Divisional Round

peasy23

12 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

The OT rules are because Americans are allergic to draws (I know they still happen sometimes).

12 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Yeah, but they could play the whole overtime, or have it so they just have alternating possessions until one time has won. Either would be fairer and neither would produce a tie very often. If still level in the post-season, two point conversion shootout.

The CFL went to the alternating possession overtime rule a long time ago and it's infinity billion times better than the stupid NFL sudden death rules.  In the regular season it slightly increases the chances of a draw, but in the playoffs they keep going until one team does better than the other on their possession.  

If you are unfamiliar with the rule, basically each team gets an opportunity with the ball, if team A scores a touchdown then team B has to score a touchdown as well to keep it going etc...

Andy Reid - Bill Belichick.

Patrick Mahomes - Tom Brady.

Travis Kelce - Rob Gronkowski.

Tyreek Hill - Julian Edleman.

…. Could fall in a barrel of shite and come out smelling of roses. The new Patriots. 

Who do I want to win the Super Bowl?….. ‘ABKCC’.  🤬

Edited by pozbaird

Andy Reid - Bill Belichick.
Patrick Mahomes - Tom Brady.
Travis Kelce - Rob Gronkowski.
Tyreek Hill - Julian Edleman.
…. Could fall in a barrel of shite and come out smelling of roses. The new Patriots. 

Who do I want to win the Super Bowl?….. ‘ABKCC’.  [emoji2959]
Chiefs don't annoy me anything like as much as the Patriots. Onlybraally Tyreek Hill that I hate.

Am aware that this could change if they win about another 5 Super Bowls in the next decade.

1 hour ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Chiefs don't annoy me anything like as much as the Patriots. Onlybraally Tyreek Hill that I hate.

Am aware that this could change if they win about another 5 Super Bowls in the next decade.

6 AFC West wins on the spin is enough for me. We get rid of the New England dynasty who just needed to turn up to win the AFC East, and we have another… I know, I know, I’m a Broncos fan, I get it, but the Chiefs are becoming Fergie-era Man Utd, Barcelona, Bayern Munich or the Old Firm - I just want to see them not win everything, all the bloody time. 😛

5 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

I get bored of any team that wins all the time (hasn't ever happened to a team that I support).

This, for me, is why I don't see how Rangers and Celtic fans can be bothered. I loved last season's SB win, and this season (and hopefully next) were good too as there's a buzz about something that feels special is happening that isn't the norm. It sounds ridiculous but sustained long periods of success must start to drain as that excitement goes, and you end up being disappointed by failure instead.

5 hours ago, pozbaird said:

6 AFC West wins on the spin is enough for me. We get rid of the New England dynasty who just needed to turn up to win the AFC East, and we have another… I know, I know, I’m a Broncos fan, I get it, but the Chiefs are becoming Fergie-era Man Utd, Barcelona, Bayern Munich or the Old Firm - I just want to see them not win everything, all the bloody time. 😛

The Chargers have a ridiculous amount of cap space going into the offseason, so if they can do something similar with their defense that they did with the OL last year then they really should be looking at winning 11-12 games minimum next season and challenging for the Division. I thought they underperformed this season even taking the atrocious D into account, and had DJIII not been injured I suspect they'd have swept KC. The loss in Houston would have blown the Division chase anyway, but they really weren't that far away from being a legit contender this season. Even a middle of the pack D would see them right up there if they maintain the sort of offensive output they've been getting.

I also think the Broncos would be a serious threat with a legit QB, so I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that we see someone other than KC win the West next season, and despite their Wildcard, the Raiders spin the wheels by comparison and return to their traditional 4th place finish.