Winner stays on.... St Johnstone v Dundee

Honestly thought that Cleary was St Johnstone's weak link at the back. Doesn't seem to have any positional sense. Was just as likely to be near our corner flag as he was in the CH position for Saints. 

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Honestly thought that Cleary was St Johnstone's weak link at the back. Doesn't seem to have any positional sense. Was just as likely to be near our corner flag as he was in the CH position for Saints. 

That's 'the system' this is exactly what he is being asked to to, overlapping center backs are one of the key principles of...'the system' 

Aye Cleary had clearly been told to get forward, same with McCart, he hasn’t ventured past the half way line in months. So that was obviously what Davidson meant when he said the players weren’t doing as he asked, for all the good it did!

10 minutes ago, Widge said:

Aye Cleary had clearly been told to get forward, same with McCart, he hasn’t ventured past the half way line in months. So that was obviously what Davidson meant when he said the players weren’t doing as he asked, for all the good it did!

Tbf Kerr driving forward or taking the ball in good positions seemed to be a really good weapon for you guys last year. But I guess you can add that to Rooney's loss of form, Spoony's injury, McCann and Melamed leaving on the list of things that made the team work which are no longer options but the manager hasn't noticed.

2 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Tbf Kerr driving forward or taking the ball in good positions seemed to be a really good weapon for you guys last year. But I guess you can add that to Rooney's loss of form, Spoony's injury, McCann and Melamed leaving on the list of things that made the team work which are no longer options but the manager hasn't noticed.

It's also something other clubs figured out was vital to our attacking play by the end of last season.

It's also something other clubs figured out was vital to our attacking play by the end of last season.

Completely agree with this, Callum’s tactical sense seems to exist in a void where he doesn’t understand other teams and managers will adapt to counter how we play. He just assumes because it has worked before it will work again, with the only tweak being like for like swaps in personnel or the two wingers instead of two strikers.

The big difference between TW and CD is that TW would set us up for every game with a plan for the team we were playing. Sometimes he would tinker too much and it wouldn’t pay off but sometimes he would pick a team and system that completely nullified the other team and get us points we wouldn’t necessarily expect. See all of the times we won away at Hibs/Aberdeen under TW for example.

Don’t see any of that under Callum, we basically set up in the same way for every team we play. Normally the same result too.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

And 2 of those were own goals.

8 open play goals all season in the league after 22 games 😂

You should do a step-by-step post as to how the club descended from winning 2 cups to scoring eight times in 22 matches. I'm assuming most of it was a disastrous summer?

1 minute ago, Fife Saint said:

The sight of that white material stretched at breaking point over the bellies of Adam and Griffiths haunted my dreams tbh.

A very peculiar time to tell us all you dream of Dundee players, tbh. 

I thought Hendry was all effort last night. You should definitely continue with him up top. 

2 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

The sight of that white material stretched at breaking point over the bellies of Adam and Griffiths haunted my dreams tbh.

Adam and Griffiths should have just stood next to Ciftci.  That would have made both of them appear slimmer 🤔

27 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Agreed Adam's is slowly morphing in to the guy from the Wanderers. 

190013-erland-van-lidth (1).jpg

1 hour ago, The Marly said:

Haven't read the thread so apologies if already mentioned. 

The only classy thing on show last night was the minute's applause for wee Lily Douglas.  Well done to the Dees for their part in it too.

RIP Lily.

How good was that minute applause yesterday for Lily.. I loved how it was just both sets of fans clapping and there was no other noise apart from clapping.

RIP Lily.