Winner stays on.... St Johnstone v Dundee

7 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

• Sweeney bar one howler had a very solid game

He was absolutely terrible. Headers going everywhere they shouldn't be, constantly kicking into touch when under no pressure and surrendering possession with aimless, wayward punts. 

Edit : Jakubiak looked rapid when he come on. Get him up top with Griffiths. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

Agree regarding McGinniesta, looked quality amongst the rest of the shite, hopefully he can provide a spark in the next couple of weeks. 

Griffiths is really needing a couple of goals, never looked like scoring again tonight though or controlling a pass tbh. 

The dread for the derby has started earlier than usual. 

Goodnight. 

4 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

What an absolute waste of time. This manager has made us into the most ridiculously boring team in the world and is taking us down as he does it. Watched from home today and very thankful for that - I can do something more entertaining now like ripping out my own eyelids and making them into a soup.

Jesus f**k my head was gone when the Saints TV co-commentator said toward the end he’d probably take the point - we’re bottom of the league playing second bottom at home?! And increasingly adrift from 10th. It’s way past time for a change, not just of the manager but of this whole mindset that seems to think it will all just come good at some point and we’ll be fine. It isn’t, we won’t be, and we’re going down without big big changes.

Dundee also dreadful but I could plausibly see in their play how they could have scored and won the game. With us our only (half) chance came from every Dundee player missing an aimless Gordon punt.

Had to edit this twice because I’m full heads gone. We are in an absolute mess and I can’t take another minute of seeing an isolated James Brown or Callum Booth on the wing as our only method of attack.

County were beaten, so you gained on the team in 10th.

1 minute ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Agree regarding McGinniesta, looked quality amongst the rest of the shite, hopefully he can provide a spark in the next couple of weeks. 

Griffiths is really needing a couple of goals, never looked like scoring again tonight though or controlling a pass tbh. 

The dread for the derby has started earlier than usual. 

Goodnight. 

I have to say though Griffiths does look faster and sharper with every game.

One thing I need to give McPake (althought it's not exactly a compliment, it's a slight towards Davidson) at least McPake realised the game was fucking dreadful and tried to make positive substitutions whilst Davidson waited until the 88th minute to bring on a like for like striker for a striker.

Deary me.

Relegate us both.

Type of performance you accept after a bad run, in October/November. Just now it's nowhere near enough.

Our clownshoe manager building a squad to play a shape that doesn't work absolutely killed us there. Dundee with two fucking shite full backs and we can't bring on wingers to attack them because Davidson is too fucking shit scared to even dream of playing a back four. I won't even start on the pathetic May for Hendry sub which was nothing more than attempt to be seen to do something to win us the game wgen everyone watching knew fine we'll he'll be over the moon with a draw.

The midfield was fine to start with but, as always, ran out of steam after an hour because, as always, we're asking them to defend and attack central, wide, high and low. 

Kerr v Brown has to be the worst FB v FB battle I've ever witnessed.

Cleary had a bombscare spell but at least it added some  excitement. 

Ooft!  First time in a while I’ve watched Saints while reading / listening  what’s going on.  We have no threat,  only desperate hoofballs.

Best case scenario we draw the rest of our games 0-0 to have a record breaking run without defeat 

County were beaten, so you gained on the team in 10th.

Thanks for the correction (?) but they were away at United while we had the second worst team in the league at home. If we are gonna be catching them we will need to be winning games like that. The fact we didn’t is why we are the worst team in the league. We are adrift.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Davidson saying St Johnstone gave 'something for the fans to cheer' tonight.

Holy f**k.

Welcome to our world.

Last week he was telling us he didn't have a preferred system 😂

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Davidson saying St Johnstone gave 'something for the fans to cheer' tonight.

Holy f**k.

Surely not. Tone deaf doesn't even cover it. At least McPake won't come out and pretend there was positives to take from that, though like Davidson he will offer no way of changing that fact going forward.

43 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

What an absolute waste of time. This manager has made us into the most ridiculously boring team in the world and is taking us down as he does it. Watched from home today and very thankful for that - I can do something more entertaining now like ripping out my own eyelids and making them into a soup.

