Alloa v Celtic

Flybhoy

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

We also had an equally blatant penalty denied so overturn the decisions you think went against you we still win that game 2-1

Chop off the penalty from last week, we still win 1-0. 

And lets be honest the score in both games flattered you, you could take a lesson from Alloa on how to press and be brave

Dream on about that penalty claim. A penalty in Jinty McGuinty's and Kitty O'Shea's only. We will have our revenge at ER soon. Brother Walsh or Dallas will give us a dodgy pen and sink your title dreams. lol.  

Feared the worst given our form but it was a really good effort. We started well but switched off a bit for the opener. Fortunate not to concede again straight after and it looked bleak at that point, but we hung in and actually had a really good chance through Sammon. It was disappointing we didn't take that or manage to get to h/t at 1-0, although the second goal was terrific. 

Celtic had a lot of the ball second half but not too many clear chances. With Robbo and later Trouten and Scougall making a difference after coming on we began to look more dangerous and we had some nice wee moves. Really good goal we scored and couple of half chances after. Celtic looked rattled at the back towards the end. But 2-1, I'd have taken that before the game. 

17 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Dream on about that penalty claim. A penalty in Jinty McGuinty's and Kitty O'Shea's only. We will have our revenge at ER soon. Brother Walsh or Dallas will give us a dodgy pen and sink your title dreams. lol.  

Like you did at Easter Road in October ? Care to remind me how that one turned out again?

Ryan Gosling Reaction GIF

You need to give this one up ;)

Edited by Jinky67

6 hours ago, Waspie said:

Feared the worst given our form but it was a really good effort. We started well but switched off a bit for the opener. Fortunate not to concede again straight after and it looked bleak at that point, but we hung in and actually had a really good chance through Sammon. It was disappointing we didn't take that or manage to get to h/t at 1-0, although the second goal was terrific. 

Celtic had a lot of the ball second half but not too many clear chances. With Robbo and later Trouten and Scougall making a difference after coming on we began to look more dangerous and we had some nice wee moves. Really good goal we scored and couple of half chances after. Celtic looked rattled at the back towards the end. But 2-1, I'd have taken that before the game. 

Pretty much this. It was good to see Celtic's quality up close and we rode our luck a few times, but we were well organised and committed.

As you say, if we get to the break only one down or Sammon scores then who knows.

Trouten and Scougall showed their class when they came on and it was a lovely goal. Those two and Robbo have to start when fit. Barry F needs to find a way of fitting them in (and not at fullback).

Big Sena was tremendous.

9 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Someone’s not been to Glasgow in a while if you think those are the 2 main Celtic pubs.

Kitty’s is a cracking pub tbf, Celtic pub or not. There’s one in Edinburgh as well now up on Frederick street.

Like most of the posters here, pleasantly surprised at yesterday’s display. Going into it, thought it could be six’s and seven’s. Seeing how strong Ange went with his line-up, that confirmed my fears.

Sena’s opening challenge which carved open the opportunity for Sammon a few minutes in gave me confidence. We had a game plan and very nearly executed it perfectly.

Don’t get me wrong, Celtic controlled the game and could’ve scored many more but we had our chances. You always look for slices of luck and everything to go your way in these games. The goal just before half-time was a real blow, great finish though. Cross from Scales too was outstanding. Was very impressed with him. If Maeda had been on firing form, it could’ve been very different.

Obviously, a lot of stick for Sena on social media for strong challenges. I thought he was excellent. Didn’t give Rogic a minute and although he was absolutely shattered, he kept going. The tackle on Guchi is strong and the follow through makes it a lot worse. Thankfully he seems ok. The one to McGregor, albeit accidental, is the big sore one.   

Robertson coming on for us made a big difference too. Sammon competed well and on another day could’ve had a hat-trick. Mental to say. Andy Graham looked back to his top form too, bar one crazy moment from him and Durnan.

I am getting a lot of stick on Twitter for saying we had Celtic shaking. We definitely gave them a squeaky final 10. That’s all I meant. Few shaky moments from Hart and Starfelt in that period. Trouten has a glorious opportunity and maybe a sharp Trouts sticks that away. Not to worry. Lots of positives to take away from it. I am not crazy to think we weren’t dominated but that was the game plan! We can’t go toe to toe for 90 minutes, we realised that and worked well with it.

Bottom line is, if we play like that every week, we don’t linger at the bottom of League 1. Biggest challenge and the most important game is we play like that against Clyde next week. All in all, a good occasion, always good full house under the lights. We gave a good account of ourselves but ultimately, just fell short.

Edited by KierenAAFC

19 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Can’t wait til snifter continually mentions hibs and hampden in the hearts v Celtic match thread and every other Celtic thread til the end of the season and beyond. 

He will be banned by then surely probs the biggest roaster on here at the moment.

On 23/01/2022 at 10:58, AJF said:

Kitty’s is a cracking pub tbf, Celtic pub or not. There’s one in Edinburgh as well now up on Frederick street.

Not been to the Edinburgh one but they have one on Great Western Road now where Viper used to be. More of a student bar/club than the other Irish places so it's not full of bams in Stone Island and CP Company gear. Was there a couple of months ago and the bartender charged me 15 quid for a beer and 8 sambuca (not my choice), I asked him 3 times if he was sure that was the price and he said yeah. So its either really cheap or that guy is really daft. 

Alloa’s Mouhamed Niang is set to be hammered with a retrospective red card for his horror tackle on Celtic new boy Yosuke Ideguchi. 

Record Sport understands the SFA compliance officer has today triggered a probe into the 22-year-old’s foul on Ideguchi which forced the Japanese international to limp out of Saturday’s Scottish Cup tie at the Indodrill.

So much nonsense being talked about this tie. Apparently Postecoglou told his players not to tackle in the closing stages. Despite that, Celtic still managed to commit more fouls in the game than Alloa did, despite having 80/20 possession. And clearly his memo didn't reach whoever the Celtic player was who lunged into Niang in the 90th minute, which went unpunished by the ref. Lots of simpletons happy to buy into the narrative though. 

As the only remaining true member of the Old Firm, I had lots of respect for Celtic who managed to win games without the aid of the Penalty Fairy that watches over Kinning Park utd.

But after all the pish bring directed at Sena for an honest beefy tackle that the Celtic player crapped out of, I have lost all respect for them as a team.

Based on the greeting here, I'm glad they won the tie, who knows how bad things would have been had they lost😱

1 hour ago, laughing gravie said:

Postecoglou later weighed in as he criticised Alloa and claimed he had told his players not to bother going into tackles, which is probably why the unhappy Jappy got injured.

Did he say that on here??