Clyde v Queen’s Park

Jones ran about today (like he always does) like a headless chicken. Does not have a clue how to play football. 

Give JBH a start in the sticks. IMO when he has played he has been good - plus would put some pressure on parry to cut out the mistakes. 

Midfield just backed away from any QP players and time after time they were allowed to run box to box without a clyde player stopping them.

Defence looking OK but defo a bombscare at times. Like Matty Eldson, think he has been solid every game. 

Tade is a good impact sub to come on and make a difference but today looked like he was knackered after 15 mins. 

Trialist seemed to do good when he came on. I believe its the boy that got released from EF... 

point is a point and we are still in a healthy league position. 

Jones ran about today (like he always does) like a headless chicken. Does not have a clue how to play football. 
Give JBH a start in the sticks. IMO when he has played he has been good - plus would put some pressure on parry to cut out the mistakes. 
Midfield just backed away from any QP players and time after time they were allowed to run box to box without a clyde player stopping them.

Defence looking OK but defo a bombscare at times. Like Matty Eldson, think he has been solid every game. 
Tade is a good impact sub to come on and make a difference but today looked like he was knackered after 15 mins. 
Trialist seemed to do good when he came on. I believe its the boy that got released from EF... 

point is a point and we are still in a healthy league position. 

Disagree with you about Jones. In my opinion he didn't "run" about like a headless chicken, rather, he jogged about like a headless chicken.

I thought the trialist seemed lazy. He constantly gestured to teammates rather than close QP players down himself. This often led to wide open spaces on the right side of the pitch for the opposition to exploit.

As for the midfield, it simply doesn't exist.

I'm impressed by how shite Queens Park are for the money they spent.

At least we're shite on the cheap.

Queens park the new Gretna, once they've blown the Hampdens money and lived a very short spell of fun they'll be bust and back spouting that amateur team pish. 

Think it's a competition between them and Falkirk on who can spend the most money and still fail to get promoted lol

Thought a draw was a fair result. Neither keeper really had a great deal to do that wasn't routine other than Parry's excellent save with his feet near the end. Can't really comment on the QP goal as I didn't see the scramble very well from the other end but by all accounts Parry should've done better. Despite having a mistake in him I still think he comes in for some unfair criticism. 

Our horrid game plan of not playing the game does seem to suit the likes of Rumsby and Docherty better as they (and Splaine as mentioned earlier) aren't turning in anywhere near as bad performances as they were at the beginning of the season. Thought Livingstone had an excellent game and seems to fit in well at left mid with less defensive responsibility and has a burst of pace to get us forward too which this team desperately lacks. 

Other than the run and foul won at the end, we'd have been as well bringing Andrew or Mortimer on than the trialist and that's saying something.

Think the Clyde number four was taken off before he was sent off.

Not sure that the corner we scored from was actually a corner.

We can change the coach as often as we like but we are going nowhere with this group of players.

1 hour ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

must have been watching a different game. Thought he had a better game than Luca Connell. Our problem is not in midfield...
I'm as disappointed as anyone at repeated failure to put opposition away but some cringey shouts today from the away end 'DO SOMETHING' a personal favourite! And the guy who yelled f**k off Longstaff and then clapped him off the park might be better howling at the livestream every week emoji2962.png

I respect, but disagree with your opinion. Not sure of the relevance of your final two sentences. Care to elaborate?

As others have said amazing that we have only lost one in 9 and mainly due to the performance of the defence over those games.  Fair play to the likes of Docherty and Page who have been pretty solid over the last few months

However another way of looking at it is only 2 wins in last 11 competitive games.  

We are hard to beat but frankly dreadful to watch as have nothing going forward other than DGW.   The gap between midfield and forwards is like a massive hole

Didn’t look like scoring in first half but when DGW came on he is always going to create a bit of magic like when he won the penalty and nearly scored another

Just need to keep everything crossed that DGW stays at least till the summer or will need to hope that those below us don’t start picking up wins as can’t see us winning many games without DGW as we just never look a threat without him

Maybe I'm too big a fan of Mitch, but Parry seems to have shipped a goal in most games I've seen.  The defence seems less nervous and, as others have said, Doc and Elsdon seem to have found their groove.  

Gomis has some great touches in MF and Splaine and recently Livingstone has added energy. 

However, we have nothing up front except DGW and the MF never seems to operate as a unit.  

In recent games I think we've been passed off the park by Alloa, Montrose, Airdrie, Peterhead and QP. 

It's interesting to me that so many Clyde supporters are commenting on our finances given our own fans generally haven't got a clue what's going on behind the scenes, and we barely spent a penny on players after getting promoted to this division.

I don't think we played that badly today until it came to actually putting the ball in the net. We were a good striker away from being 3 or 4 up before they even brought the rapist on. The football we attempted to play was decent, but unless we bring someone in who can score regularly and stay fit we'll end the season 6th or 7th in the league at this rate.

43 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

It's interesting to me that so many Clyde supporters are commenting on our finances given our own fans generally haven't got a clue what's going on behind the scenes, and we barely spent a penny on players after getting promoted to this division.

Their position would hold some credibility if they hadn’t being paying the rapist funny money for the past number of years.

50 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Utter tripe

18 minutes ago, Larry Hood said:

Yeah, right

4 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:

Utter tripe

Feel free to go into a bit more detail on all this cash we splashed last summer then, since you're both clearly very knowledgeable on what our club is up to.

Feel free to go into a bit more detail on all this cash we splashed last summer then, since you're both clearly very knowledgeable on what our club is up to.
Paying a full time squad, having Leeann Dempster as chief executive and appointing a director of football from AZ Alkmaar won't have come cheap. Add in paying off two managers in the last 12 months and the cost of development lesser Hampden and you'll have spent a fortune.

Don't think anyone will deny that Goodwillie will be on a high wage but we've had to fill the rest of the squad with utter shite like Rob Jones and Billy Mortimer to compensate for it.

7 hours ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Maybe I'm too big a fan of Mitch, but Parry seems to have shipped a goal in most games I've seen.  The defence seems less nervous and, as others have said, Doc and Elsdon seem to have found their groove.  

Gomis has some great touches in MF and Splaine and recently Livingstone has added energy. 

However, we have nothing up front except DGW and the MF never seems to operate as a unit.  

In recent games I think we've been passed off the park by Alloa, Montrose, Airdrie, Peterhead and QP. 

We offer nothing going forward because Jones cannot play football. But you cannot say that on here because “you need to give him time”. The boys been with us since august and has been rotten every game.