DAFC vs ICTFC

2 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Did he even play a game for us? Wikipedia says we signed him then punted him on loan 

Thank thank f'ck but signing him was bad enough.

46 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Byrne was a good player for us. Am I right in saying he is one of those weirdo anti-vax types? I'm know Gary Dempsey is, certainly going by Twitter. 

Yeh some of the stuff Byrne likes that shows up on my timeline is unreal. But he's not quite as bad as Dempsey.

We signed Richie Byrne amidst the absolute tailspin of Brewster’s last months (probably for no other reason than they were friends). He definitely never got on the park and I barely remember him on the bench (kept out of the team by an ageing Richard Hastings and Lionel Djebi-Zadi!)

God knows why you’d want to follow him on Twitter.

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Djebi-Zadi played in the opening game of the season where Inverness won the title, he was absolutely brilliant, seems that wasn't the norm though! 

Think this is the game? Lee Cox scored in the last minute of the match.

Djebi-Zadi played in the opening game of the season where Inverness won the title, he was absolutely brilliant, seems that wasn't the norm though! 
He was nowhere near as bad as some people made out.  The problem was when he was bad, he was unforgettably bad!

Edit - Was going to say how dated those highlights look only to realise that it was nearly 13 years ago!

Dunfermline must have the ugliest manager in Scottish football, the good thing is though if the kids are playing you up etc and won't go to bed just show them a photo of Bogeyman Hughes and whoosh, the wee twats are upstairs screaming like rats up a drainpipe.
Aye, good son

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

I know that was the first game of the season and they were both new signings but it still blows my mind that Robert Eagle started ahead of Johnny Hayes.

I remember folk being quite excited by Eagle when he arrived but he was such a passive player.  I see he's recently been a bad boy too.  Hayes was off to play for the brilliantly named Rochester Raging Rhinos before Butcher scooped him up.  I wonder how different his career would've been had we not signed him.

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Dunfermline must have the ugliest manager in Scottish football, the good thing is though if the kids are playing you up etc and won't go to bed just show them a photo of Bogeyman Hughes and whoosh, the wee twats are upstairs screaming like rats up a drainpipe.

Say what ye like but the boy is in crackin' shape! He could carry you to bed while you sook on yer thumb wee man.

1 hour ago, Stoo61 said:

Say what ye like but the boy is in crackin' shape! He could carry you to bed while you sook on yer thumb wee man.

Before our Scottish Cup game against Hearts in 2018 (?) Hughes was at a Sportsound panel show held at Tynecastle which I went along to and was chatting to him for a bit. He is an absolute beast. Built like a brick shithouse. I would not want to mess with him.