Winner stays on.... St Johnstone v Dundee

Start off well, Dundee hit us on the counter, McCart has a brain fart. 1-0 down.

Shy into ourselves, get a bit of confidence. Ali Crawford doesn’t run for a through ball. Ball punted up the way and 2-0 Dundee.

It's a horrible position for both clubs. The winner will just get a bit of false hope that they've turned a corner only for it to be dashed a game later, whilst the loser just grows more poisonous towards their club.

We've been absolutely awful away from home with our only win coming against St Mirren, I believe.

Just put us out of our misery, please.

Huge game as I think Dundee and St Johnstone will occupy 11th and 12th when the season ends, beating the other to the play off spot is the only chance either side has of potentially staying up this season.

Lose this and McPake has to go but does Davidson have enough goodwill in the bank to survive at St Johnstone?

22 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Ticket bought, expectations at rock bottom...

Tbf I'm looking forward to it in a way. Be the first game between the two that's really meant something since the old First Division promotion battles.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf I'm looking forward to it in a way. Be the first game between the two that's really meant something since the old First Division promotion battles.

Not a big fan of that, considering we never do well in them. Plus I'd wager the Cup QF meant something, at least to me.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Not a big fan of that, considering we never do well in them. Plus I'd wager the Cup QF meant something, at least to me.

I'm sure you won one of them at Dens, a late Swankie winner.

St Johnstone v Dundee, important league game, under the floodlights. Brings back memories for me so that's how I'm motivating myself to actually go to this.

It’s well and truly game over if we lose this. Our only hope would would be making the play-off and even then I think that would be a stretch. The Kelty game is crucial IMO. If we get beat it could destroy any shred of confidence we still have. Win and it might give us a lift going into this one. Last chance saloon for Bilbo.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

It’s well and truly game over if we lose this. Our only hope would would be making the play-off and even then I think that would be a stretch. The Kelty game is crucial IMO. If we get beat it could destroy any shred of confidence we still have. Win and it might give us a lift going into this one. Last chance saloon for Bilbo.

No it isn't well and truly over if you lose as we have a habit of winning a game that no one expects us to before going on a 6+ game losing streak. At worst a defeat for you might be a further indication that you'll finish in bottom 2