Winner stays on.... St Johnstone v Dundee

2 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:
49 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:
Davidson saying St Johnstone gave 'something for the fans to cheer' tonight.
Holy f**k.

Surely to f**k he didn't utter those words.

I've convinced myself I misheard it as it stunned me to the core.

Why are people shocked?

The longer that game went on the more obvious it was he wanted a point.

The most cowardly manager I can remember us having.

Ok I take it back, he sounds just as deluded.

Honestly, as I’ve said many times, I didn’t want him to get the job and I want him horsed asap but I quite like the way he spoke, I agree with most of it, except what he said about Davidson.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Davidson saying St Johnstone gave 'something for the fans to cheer' tonight.

Holy f**k.

This is the kind of shit we’ve put up with with all season. 11 goals scored in 22 games. Utterly grim. 

45 minutes ago, Kyle said:

This is the kind of shit we’ve put up with with all season. 11 goals scored in 22 games. Utterly grim. 

And 2 of those were own goals.

8 open play goals all season in the league after 22 games 😂

Genuinely Davidson could pick the team then piss off up the road. No in game management at all. He doesn't know and isn't prepared to change things during a match.

I actually feel sorry for some of the players being forced to play out of position. Booth and Brown put a power of work in all night but they aren't wingers and don't have the ability to go past a man yet who is this formation is supposed to support them? Mccart and Cleary. Jesus wept.

How big a risk would it have been to take off McCart with 20 to go and put on May or Middleton and go 4-3-3. He's too conservative and that's precisely why we have 11 goals. 

And he's happy with that last night. 

Big takeaway last night was how bad the pitch was especially at the ormond stand. It cost us the Hendry goal as it got stuck under his feet plus it didn’t help when Kane broke away because the ball was bobbling down the pitch.

Hendry did look hungry in a good way last night and looked a different player to when we last seen him against Arbroath. McPherson on the other hand isn’t even a jersey filler

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Good highlights package by Sportscene.

Like the Dundee away strip which I don’t remember seeing before.

No idea why Niall McGinn has been given the number 77.

Leaving plenty of options for the players we're getting in before Monday IMHO.

41 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Good highlights package by Sportscene.

Like the Dundee away strip which I don’t remember seeing before.

No idea why Niall McGinn has been given the number 77.

It's how many people from Dundee he's aiming to finger before the end of the season.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

At a loss at how Ciftci looked "OK", tbh. 

@Theyellowbox, what did he do to impress you in the six minutes he was on? 

He showed at least some positive effort, which sounds trivial, but compared to what we have seen in recent months is actually fairly significant. The fact he was injured while running at goal is in stark contrast to Kane's normal instinct in that position which is to turn back into play as opposed to heading for goal. For all that, I thought that was a better performance by Kane when he came on, but again, it was very evident last night that we are light a proper striker as opposed to forwards, if that makes sense....

1 hour ago, Broon_100 said:
Genuinely Davidson could pick the team then piss off up the road. No in game management at all. He doesn't know and isn't prepared to change things during a match.

I actually feel sorry for some of the players being forced to play out of position. Booth and Brown put a power of work in all night but they aren't wingers and don't have the ability to go past a man yet who is this formation is supposed to support them? Mccart and Cleary. Jesus wept.

How big a risk would it have been to take off McCart with 20 to go and put on May or Middleton and go 4-3-3. He's too conservative and that's precisely why we have 11 goals. 

And he's happy with that last night. 

That is the most frustrating thing from last night. You could argue whether a point isn't a bad result in that it stops the rot, but and it is a big but, you can almost write down every substitution pre game (injuries aside) and it will come to pass. It was always going to be Kane for Cifti at some point and May for Hendry around 80th minute. Davidson seems unable to see what isn't working in a game and address it. Actually thought the game was calling out for Middleton to get in behind the Dundee defence as they had mistakes throughout the game and even when we picked up the ball from them, we did nothing with it.

McCart must have some dirt of Davidson as no matter how bad a game he has, he never gets dropped. Again last night there was lose passes and recently we have been getting punished from our own errors. A better team last night would have punished us again.

Side note, May's body language pre game was interesting. Seemed a bit disinterested. I wonder if he might be away in this window, even on loan....

McCart's distribution continues to be awful, but then it can't be easy when your only option other than sideways to Gordon or back to Clark, is a hump up the park. There is no question he's still putting in full effort, defensively he wasn't that bad, and nipped in to clear a chance in front of goal in the last 15 minutes from about a yard out. Think it was the one Cleary set up for Adam to play along the face of goal. He'd also just got in front of Griffiths to make a great challenge a few minutes earlier, when the Dundee fans shouted for a penalty.

The claims of him not trying are nonsense that's being going around ever since it was confirmed he wouldn't be re-signing with us.

Whilst there is no doubt his drop in form has been significant, along with most of our squad, defensively he's mostly reliable, and was still far better than Cleary, who looks an improvement on the loanees from before Christmas, but needs a bit of time to get upto speed.