Hearts vs Celtic: Wednesday 26th Jan 2022

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Overestimating your home crowd then having to give them away last minute  for free isn’t ’shithousery’ although it’s the right decision to try and fill as many seats.

It's cutting the bigots allocation which is also good in my eyes at all times.   I'm sure there will still be 1000s of counterfeit tickets on the go mind you. 

14 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Celtic fans complaining about the allocation on twitter has justified our decision, hopefully only Hibs get the full Roseburn from now on. 

Exactly. Personally I think that giving them the full stand gives them a footballing advantage as well. Fully onboard with the cut in allocation and hopefully it's permanent, regardless of whether we sell out the home end.

13 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Celtic fans complaining about the allocation on twitter has justified our decision, hopefully only Hibs get the full Roseburn from now on. 

I find it strange to be that bothered about randoms on twitter that you would be happy to see your club miss out on a thousand paying customers at what I assume is 30 odd pound a pop.

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I find it strange to be that bothered about randoms on twitter that you would be happy to see your club miss out on a thousand paying customers at what I assume is 30 odd pound a pop.

There will still be a crowd in excess of 18,000 at the game, £30,000 makes very little material impact on Hearts finances and I suspect that by kick off time tomorrow, there will perhaps only be a few hundred at most unsold anyway.

Quite simply we don't need a full away end to run the club sustainably, and most our fans back the cutting of the Glasgow clubs allocations unequivocally. 

Where's the chat we are giving free tickets away come from? Hadn't seen that anywhere else.

Also, sales haven't been anywhere near as bad as made out, we'll maybe have a couple of hundred empty seats come kick off but that's close to 2000 extra Hearts fans and a much smaller allocation for Celtic, so completely the correct decision.

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

Hearts giving the Roseburn tickets out for free to children and families  is a great example of shithousery.  Well played :lol: 

Where's this being reported? Last I heard tickets sales were chuntering along nicely (not that it matters - I'd rather empty seats than Celtic or Rangers fans. Only Hibs should get a full stand).

35 minutes ago, gannonball said:

If you think about in terms of not locking out 1000 or so  potential future season ticket holders from big games then it might not seem so strange.

34 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Where's the chat we are giving free tickets away come from? Hadn't seen that anywhere else.

Also, sales haven't been anywhere near as bad as made out, we'll maybe have a couple of hundred empty seats come kick off but that's close to 2000 extra Hearts fans and a much smaller allocation for Celtic, so completely the correct decision.

Suspect it's an attempt to try and move the spotlight off the utterly horrendous crowds at Easter Road this season. A club that for the last decade have been trying to push free tickets on schools and boys' clubs, as though it were a ticker tape parade.

22 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Celtic fans sensitive about ticket allocations, hearts fans sensitive about references to the minter element of their fan base, thread bubbling along nicely. 

Aberdeen fans coming on with shite da patter, and keeping the thread bubbling along nicely.

13 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

If you think about in terms of not locking out 1000 or so  potential future season ticket holders from big games then it might not seem so strange.

That’s a fair enough point as well as somebody saying less away fans gives more of an advantage just thought the twitter fan thing was pretty pathetic tbh. 

24 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I've not checked  but hibs.net would seem the obvious candidate

I've now checked and it seems my hunch was good

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?352752-2021-22-season-non-Hibs-games-thread&p=6830239&viewfull=1#post6830239

24 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That's just a bonus really

I've enjoyed the 180 Celtic Fans have done this season. I've read some magnificent posts crying about other teams players getting away with fouls and not being carded all weekend. 

It is indeed glorious.