Divisional Round

peasy23

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:
1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:
They might have been shite for 30 years, but the Bengals have never lost a conference championship game.

Possibly because they've only been in 2.

2-0 in Conference Championships isn't to be sniffed at.

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

They might have been shite for 30 years, but the Bengals have never lost a conference championship game.

Tim Krumrie's legbreak seems like yesterday.

Krumrie is perhaps remembered most for the severely broken leg he suffered during Super Bowl XXIII where the Bengals played the San Francisco 49ers. As Krumrie came off a block from 49er offensive linemen Jesse Sapolu and Randy Cross, he went to make a tackle on ball carrier Roger Craig. When his foot was planted in the ground, the pressure his weight put on his ankle joint caused his lower leg to snap above the joint. Knowing how devastating losing Krumrie would be, Bengals coach Sam Wyche can be heard talking into his headset at the time, simply saying "Get up Tim. Get up Tim." as Krumrie laid on the field. The injury was severe enough that an inflatable splint had to be brought out onto the field to stabilize the leg and Krumrie was diagnosed with a broken tibia and fibula. Despite his injury, Krumrie refused to go to the hospital, insisting on staying in the locker room and watching the game on television, only leaving when the paramedics told him he might go into shock. After a 15-inch steel rod was surgically implanted to stabilize the leg, Krumrie was ready by the start of the 1989 regular season.

Edited by kiddy

Just now, mrpaddyx said:

5 Defeats definitely doesn't feel like a 1 seed.

Sign of a weak Conference overall. They got lucky that KC had a piss poor start to the season and Buffalo was inconsistent, but both those teams are more complete and capable than Tenn.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The Bills or the Chiefs will destroy this Bengals team.

They should, yes, but neither are steamrollers and both are capable of laying a complete egg on any given week, so I wouldn't totally rule out Cinci somehow representing the AFC in the Superbowl. I expected them to beat Tennessee, but that was only because I think Tenn's 1st seed is all smoke and mirrors, not because I think Cinci is particularly strong. Winner of tomorrow's game should be the AFC Champ, but stranger things have happened.

3 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Yip.

Weird seeing a right-footed kicker prefer the right hash.

He was with the Texans when they were on hard knocks and he was just a total fud. Was bordering on bullying. Never liked him since then 

Always shocks me to see the Titans do well with Tannehill at quarterback. Maybe a naive opinion but he is distinctly distinctly average, probably the worse QB left in the divisional round as atleast Jimmy G can pull out a cracking game every so often and plays at a reasonable level in games he doesn’t throw an INT.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

f**k OF RYAN YOU FUCKIN f**k.

He's the AFC Kirk Cousins. Not bad enough to give up on completely, but you wouldn't want your team being QB'd by him if the rest of the roster is capable of making a run.

That last INT looked horrible, but if you look closely the DB made a good play by sticking his hand in and knocking the ball up in the air. Tannehill totally stared down the WR and made it obvious where the ball was going though.

Just now, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Always shocks me to see the Titans do well with Tannehill at quarterback. Maybe a naive opinion but he is distinctly distinctly average, probably the worse QB left in the divisional round as atleast Jimmy G can pull out a cracking game every so often and plays at a reasonable level in games he doesn’t throw an INT.

They're the epitome of what I've always said about the aerial circus that is the modern NFL. Doesn't matter how shite your QB is, if you can run the ball consistently and stop the run reasonably well, then there are enough garbage opponents on the schedule that you'll grind out 10 wins every season and make the playoffs. You'll get found out once you get there, but it's enough to keep coaches like Vrabel in a job.

6 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Tim Krumrie's legbreak seems like yesterday.

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I love that he refused to go to the hospital and stayed to watch the game. Comes across as a good guy in the Missing Rings episode about the Bengals 

matthew broderick film GIF