Is Boris Johnson the worst PM of all time?

Richey Edwards

19 minutes ago, Detournement said:

David Cameron. 

By far the worst. 

Cameron certainly is totally guilty of plunging Britain into the raving lunatic asylum of Brexit for party politics. But as PM's go, there is no one ( in my lifetime) who comes even nearly close to Boris Johnson's duplicity, corruption, racism and incompetence. 

3 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Cameron certainly is totally guilty of plunging Britain into the raving lunatic asylum of Brexit for party politics. But as PM's go, there is no one ( in my lifetime) who comes even nearly close to Boris Johnson's duplicity, corruption, racism and incompetence. 

The double dip recession, Libya and Brexit are unmatched as cock ups. Austerity was worse than Covid for u60s. The NHS reforms were a total disaster. Hostile environment deported British citizens. 

Add in the Greensill corruption after leaving office and he is out on his own.

13 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Johnson giving out billions in contracts to his pals who done nothing but keep it.

The utter duplicitous lies over Brexit.

The shambles of Brexit negotiations.

The Northern Ireland protocol.

The Covid crisis. Hundreds of thousands of deaths with his initial handling of it desperately wanting herd immunity and letting it run riot.

His levelling up, which us in tatters. 

His covering up of his Home Secretary"s bullying resulting in senior civil servants resignations.

Hanging out his advisors to hang out dry for his breaking of his own covid rules.

A born liar, who lies so much, he velieves he is telling the truth.

An utter embarrassing PM for the country.

Utterly reprehensible and repugnant.

5 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Johnson giving out billions in contracts to his pals who done nothing but keep it.

The utter duplicitous lies over Brexit.

The shambles of Brexit negotiations.

The Northern Ireland protocol.

The Covid crisis. Hundreds of thousands of deaths with his initial handling of it desperately wanting herd immunity and letting it run riot.

His levelling up, which us in tatters. 

His covering up of his Home Secretary"s bullying resulting in senior civil servants resignations.

Hanging out his advisors to hang out dry for his breaking of his own covid rules.

A born liar, who lies so much, he velieves he is telling the truth.

An utter embarrassing PM for the country.

Utterly reprehensible and repugnant.

I find it astonishing that people voted for this utter fucking p***k over Jeremy Corbyn.

I don't have much time for the reactionary ones in the early 19th Century.

Priti maybe reactionary but there's no equivalent of Peterloo or transporting trade unionists. Although they are trying to curtail the freedom to protest.

It all depends on who you ask. Millions will say he's great because he GOT BREXIT DUNN, even if the way his government did it will cripple the country for a generation. I'd have said Cameron was laughably shite, but the hard right Tories must love him for handing government and the party over to them. Thatcher was pure evil, but was remarkably efficient at what she set out to do, much like Hitler (who possibly never made it to Downing Street; before my time).

It's all moot anyway, as it's an absolute guarantee that we'll see something much, much worse after Johnson goes. Prime Minister Truss might be the best of the realistic options we have.

I think at the moment it's Cameron. Johnson edges it clearly on optics but the coalition wrecked untold levels of disaster on this country and it hasn't been fully reckoned with. Johnson has laid the groundwork for a lot of reckless and horrific policy to go through though.

Every PM since Thatcher has been a disaster for this country, however. 

Edited by NotThePars