Clyde v Queen’s Park

The QP circus rolls into North Lanarkshire’s premier BMX venue for what is sure to be a tough test against the overperforming minnows.

No manager, a squad that is made out of glass, and an inability to hold onto a lead. I’m not feeling particularly confident in our chances of three points. The draw thing is almost beyond parody now, but it’s what I’d bet on happening.

35 minutes ago, an86 said:

The QP circus rolls into North Lanarkshire’s premier BMX venue for what is sure to be a tough test against the overperforming minnows.

No manager, a squad that is made out of glass, and an inability to hold onto a lead. I’m not feeling particularly confident in our chances of three points. The draw thing is almost beyond parody now, but it’s what I’d bet on happening.

Sorry state of affairs but I have to agree with you.

Honestly don’t have a clue how this will pan out. Our performances against Clyde have been shambolic this season and if it wasn’t for 2 dreadful Goodwillie penalties, we’d of probably lost both games. We capitulate at any sort of pressure and ultimately Clyde will have every right to think they could win this 

I’d be shocked if we don’t have at least 1 new player in for Saturday. Yes we don’t have a manager but this squad is taking us straight to mid table mediocrity. Not only that but the consistency in key players getting injured is ridiculous. “Injury prevention work” by the sport scientists really has paid off this season. That’s brown now getting injured from Saturday aswell, it really is concerning. 

In terms of how we lineup, I wouldn’t be adverse to getting Davidson back in at right back and at worst have Doyle at right centre half alongside Fox. Doyle has bundles of energy but his crossing and passing has been chronic in recent weeks, whereas Davidson linked the play brilliantly against Falkirk and created a number of openings for players.  

Gillepsie and Longstaff quite simply both need to be dropped. Gillespie started the season off strong but he’s tailed off massively and he consistently losing the ball in key areas which is helping nobody. Longstaff has the odd decent touch but there’s so many aspects lacking in his game. Such a disappointment considering he’s been brought up from Liverpool. Hopefully longridge is back and maybe an opportunity for Quitongo to start and get 60 minutes or so under his belt ?

Edited by qpfc

I have been concerned about our injury record and have mentioned this more than once on this forum. It is not just this season. I don't believe in coincidences and believe the problem lies within QP. As a brief and totally non expert comparison Ray Slater has been almost an ever present in the Forfar squad this season. We are not the only club to have had this issue. 10-15 years ago Celtic went through a period of every injury they picked turned out to be more serious than first reported. 

3 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

I have been concerned about our injury record and have mentioned this more than once on this forum. It is not just this season. I don't believe in coincidences and believe the problem lies within QP. As a brief and totally non expert comparison Ray Slater has been almost an ever present in the Forfar squad this season. We are not the only club to have had this issue. 10-15 years ago Celtic went through a period of every injury they picked turned out to be more serious than first reported. 

It could just be a massive coincidence with the quantity of injuries but what we also do need to remember is that to get a few of these players down to league 2 at the time, we were warned about their injury history prior to joining 

Slater- Many injuries prior to signing 

Quitongo- dodgy Knees, think he’s had 3 serious knee injuries in his career already 

Grant- A career riddled with injury, probably why he ended up league 2 with us 

Murray- Joined when returning from a 15 month Injury and has had a number of niggling injuries since returning 

Kilday has had spells out injured also and he’s had long spell out injured throughout this career 

This doesn’t even include Lyon, Baynham being out the entire season so far 

9 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

The lighter training schedule of part-time football might be helping Slater. Had problems with injuries before coming to QP as well. 

39 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

I thought things would be TAILOR made for RAY SLATER...

We’ll need to keep it tight at the back as Queen’s Park do have players who can take a chance when they come, but no reason why we can’t get a positive result out of it.

Would hope for a new face or two before the game but that’s fading quickly. 

1 minute ago, Scott-Replay said:

Another game with Goodwillie on the bench.

After the news that he wants to leave, I was expecting that tbh. Don’t think we’ll see him start again until this window is shut.

Let’s see how long Tade can go for…

Edited by Ignoramus