Clyde v Queen’s Park

I reckon that’s a decent point. Any point we can get on the board will be hard fought, we’ll be scrapping for everything. Airdrie on Tuesday is a bit of a free shot against a team that have our number and then it’s on to a run of three games that will decide this season IMO.

Just hope we have a certain centre forward in our ranks for those games.

The training photos are an absolute pisstake. Are they training or just posing for photos?

Questions have to be asked; why has it taken so long to find a new manager? Why have we failed to sign a striker all season? Where is Baynham? With every passing game play-offs are looking unachievable. 

Edited by DundeeSpider1867

Take another point again today but it’s so frustrating that another 2-3 players of even some quality would turn us into a very decent side.

anyone doubts Goodwillie’s attitude or how we would manage without just needed to witness his cameo today.. outstanding!

Livingston also turned in another good performance. 
Jones, honestly beyond words how bad he is. also trialist absolutely no! Totally lost out there when he came on.

QP nowhere near a promotion chasing side!

Edited by FREDDYFRY

Have tried to give Jones the benefit of the doubt but he was terrible today…no urgency, no tracking back, no aggression, no skill..a wee bit better in 2nd half but only because I think DL put a rocket up his arse…Spillane still frustrates as he made a couple of 50 yard passes to a Clyde player…but midfield overall a huge weakness..thought we were lucky today because if they could have finished we would have taken a sore one.. At least we haven’t wasted a shit load of money to buy success for a fan base of around 500

Didn’t even look like scoring, or even threatening, until Goodie came on. He puts the fear in god in opponents and Queen’s Park looked a bit unnerved at times in the second half, after walking about in the first. 

Even if he goes and we get decent money, there’s no time to bring in anyone else, not that we’ve been doing that since the window opened. Lose him and we’ll get relegated, it’s as simple as that. There was zero ability going forward first half, although I thought we defended decent at times, Elsdon especially. Second half there was a scary about of space on the right of our defence though.

12 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Didn’t even look like scoring, or even threatening, until Goodie came on. He puts the fear in god in opponents and Queen’s Park looked a bit unnerved at times in the second half, after walking about in the first. 

Even if he goes and we get decent money, there’s no time to bring in anyone else, not that we’ve been doing that since the window opened. Lose him and we’ll get relegated, it’s as simple as that. There was zero ability going forward first half, although I thought we defended decent at times, Elsdon especially. Second half there was a scary about of space on the right of our defence though.

Yeah out right side at the back was wide open…Essentially Queens Park were playing against 10 men because of Jones and still couldn’t beat us…can we just play the long ball now because we can’t do much else without Goodie…

Was literally the most predictable outcome possible. Play alright and take the lead to then chuck it away soon after. I actually thought we played some decent stuff which looked considerably better than Ellis ball but the lack of striking instinct is incredible. So many occasions we got into really good positions for nobody take a chance. Bob mchugh cannot start anymore, he’s absent in almost everything and adds zero value. Get a striker ASAP

Special mention to Charlie Fox who continues to be exceptional at the back despite the dross surrounded by him. Genuinely looked our most dangerous player as the game went on and his driving runs and accuracy of pass to go with it is brilliant. If there’s any player in our current squad we should throw our money at, it’s him 

First time that I've been to a game for a while with the restrictions etc. Lennon has the Clyde time much better drilled than when I see them previously. I thought the defence was solid and dealt with anything Queens Park threw at them, which wasn't that much to be honest. As the game wore on Queens Park did start finding a fair bit of room down either flank as the Clyde defence tired but they done little with it.

Big problem in the Clyde team is there is nothing in midfield or up front without Goodwillie. There is no one that can get a foot on the ball and keep it so we largely defended for the full first half.

The second half was a much better performance and with Goodwillie up top we carried a threat. Couldn't really see how the Queens Park goal ended up in the net looked like Parry saved it initially and we had a few bodies around him. Goodwillie finally hit a decent penalty against Queens Park to level it up. If the header at the end was either side of the keeper then we would have picked up 3 points.

Queens Park used to routinely beat us when they were amateur but have failed to do so since going full time. They had most of the possession but huffed and puffed a lot and didn't create many clear cut chances. There was plenty of crosses along the box which I was expecting someone to get on the end of eventually but never happened. There was plenty of mis-hit passes from Queens Park too which was poor from a full time team. They weren't great in defence either.

