Divisional Round

peasy23

Pathetic. Specials teams have been a disgrace all year and come back to bite us again.

Well done 49ers. A team in form so hopefully they get the Rams rather than the Buccs. 

I’ve launched my phone across my living room and I saw something from that splinter off so that’s fucked too.

I’m fucking raging.

2 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Has a team ever won a playoff game without scoring an offensive TD before? 

Cowboys beat the Lions 5-0 in 1970

Rams beat the Bucs in the 1979 NFC Championship Game 9-0 courtesy of three FG's.

Edited by Boo Khaki

You can also get to f**k with this Lambeau being a cold storage advantage. We’ve been to one Super Bowl in a generation and we got there cos we went on the road all the time. Build a team to suit conditions.

Get all the special teams people to f**k.

Rodgers will walk now cos that was pathetic. Franchise Adam but Love will miss him probably.

A few shitty Packers years coming up after we’ve finally fixed the defence.

13 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

You can also get to f**k with this Lambeau being a cold storage advantage. We’ve been to one Super Bowl in a generation and we got there cos we went on the road all the time. Build a team to suit conditions.

Makes me laugh when the announcers go on and on about it as if it's only ever the Home team that experiences these conditions. San Fran isn't exactly a tropical paradise and gets freezing fog games all the time, it's also seen plenty of snow games down the years. Even teams in the more temperate parts of the country usually play a couple of cold games on the road every year. Even the Chargers regularly play in Denver, KC etc when it's freezing cold. If anything, coming to San Diego and playing in 100 degree September heat was a bigger home advantage thanks to the Home team being able to select white uniforms.. It's not like it even was back prior to the 90's where teams could cling on to their best players for 10-15 years. Thanks to Free Agency you have guys playing in Tampa for years who then go and spend the remainder of their career in somewhere like Buffalo. Even Dome teams used to play and win snow games on the road. It's such an overblown thing in the NFL, the conditions are exactly the same for both teams and players play all over the USA.

GB wins loads of games at Lambeau because they are a perennial contender and decent teams win most of their Home games regardless of weather conditions.

13 minutes ago, Jute said:

At least next week will be somewhere warm. 

Last time the Bengals won a divisional game they lost to 49ers in the super bowl. Just saying….

I think tomorrow's games are basically AFC and NFC Championship games. 

It's great to see some playoff upsets, and although I think this is the weakest bunch of playoff teams I can ever remember I don't really see Cinci and SF going on the road and pulling off an upset win two, or in SF's case, three weeks on the spin. 

In the interests of having an entertaining SB it would be a bit of a damp squib if one of them got there and then got utterly clobbered by the Rams, Bucs, or KC.

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

Makes me laugh when the announcers go on and on about it as if it's only ever the Home team that experiences these conditions. San Fran isn't exactly a tropical paradise and gets freezing fog games all the time, it's also seen plenty of snow games down the years. Even teams in the more temperate parts of the country usually play a couple of cold games on the road every year. Even the Chargers regularly play in Denver, KC etc when it's freezing cold. If anything, coming to San Diego and playing in 100 degree September heat was a bigger home advantage thanks to the Home team being able to select white uniforms.. It's not like it even was back prior to the 90's where teams could cling on to their best players for 10-15 years. Thanks to Free Agency you have guys playing in Tampa for years who then go and spend the remainder of their career in somewhere like Buffalo. Even Dome teams used to play and win snow games on the road. It's such an overblown thing in the NFL, the conditions are exactly the same for both teams and players play all over the USA.

GB wins loads of games at Lambeau because they are a perennial contender and decent teams win most of their Home games regardless of weather conditions.

The real disappointment, viewed through about 5 vodkas and at least 10 beers, is that this Packers team had a legit chance I felt. In years gone by we either had massive deficiencies on O or D. You could argue we were deficient on O tonight, which we were, but 49ers D played incredible - even though we could only really throw to Adams who was only effective on the first drive.

Our D did well and nullified a shite offensive. 

The special teams fucked us. 

I’d still have backed us against Rams/Buccs next week in moderate temperatures.

Yeah, I think GB was about the strongest of a pretty poor bunch of playoff teams, I certainly had them as SB favourites, so in spite of being enormously impressed by the San Fran D performance it still has to go down as a shocker of a game for the Pack. 

Even taking Adams completely out of the game you'd still expect a Rodgers O to put up a lot more than 10 points playing at home.