Jesus f**k my head was gone when the Saints TV co-commentator said toward the end he’d probably take the point - we’re bottom of the league playing second bottom at home?! And increasingly adrift from 10th. It’s way past time for a change, not just of the manager but of this whole mindset that seems to think it will all just come good at some point and we’ll be fine. It isn’t, we won’t be, and we’re going down without big big changes.

Dundee also dreadful but I could plausibly see in their play how they could have scored and won the game. With us our only (half) chance came from every Dundee player missing an aimless Gordon punt.

Had to edit this twice because I’m full heads gone. We are in an absolute mess and I can’t take another minute of seeing an isolated James Brown or Callum Booth on the wing as our only method of attack.

While I think both teams were awful, it would have e been curtains had we lost this game, so in a way, a point isn't horrific, although we really really needed all 3. I say that as I'm aiming hor 11th and we take our chances in the playoffs. 

Only positives I can see from this game is that we did not concede and both Cifti (for all he was on) and Hendry looked OK. Actually thought Kane gave us an out ball.

Other than that, we had bombscares all over, McCart again showed that he should be dropped and Davidson showed he is tactically clueless.

Losing to kelty is one thing, but drawing 0-0 at home to Dundee is completely unacceptable!

I guess tough conditions in a strong swirling wind, but nothing at all from the two sides apart from ineptitude. Losing Cifti was a big blow for us, but we can't just be blaming that one moment for that overall performance.

What is james brown bringing to the right wing back position? 5 defenders again in a game we needed to win is ridiculous.

Hendry, our one lively attacking threat being taken off for May was as predictable as it was baffling.

At least McPake had a go by changing things.

Callum decided last 10 minutes that making attacking changes was too risky in case we lost so sat on what we had. If not against the second worst team at home, then where do you think we getting 3 points from Callum?

I don't think Steve Brown can afford to be as lacking in courage as Davidson, it looks like it's time to take the difficult decision and make a change, as much as I hate to say it.

0-0 - both teams deserved to lose after that insipid display.

4 positives for us:

• McGinn looks useful - by far our most dangerous player when he linked up with Kerr
  • Kerr had a very solid game at left back - not only defensively but later on when he linked up with McGinn
  • Byrne really helped protect the defence from the bombscares that are Fontaine and Christie
  • Sweeney bar one howler had a very solid game

Can’t agree with you. Fontaine was the only defender to have a half decent game. Sweeney got better but he was fucking dreadful in the first half. Elliot produced one of the worst displays I’ve ever seen - the guy is an horrific defender. Cammy can play left back in an emergency but we’d be better getting a new LB and playing Cammy on the right. McGinn did look good. Conditions were horrific to be fair.
As for Sainties - there ain’t much there. I’d take Kane at Dens - think he gets harshly treated by yokels - the guys a handful and better than our Mullen. Murray Davidson very lucky not to get booked, persistently fouling.

37 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Surely not. Tone deaf doesn't even cover it. At least McPake won't come out and pretend there was positives to take from that, though like Davidson he will offer no way of changing that fact going forward.

Ok I take it back, he sounds just as deluded.

12 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Can’t agree with you. Fontaine was the only defender to have a half decent game. Sweeney got better but he was fucking dreadful in the first half. Elliot produced one of the worst displays I’ve ever seen - the guy is an horrific defender. Cammy can play left back in an emergency but we’d be better getting a new LB and playing Cammy on the right. McGinn did look good. Conditions were horrific to be fair.
As for Sainties - there ain’t much there. I’d take Kane at Dens - think he gets harshly treated by yokels - the guys a handful and better than our Mullen. Murray Davidson very lucky not to get booked, persistently fouling.

Need to take a minute to acknowledge just how bad the ref was tonight. Aside from many poor decisions over fouls etc, to award Saints a corner at the end of the game when anyone within 100 yards could see it came off the saints player last was something else.

Being Saints, it never came to anything, but given how precarious some teams are, the inept decisions could have huge implications.