DAFC vs ICTFC

1 hour ago, Stoo61 said:

I think we just pipped it. Both shite first half and we were better second half. That's science. 

Thats Cole's place now until further notice. 

Special mention for Pybus. If you have a decent midfield he's an asset to do the ugly stuff. We just don't have a decent midfield. 

Exactly this. The system we started with would be much improved with Cole/Dorrans in front of Pybus running around like a daft lad. Plus Thomas in for Dow, and probably Todorov as a focal point. 

A draw was probably fair enough, we played OK in the first half without being too incisive. Duku is a big downgrade from McKay and I think we missed MacGregor as well. Unsure why they were both out. Harper had a couple of good balls in and I thought McAlear was also good. 

We just looked like we were a bit inflexible, if things changed we can’t really adapt to it and we didn’t have the quality to just steamroller teams the way you can if you’ve got much better players.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

A draw was probably fair enough, we played OK in the first half without being too incisive. Duku is a big downgrade from McKay and I think we missed MacGregor as well. Unsure why they were both out. Harper had a couple of good balls in and I thought McAlear was also good. 

We just looked like we were a bit inflexible, if things changed we can’t really adapt to it and we didn’t have the quality to just steamroller teams the way you can if you’ve got much better players.

Both McKay and MacGregor injured in training. knee and thigh Im told. dont know why club dont tell us instead of us finding out in the Market Bar.

Happy enough with the point.  3 were there for the taking late on but things were quite open by that point and I'd by lying if I wasn't worried that we'd ruin the efforts to get the equaliser by conceding late on.  Any point we can get is valuable,  I just hope we can get enough to get safety.

Cole and Dorrans brought a better dynamic, but I'm surprised at the level of praise they've got.  Dorrans' touch was unusually poor.  Cole's passing gave us opportunities but he completely avoided any 50/50, happy to give up possession and not do anything to prevent the counter attacks. 

He needs to understand we are in a complete scrap,   IF the balls there to be won you go for it 100%,  if you don't win it you make sure the other guy doesn't get comfortable possession,  even if that is by fouling him.   Everyone else in the team that's played the last 2 weeks has done that, if he wants to start he needs to do it too.  

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Nah. That's archaic.

Not sure why?  It's a tactic used at all levels.

There's obviously times to drop off and look for better opportunities to win the ball,  but a loose pass in the middle of the pitch is rarely on of those. A foul has little consequence and a potential breakaway has high cost. 

26 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Not sure why?  It's a tactic used at all levels.

There's obviously times to drop off and look for better opportunities to win the ball,  but a loose pass in the middle of the pitch is rarely on of those. A foul has little consequence and a potential breakaway has high cost. 

Always foul? How about be more disciplined in defence instead? How about doubling up on a player when needed? How about getting extra men back behind the ball? Force the opposition to try and pass it around in areas that aren't dangerous. A foul at certain times is fine (mostly during breaks where your team is overwhelmed in terms of numbers), and even good play, but every time when the opposition can pass it around (and, again, this can be harmless often) is just giving away a set piece opportunity.

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Always foul? How about be more disciplined in defence instead? How about doubling up on a player when needed? How about getting extra men back behind the ball? Force the opposition to try and pass it around in areas that aren't dangerous. A foul at certain times is fine (mostly during breaks where your team is overwhelmed in terms of numbers), and even good play, but every time when the opposition can pass it around (and, again, this can be harmless often) is just giving away a set piece opportunity.

Didn’t say always foul.  I was directly talking about those situations where a loose ball could result in a counter attack where he was closest too it, in the middle of the pitch so conceding the free kick would’t have mattered. 

7 hours ago, 101 said:

Poor from us for the first goal, the ball shouldn't come in to start with.

As other have said it's a fairly poor penalty if the keeper had gone the right way it would have been saved.

Nearly any goal conceded is preventable and I’m sure Allan will be disappointed losing the ball in that area,  but I think we do need to credit the cross and finish, both were excellent unfortunately.

Don’t think the penalty was that bad,  he’s clearly trying to send the keeper the wrong way.

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It was a draw.

More than aware it was a draw but by the commentators hysteria and fans reaction and relief when the penalty went in it was a win for you, and as I said it was a loss for us when we could have closed the gap at the top. 

26 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

More than aware it was a draw but by the commentators hysteria and fans reaction and relief when the penalty went in it was a win for you, and as I said it was a loss for us when we could have closed the gap at the top. 

Shock when fans celebrate coming from behind against second top of the league.

I'm not sure football is for you, maybe tidily winks might be up your street

31 minutes ago, 101 said:

Shock when fans celebrate coming from behind against second top of the league.

I'm not sure football is for you, maybe tidily winks might be up your street

Immature petty pish. 

As far as me following football I was in Baghdad when you were in your Dads bags.

This is a pretty bizarre post. Obviously didn’t listen to the commentary, but I didn’t think celebrations were over the top at all when we scored. It certainly wasn’t celebrated like a win, so not sure what the ‘fans reaction’ was that suggested we won? The fact you then say ‘relief’ kind of implies it wasn’t over the top as well, so I’m genuinely not sure what you’re getting at here.

Team at the bottom of the league score to equalise against the team in 2nd place. Should we just have sat down and politely applauded?