Celtic end. Even the SLO tweeted saying the end would close once capacity had been reached which would be an odd thing to say if no truth in it.

Sure it'll be Hearts fault for cutting the allocation though and not Celtic fans for ripping off their own supporters.

Absolutely, I couldn't believe what I was reading on Twitter. We've got to get our house in order apparently. 

Nothing to do with scum fans thieving off their fellow Celtic supporters.

Edited by Mr. X

5 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

We've got to get our house in order apparently

To be fair, its going to be a nightmare trying to get another 1000 fat youngsters in green parkas through those 3 tiny wee turnstiles you will have open....................

9 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Everton presumably think that he's good enough to get lots of game time in Scotland. Mind you Hearts thought Harry Stone would be good enough to get plenty of game time for Partick Thistle only for Jamie Sneddon to suddenly hit the form of his life so you can never be sure.

True. 

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

To be fair, its going to be a nightmare trying to get another 1000 fat youngsters in green parkas through those 3 tiny wee turnstiles you will have open....................

Those turnstiles are part of our anti-obesity initiative.  Always community minded.

5 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

St. Pauli fans are terrorists by the legal definition the UK (if they are - no idea if that's true or just a wind up).

It’s not so much the fans,

It’s the Skull and Crossbones logo they use, apparently it’s a sign of extremism 

It’s pretty ridiculously to be honest

1 hour ago, Kyle Reese said:

I think Boyce would probably welcome having someone to take the pressure of him a little. Might even play alongside each other in some games. If Boyce gets injured, we only have converted wingers/number tens, and Euan Henderson as back up. It's an interesting point though. I think Boyce realises that like every other first choice player, we are only looking to bring in players who will actively compete with them for the shirt. We will be looking to find better than Boyce already, but it's up to him to show that he can see off the challenge. 

I think Atkinson coming in gives us more width from full-back, meaning we're less reliant on the front three for that. That might mean we see two up front more often.

Boyce and Simms up front with McKay playing off them could be handy if Simms lives up to the billing.