Divisional Round

peasy23

5 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Yeah, I think GB was about the strongest of a pretty poor bunch of playoff teams, I certainly had them as SB favourites, so in spite of being enormously impressed by the San Fran D performance it still has to go down as a shocker of a game for the Pack. 

Even taking Adams completely out of the game you'd still expect a Rodgers O to put up a lot more than 10 points playing at home.

It was impressive how Adams was taken out the game. MVS being out might have been bigger than expected as he has pace and can go deep. 

I want to know how close Bakhtiari was - he could have made the difference but I agree with decision not to play him. You can’t play first game in playoffs after a year out

5 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I think tomorrow's games are basically AFC and NFC Championship games. 

It's great to see some playoff upsets, and although I think this is the weakest bunch of playoff teams I can ever remember I don't really see Cinci and SF going on the road and pulling off an upset win two, or in SF's case, three weeks on the spin. 

In the interests of having an entertaining SB it would be a bit of a damp squib if one of them got there and then got utterly clobbered by the Rams, Bucs, or KC.

If Bucs win tomorrow I agree that it will be unlikely 9ers make it but if it’s the Rams they are a team that 9ers have beaten twice this season already and the 9ers games in LA are usually as good as home games. As for Bengals Burrows has the talent to get them there if his offensive line don’t get him killed first. 

Edited by Jute

5 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

It was impressive how Adams was taken out the game. MVS being out might have been bigger than expected as he has pace and can go deep. 

They let him run riot on that opening drive, then they bracketed him the rest of the way just like I said they should. Still, I would have expected more from Rodgers and that O even with Adams being taken out of the picture. The ST f**k-ups certainly didn't help, but I think it all amounted to a perfect storm of the O having a down day, and the ST's not being able to hold it together and bail GB out.

I know you can't really play 'what ifs' with NFL games because they would progress differently perhaps, but if the FG was not blocked before the half and Jimmy G and the 9'ers absolutely have to score a TD on that final drive to win, then I suspect they come up short and Rodgers and Co finally get something going if the game goes to OT. The San Fran D was immense, but you are not going to shut out GB forever, eventually something would give.

2 minutes ago, Jute said:

If Bucs win tomorrow I agree that it will be unlikely 9ers make it but if it’s the Rams they are a team that 9ers have beaten twice this season already and the 9ers games in LA are usually as good as home games. As for Bengals Burrows has the talent to get them their if his offensive line don’t get him killed first. 

Beating a team three times in an NFL season is practically unheard of, a big part of the reason I was never worried that Buffalo would shit the AFC East up and hand the Pats a route to the Superbowl, so for that reason I can't see SF beating LAR yet again. Agreed that Burrow is perfectly capable, but whichever team wins the game in Arrowhead tomorrow is going to be on a high, especially if it's the Bills, and I think they'll have too much for Cinci at home. Shocks happen all the time, but I think that if KC or Buffalo plays to the level they are capable of, then Cinci wouldn't really be able to hang with them. They were fortunate that Tenn isn't really a team that can score  a bucketload of points in a hurry, so if you are stuffy and hang around against teams like that you will always give yourself a chance. Both KC and the Bills could easily score 30+ in a half and kill the Championship game by half-time. Mahomes has the odd clunker in him though, and the Bills are really inconsistent, so you never know.

41 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

They let him run riot on that opening drive, then they bracketed him the rest of the way just like I said they should. Still, I would have expected more from Rodgers and that O even with Adams being taken out of the picture. The ST f**k-ups certainly didn't help, but I think it all amounted to a perfect storm of the O having a down day, and the ST's not being able to hold it together and bail GB out.

I know you can't really play 'what ifs' with NFL games because they would progress differently perhaps, but if the FG was not blocked before the half and Jimmy G and the 9'ers absolutely have to score a TD on that final drive to win, then I suspect they come up short and Rodgers and Co finally get something going if the game goes to OT. The San Fran D was immense, but you are not going to shut out GB forever, eventually something would give.

No, I agree. We needed another 7 somewhere, anywhere. 

Didn’t get it and that is why the 49ers move on and everyone in Lambeau who remains in a job in February can feel very fortunate.

Said it before, but the Packers have the worst Special Teams in the NFL and it showed today. Probably Adams last game for the Pack.

Brilliant from the 49ers and their Defence was great too.

Hopefully Buccs go out now.

Bengals Titans was a brilliant second half, with both teams making outstanding plays on each side of the ball. One where I almost didn't want a team to lose.

Both top seeds out. Does add fuel to the fire that it isn't always an advantage sitting sitting week out whilst other teams play and get some momentum going.

I’ve got very strong Rodgers away vibes.
guess the Bears have a chance next year
Nah, we'll be rubbish, but hopefully rebuild well and get some flipping OLine in.

Packers probably look at OLine, WR to replace Adams and then Special Teams. Think they'll need to replace Campbell at ILB, who has been good as well.

They're gonna need an outstanding draft to stay competitive, because they're projected to be miles over the cap even with Adams' contract off the books and Rodgers playing on a low basic salary deal.

Actually, just looking at Rodgers' contract and it's only this year he's playing on a low basic, so it kicks in next year to a $26 million basic :blink:

Edited by Boo Khaki

Fair play to the Bengals winning in Nashville without an O line 

Feel asleep before the late game but wasn't that bothered as was fully expecting a blow out but caught the highlights and it was a beautiful thing to see mad Aaron getting papped out.

If the Rams can beat TB tonight with Aaron Donald putting Brady on his arse multiple times it would cap off a decent weekend 

Edited by doulikefish

Fair play to the Bengals winning in Nashville without an O line 
Feel asleep before the late game but wasn't that bothered as was fully expecting a blow out but caught the highlights and it was a beautiful thing to see mad Aaron getting papped out.
If the Rams can beat TB tonight with Aaron Donald putting Brady on his arse multiple times it would cap off a decent weekend 
I actually think the Rams are favourites. They're in great form, whereas the Buccs have looked disjointed since Godwin's injury.

Hopefully Stafford doesn't have one if his multiple picks days.

That was an incredible victory, really feared the worst after the Packers opening drive and then how shite the offense was but what a performance by the defense and Deebo.  Thought it was fucked again after that stupid Jimmy G interception down by the GB goal line. GIRFUY Rodgers.