Albums of 2022

NotThePars

Another year another host of music will be getting punted out. 

What are you looking forward to? 

Anything in particular already released that you are enjoying?

Burial's released a new EP that, imo, harkens back to the Rival Dealer EP from 2013 especially the much sparser Come Down To Us. Big fan of Strange Neighbourhood especially. At the same time, you know what you're getting at this point.

Edited by NotThePars

Few years back, i listened to a twin atlantic. Didnt remember listening to them again since, and seen when looking for something new the other day, they had a new album out. I thought in my head from what i remembered they were  kind of garage rock territory sorta thing from my vague memories. InI listened to the new album and i doubt anything else released in 2022 could be worse.  Felt like i was listening to a more pop punky Gerry Cinnamon mob. Dire dire stuff, cant believe i had a vague memory of liking something from them years ago. The shame!

On 24/01/2022 at 10:57, NotThePars said:

The lead singer got annoyed at me for saying he was like a bad Kurt Cobain on stage that’s all I have on TA. Seen them twice and they made no other impression.

They supported Limp Bizkit at O2 academy about 8 years ago. Completely the wrong band for that crowd. They got booed through their whole set, singer had a go back saying they had 3 more songs and they'll play them whether you fucking like it or not. 😂 

The Waterboys have a new album out I think in May. I was a massive fan in the 80s but lost interest a bit with the direction late 90s when he basically went solo. The last couple have been outstanding so I am hoping this continues.

On 20/01/2022 at 18:04, betting competition said:

Looking forward to Yard Act new album Overload tomorrow. 

Can't quite make up my mind whether I quite like it or whether I absolutely fucking hate it. Bits of it are quite witty and then bits of it remind me of the poetry I would write when I was about fourteen.

1 hour ago, Yoss said:

Can't quite make up my mind whether I quite like it or whether I absolutely fucking hate it. Bits of it are quite witty and then bits of it remind me of the poetry I would write when I was about fourteen.

I'm think its a decent debut but there is a few tracks I really don't like. Over-hyped but hopefully they are still great live when I see them in March. 

4 hours ago, betting competition said:

I'm think its a decent debut but there is a few tracks I really don't like. Over-hyped but hopefully they are still great live when I see them in March. 

Yeah since I listened to it they've been announced on the line-ups for both End of the Road and Doune the Rabbit Hole, so I'll probably see them live as well.

Mick Head's new album allegedly getting released in May.  No confirmation yet whether this is 2022, 2023 or beyond.  On its 3rd title so far, with a different track listing from the one announced last year.  UK tour announced as well, including St Lukes.

Here's hoping things go to plan for the first time ever.

Edited by the aggressive beggar

Beach House’s Once Twice Melody once finally fully out is definitely in with a shout. Absolutely no filler so far, and it’s going to be a an 18 song length album. 13 songs so far of the highest standard they’ve ever put out I reckon.

On 01/02/2022 at 23:45, SweeperDee said:

Beach House’s Once Twice Melody once finally fully out is definitely in with a shout. Absolutely no filler so far, and it’s going to be a an 18 song length album. 13 songs so far of the highest standard they’ve ever put out I reckon.

Is that getting fully released on the 18th of this month? Do like what has been released so far

Edited by betting competition

Is that getting fully released on the 18th of this month? Do like what has been released so far

As far as I’m aware. I think it’s fantastic, next to no filler and each song has its own merits; the album itself flows very well. Think the standouts so far are Only You Know, New Romance, Superstar, Pink Funeral, and Masquerade.