Divisional Round

peasy23

15 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

He's the AFC Kirk Cousins. Not bad enough to give up on completely, but you wouldn't want your team being QB'd by him if the rest of the roster is capable of making a run.

That last INT looked horrible, but if you look closely the DB made a good play by sticking his hand in and knocking the ball up in the air. Tannehill totally stared down the WR and made it obvious where the ball was going though.

He always takes to long and makes it look fuckin obvious where it's going. AJ Brown hides the cracks for him because he is such a good WR. Why they just didn't keep playing the run is beyond me.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

He always takes to long and makes it look fuckin obvious where it's going. AJ Brown hides the cracks for him because he is such a good WR. Why they just didn't keep playing the run is beyond me.

It's frustrating as f**k being a fan of a franchise with a nearly QB because you are simultaneously there but not quite in terms of winning something, but also nowhere near being bad enough to land a high enough pick to draft a no-brainer replacement.

Should never really hope a player gets injured, but sometimes the only way to move on from these guys is when they get hurt and a hitherto unknown steps up and outplays them. Nobody at Tenn is going to put their job on the line by bombing Tannehill out of town to either sit in the wilderness for years, gamble on landing Watson/Wilson/Rodgers, or mortgage the farm to move up and grab a QB (not that there's anyone impressive coming out of college this year anyway). I thought it was stupid at the time when the Titans gave RT all that money, and to be fair he's performed up to the contract, but similar to the likes of Cousins I don't think it's ever a good idea to pay a 'not quite' guy like a true Franchise QB. You totally f**k yourself over and prevent any real ability to do anything about it without going full scorched earth and through a series of interim, short-term staffs. It's a stupid thing for any established regime to do.

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

This already looks tediously predictable. Four completed passes, four first downs.

9'ers need to totally bracket Adams and take him out of the game as much as possible. Rodgers will probably still annihilate you anyway, but they can't just stand and watch them play catch all night long without doing something deliberate to try and f**k with it.

1 minute ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

Solid start. 

Equally encouraging is the chat about Rodgers loving life this year so maybe he and Adams stay!

I think they'll Franchise Adams at worst, and I can't see Rodgers leaving for several reasons, least of which is that his back-up looked hopeless against a crappy KC defense.

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Him and Strahan had some epic battles. Didn’t he become a senator/politician? 

He did indeed. Made a late-season cameo for the Chargers in 2009, then retired and promptly stood for Congress. He's out of politics now as far as I know.