Decent point that keeps us ticking over but we could really be doing with getting few more players in plus Cuddihy and Cunnigham back from injury.

Our decision to sack Ellis and then suggest that it will be March before a replacement is appointed is criminal. Whoever thought that up should be sacked. To be rudderless throughout a transfer window when we have no strikers is brainless. We are talking the talk, appointing non football staff a plenty. When will we realise that the performance of the first team takes precedence over any youth development and point scoring in the community? In the name of God, Dempster, please go.

It is impressive how bad Jones is. To win, beat himself then loose the ball all inside 5 seconds is unbelievable. How anyone defends him is a joke. Actually heard today "how come Livingston miss controls the ball it's unlucky but Jones is an arsehole when ge does it" probably because Livingstons is a mistake and Jones is down to his inability to do anything positive for the team. Dumbarton must still be pissing themselves. 

Decent point today but my god what a bad game of football that was 😂 QP were awful for a full time team and to have 2 players go down with cramp against a part time team including Kevin Nicol, Tade and Jones is incredible. As was the diving in the first half. Since when was it no longer a yellow for that? 

The Ref had a nightmare and completely lost it in the second half. But we really are DGW and 10 other c***s. 

Interesting to note Lennon suggested (when asked) that Parry should have done better with the goal. It was difficult to really see what had happened from where I was sitting but I did notice the lazy target man losing his man, which Lennon also alluded to. I also had no idea that John Potter was involved at Queen’s Park after not recognising him on the touchline, so there you go.

That was pretty grim. I liked the way we moved forward in a unit, but we don't have a goal threat. How many times did the ball get fired across the goal and Parry's only save was down at the post in the last minute.

Too many passes went astray; very disappointing.

Robson and Fox tops for Queen's and Brown was a joy to watch in the second half 

Clyde without Goodwillie were as gash as you'd expect but he turned them around when he came on. Gash as they were, we couldn't beat them once again  and that sums up our season.

By the way, is there a more irritating wee shite in Scottish football than Ally Love? What is up with that guy?

Anyway, unless we pick up a scorer sharpish, the season's done. Sad to see how deflated the fans have become.

Jones has been a bit of a nuisance in a couple of games but he was an absolute disgrace today. As lazy as anything I've seen. It's absolutely no surprise to hear DL (and Docherty, and Elsdon) blaming him for the QP goal as he literally doesn't ever bother challenging when defending a set piece; no wonder we look like conceding at every corner. For a team who are built on hard work it is absolutely crazy to keep filling a jersey with him, and even more bonkers that we brought on a trialist that is even lazier. So lazy, that we ended up playing Jones on the right of midfield!

Him aside, we worked hard as has became the normal and I'm pretty sure that with a fit Cunningham/Cuddihy, and the retention of DGW, then we'll have enough to scrap our way to survival. 1 defeat in 9 doesn't lie and we've only conceded 8 in those 9. The bigger issue is that I've no idea what the long term plan is as this type of football is verging on unwatchable.

I thought that was Elsdon's best game and Docherty had the Liverpool loanee in his back pocket. For all I criticised him in the first part of the season, the turnaround in Splaine has been a major factor in our improved results. He's probably benefitting from us punting the ball long as he can hit a long pass and gets around the pitch well. Livingstone similar in that regard.

On a familiar note, these people trying to convince us that they can't find a better right-back than Page (who has played well at centre half), Munro, Mortimer, a better attacking player than Tade, Jones, Love, Andrew, a better midfielder than Nicoll....well they should be chased asap. They're either lying or are lazier than Jones.

I thought the referee had a good game incidentally. Let the match flow and ignored the blatant attempts to buy a foul (which weren't one sided). I'm not really sure what else people are wanting.

As someone said earlier, full-time Queen's Park players pulling up with cramp sums them up. Some really nice footballers, and they'd obviously done their homework to try and get around us out wide. However, they are absolutely powderpuff at the top end of the pitch. I'm not really sure that leaving just the two centre halves up against Goodwillie was a great idea either. All that money and they've won the same number of games this season as a team that are scared to cross the halfway line.

Was Liam Brown out there?

must have been watching a different game. Thought he had a better game than Luca Connell. Our problem is not in midfield...
I'm as disappointed as anyone at repeated failure to put opposition away but some cringey shouts today from the away end 'DO SOMETHING' a personal favourite! And the guy who yelled f**k off Longstaff and then clapped him off the park might be better howling at the livestream every week [emoji2962]