Divisional Round

peasy23

Questions need to be asked about why Buffalo booted that final regulation Kick Off through the EZ. If you pooch kick it to the corner KC has to field it, they can't really knee, so they have to advance it and take 3-4 seconds off the clock. Both plays leading to the FG took 9 seconds off the clock, so if you pooch kick it and only leave KC with 9 seconds to begin with, they can't call two short throws that see the runner YAC it for 3-4 seconds both times. You force them to chuck something deep, they perhaps only get one shot, and you can defend it much more simply. That's a coaching f**k up as much as it is just bad play on the part of the D. ST coaches really should be on top of situational stuff to an even greater degree than anyone else on the staff.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

The OT rules are because Americans are allergic to draws (I know they still happen sometimes).

Yeah, but they could play the whole overtime, or have it so they just have alternating possessions until one time has won. Either would be fairer and neither would produce a tie very often. If still level in the post-season, two point conversion shootout.

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

Questions need to be asked about why Buffalo booted that final regulation Kick Off through the EZ. If you pooch kick it to the corner KC has to field it, they can't really knee, so they have to advance it and take 3-4 seconds off the clock. Both plays leading to the FG took 9 seconds off the clock, so if you pooch kick it and only leave KC with 9 seconds to begin with, they can't call two short throws that see the runner YAC it for 3-4 seconds both times. You force them to chuck something deep, they perhaps only get one shot, and you can defend it much more simply. That's a coaching f**k up as much as it is just bad play on the part of the D. ST coaches really should be on top of situational stuff to an even greater degree than anyone else on the staff.

spot on, the only think I can think of is that the Hill long run for the TD spooked them but surely you trust your ST to not let him return it for 50+

Just now, Fuctifano said:

spot on, the only think I can think of is that the Hill long run for the TD spooked them but surely you trust your ST to not let him return it for 50+

When you pooch it everyone is pulling to one side of the field, the returner has to secure it after the ball has hit the deck so even fielding it is more difficult, and the return teams blocking alignment goes out of the window because the ball isn't hit straight, so you really shouldn't be worried about a long return. Hell, if you are that spooked, kick it straight at one of the upbacks, or kick it just behind him so he has to turn around and field it instead of the deep guy for fear that your gunner is going to get there first and recover it. 

There are a multitude of ways to burn 3-4 seconds on a kick that don't risk a return. Buffalo evidently never gave it any thought.

Still feel a bit sick tbh, I'm normally the most cautious person but even I thought it was over with 13 seconds to go. 

As Warren Sharp said, kick the ball in bounds, leaves them time for 2 plays. Hold everyone on the first play and eat the 5 yard penalty then all you have to defend is a hail Mary or hook and ladder play. The way they defended it was as if the Chiefs had no timeouts. 

Might not get a better chance than that for some time. 

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Still feel a bit sick tbh, I'm normally the most cautious person but even I thought it was over with 13 seconds to go. 

As Warren Sharp said, kick the ball in bounds, leaves them time for 2 plays. Hold everyone on the first play and eat the 5 yard penalty then all you have to defend is a hail Mary or hook and ladder play. The way they defended it was as if the Chiefs had no timeouts. 

Might not get a better chance than that for some time. 

You will face them again next season, most probably in the AFC championship. 

2 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Enjoyed Bills Chiefs, but prefer games where the Defence actually makes some stops.

Did think Hill scprimg the TD with 1.02 left was good news for the Bills, as gave time to respond. Thought the Bills would hang on for the win at the end.

Yeah, the Chiefs game was great but preferred the Rams one as there were more defensive stops and offensive f**k ups, and a shocking end. The KC game was anticlimactic as, as soon as they won the coin toss, everyone knew what was going to happen.

That Bucs loss is a sair yin. I went to bed at half time, content (if that's the right word) that we were being absolutely outplayed and that we'd lost.

Watched the second half earlier and was absolutely stunned to get back to 27-27, and thought we might have some momentum in OT.

That ending feels like we lost two games! 😭

Still, can't win 'em all and, if losing means Brady plays one more year, i'll be content with being a contender again next season.

Edited by Todd_is_God