Livi vs. Ross County

EdinburghLivi

Taking two of our most offensive off so early in the 2nd half must have been a jolt in the arm for County.And County dominated from there on in.Couple of chances from both but none taken.Overall Livi over the 90 mins just about deserved it.Its the Cup and anything could happen..Kudos to the County fans who made the journey, and a safe trip home.

21 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

How did Nouble get on today?

Played replacing Anderson in the centre, would rather have seen him replacing Chucky with Anderson remaining in the centre, then maybe Forrest replacing Anderson. Started to look decent by the end of the game but may take a couple of games to get properly going.

1 hour ago, The Wrong Car said:

I don't think the subs worked that well today, as we seemed to lose a lot of our good play in the second half. With hindsight, Forrest for Anderson through the middle and Shinnie for Omeonga (with Pittman dropping next to Holt) would have kept things similar

Taking Omeonga off gave County the lift they needed, we couldn't keep possession after that and County came at us in waves, he's our best player for getting his foot on the ball and keeping it, making everything tick in midfield. Don't think Nouble's best position is No9 either, he'd be much better playing left side of Anderson, Chucky isn't really ready for starting games either, bit raw and gives possession away too frequently.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Yeh,agree about Chucky.Will take time for him to integrate into the team.For me game changed when Omeonga and Anderson came off.Gave County momentum though we should have killed it late on.Were through and thats all that matters.Next stop Shitcastle.👊.

The rumour has it that County had many players who weren’t match fit - hence the mix and match starting XI.

First half was abysmal. Drysdale was class on Wednesday but I thought he looked nervous FH. Interesting to see the penalty again on Sportscene later - looked soft from my angle, but then also thought he was lucky to escape a red as he was last man.

Second half was a different story. Would’ve liked to have seen Paton on a lot earlier for Burroughs though who I thought offered nothing and Right Wing is certainly not his position.

A little bit gutted as I’d have loved a Scottish Cup run and the way the draw worked out we would’ve been Ball 15 alphabetically and hence would’ve been away to Annan which would’ve been a great day out. Unfortunately it wasn’t to be and best of luck to Livi in the rest of the tournament.

2 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

How did Nouble get on today?

Almost 40 years ago I saw a young John Fashanu play for Crystal Palace on a two match loan.  I know Fashanu was younger than Nouble is now but otherwise it was almost a complete cameo. The tall lanky"style" with the ungainly run; combined with the unease of the defence not really being sure how to handle him

It will certainly be interesting to see how he does once he's settled in.

Burroughs and A. Samuel were fucking rancid. I'd happily never see them play for us again. 

We got exactly what we deserved. Livi were poor too and probably didn't deserve to win a game playing like that... but they deserved to beat us. Does that make sense? 

Shite game all round. It was also fucking freezing. 

Anderson was the best player on the park before he was subbed. Only Spittal and Laidlaw get pass marks for County. 

Didn't know you guys signed Erling Haaland, changed his name to Declan Drysdale and played him at centre half.

He was, for me one of the best players for County today. Taking the ball from defence to attack on a number of occasions. However was lucky to remain on the oark as previously stated.

Spittal was also good. Really would have liked to have seen him sign for us when he was supposed to but distanced himself from Livingston due to his brothers arrest.

Other than that, County were pish. Could be still playing us now and never score today.

For us, Bailey was outstanding until he took his knock and was my motm.
Holt and Omeonga are fucking brilliant however are stick ons every game now for needless, early first half yellow cards which is really starting to grate on me.
Chuck was pants today, but the guy showed good control but with 0 completed passes, was rightfully hooked at HT.
Nouble is not a number 9. However will be frightening I think once up to speed.

It's just a shame after all of that that we have to play and inevitably lose to Hearts.

29 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Didn't know you guys signed Erling Haaland, changed his name to Declan Drysdale and played him at centre half.

He was, for me one of the best players for County today. Taking the ball from defence to attack on a number of occasions. However was lucky to remain on the oark as previously stated.

Spittal was also good. Really would have liked to have seen him sign for us when he was supposed to but distanced himself from Livingston due to his brothers arrest.

Other than that, County were pish. Could be still playing us now and never score today.

For us, Bailey was outstanding until he took his knock and was my motm.
Holt and Omeonga are fucking brilliant however are stick ons every game now for needless, early first half yellow cards which is really starting to grate on me.
Chuck was pants today, but the guy showed good control but with 0 completed passes, was rightfully hooked at HT.
Nouble is not a number 9. However will be frightening I think once up to speed.

It's just a shame after all of that that we have to play and inevitably lose to Hearts.

Yeah Holt's was because Chucky lost possession and put us on the back foot with County breaking on us, Holt took one for the team halting the counter attack. Omeonga's was just mistimed but with the amount of tackles he puts in and the way he buzzes about he's always likely to get a booking. Absolutely brilliant signing for us though.

Must admit thought it was strange when, in the final minute of the game, County won a corner but the county goalkeeper didn't advance up to the opposing penalty area - was almost like they (MM) didn't want to win go to extra time?

If we go to United on Wed and play a full strength team, I firmly believe this “threadbare squad” shite is a cover up for the fact we didn’t give a flying f**k about the cup this year.