Hearts vs Celtic: Wednesday 26th Jan 2022

14 minutes ago, stressball said:

I’m not going to play devils advocate here, so I’m just going to state that the St. Pauli fans are listed as a terrorist cell in this country.

No comparison by any means, but it does show that going purely by definitions doesn’t always work.

No, it doesn't - but equally it's not opinion, it's fact to state that, for instance, St. Pauli fans are terrorists by the legal definition the UK (if they are - no idea if that's true or just a wind up).

But this kind of conversation quickly pulls in the more intellectually challenged section of the Celtic support (as witness witless willy up the page), so I'll bow out now.

35 minutes ago, stressball said:

I’m just going to state that the St. Pauli fans are listed as a terrorist cell in this country.

Some rudimentary fact checking suggests that this story can be filed next to "Birmingham City Council abolish Christmas"

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Some rudimentary fact checking suggests that this story can be filed next to "Birmingham City Council abolish Christmas"i

As someone with quite a lot of family in Birmingham, I've been really bored these last few years going down to visit them at Christmas. We have just been having sausage rolls for dinner, and non-Christmas movies to watch. Watched Die Hard though, there's enough reasonable doubt to exclude it. I particularly liked the bit where the freedom fighting wizard falls off the building.

18 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

No cause can be used as justification for innocent children being ripped to shreds by nail-bombs, whilst being pushed around shopping centres in their prams. Freedom fighters fight soldiers, they do not murder innocents.

I actually support a unified Ireland, although I don't really see it as my place to get involved. I also support an independent Scotland, but I do not believe in "at any cost". 

The IRA and all their little off-shoots are terrorist organisations. 

I think there a distinction to be made between the IRA of the Irish war of Independence (fighting the black and tans 1919-1922) and the provisional IRA. Boys of the Old Brigade that Celtic fans sing every match is about the 1919 version. They were singing that song way before 1969 when the Provisionals were founded. Not a song I have any regards for but it's not about the Provos. 

2 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

As someone with quite a lot of family in Birmingham, I've been really bored these last few years going down to visit them at Winterval. We have just been having sausage rolls for dinner, and non-Christmas movies to watch. Watched Die Hard though, there's enough reasonable doubt to exclude it. I particularly liked the bit where the freedom fighting wizard falls off the building.

FTFY

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

You’ve always struck me as fairly sensible on here, so quite why you’ve twice had a pop at my admittedly half hearted efforts is something to reflect on. 

Apologies, bud - I might have been confused by the random pops coming from someone other than a hibs fan, which is usually the case, but it's really just me being a p***k. 

Probably a bit edgy ahead of a rear-ending tonight.

And then there's also the fitba'! ;)

Edited by paranoid android

50 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The distinction is a false dichotomy.

"Terrorism" refers to a method the "Freedom fighter" refers to an objective. 

Arguments that the later excludes the former invariably boil down to "The ends justify the means"

It's a statement that's equally vacuous morally and intellectually

I've got no problem with the diversity of the statement,the same stands for the Celtic fans. 

18 minutes ago, Lester Freamon said:

Hopefully this turns into some sort of 'shame game' tonight.

Probably just the usual for this fixture tbh. See Hibs have been trying to get in on the act recently too though. Songs about The Lisbon Lions not being around to see 10 in a row, and paedo chants. Maybe just seen as a sort of sibling rivalry when you chaps do it to each other though. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Kyle Reese said:

Probably just the usual for this fixture tbh. See Hibs have been trying to get in on the act recently too though. Songs about The Lisbon Lions not being around to see 10 in a row, and paedo chants. Maybe just seen as a sort of sibling rivalry when you chaps do it to each other though. 🤷‍♂️

IMG_20220121_151844.jpg.420c1c54a3eae088c4a519498800bef0.jpg

17 minutes ago, stressball said:

Don’t think you looked too hard then. They’re on the UK counter-terrorism guide.

I looked harder than you

Having their badge listed alongside those of "Greenpeace" and "The Football Lads Alliance" on a list of Left & Right wing symbols might be a bit silly

But to exaggerate that into "classed as a terrorist cell" is what students of epistemology would technically describe as "utter bollocks"

32 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Did Celtic ever take any action regarding the mutants throwing stuff at McKay? Sure they were quick to say they would take action but never heard much about any action taken.

Yeah they were identified but it was pointed out that Barrie McKay wears a headband and no further action was taken.

2 minutes ago, Lester Freamon said:

St Pauli aren't on the gov.uk proscribed terrorist group list.

Looking at the list, they're just not muslimy or nazi enough to make it with the real bad boys.

They are somehow on here

https://extinctionrebellion.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Counter-terrorism-poster.pdf

Which must piss of the Green Brigade because they aren't