Divisional Round

peasy23

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

No, you should be throwing on 3rd.

It's essentially a free shot down the field because you should be absolutely confident of converting 4th and 1 with a simple play like a sneak or dive, so you take the free opportunity at extra yardage, and by chucking it you stay out of the stupid scenario Tenn got themselves into of being stopped in the backfield and making your 4th down longer than it needed to be.

Chase is great and all, but this is Cinci's off-season neglect of the OL being laid bare. It was just as bad last season and it nearly got Burrow killed. They need to sort this pronto to stop JB going the way of David Carr and Andrew Luck

Protection for Burrows should be the Bengals prime priority in the draft.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

This is the type of over analysing i'm talking about. Unless you are taking a shot at the end zone, forget about the extra yards you might get by passing - Two gut runs will almost certainly pick up the 1 yard you need, you move the chains, and you reset.

It's not over-analysing.

It's convention that on 2nd and short teams take a shot at extra yardage because they are confident they can convert 3rd and short. If you predetermine that you are going for it on 4th and short, then your 3rd down is exactly the same scenario.

I'm not sure what I want from the 9ers game tonight. On one hand I really want the opportunity to host the Championship game in Tampa, but on the other, i've already resigned myself to having to go to Lambeau and losing, so not having that prospect ahead would just make not making the Super Bowl all the more disappointing!

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

It's not over-analysing.

It's convention that on 2nd and short teams take a shot at extra yardage because they are confident they can convert 3rd and short. If you predetermine that you are going for it on 4th and short, then your 3rd down is exactly the same scenario.

I love how we all see and think differently 🙂