Arbroath v Darvel

1320Lichtie

On 16/01/2022 at 17:51, 1320Lichtie said:

I have seen their team recognise all of their players who have played in the league and to me they seem like a Poundland version of Kelty 

We should have too much 

Auchinleck at Gayfield we won 3-0 and it was a glorified training session for us 2 year ago and were a much better team right now 

You got your glorified training session thanks to a dodgy penalty 6 minutes from getting your arses felt.

11 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

You got your glorified training session thanks to a dodgy penalty 6 minutes from getting your arses felt.

I recall events a lot differently but yeah we were close to going out down at your place 

Darryl Meggat, Jason Marr, Jordan Kirkpatrick, Scott Ferguson, Andy Stirling, David Galt are all guys who 5/6 years ago I would’ve been happy to see Arbroath sign in L2 or L1. So there’s some good players in this team, past their best and not sure on the fitness levels of these guys.  

They do remind me of a Poundland version of Kelty though. They’ve been romping L2 with that team and I know on the day in the LC game we only beat them 3-2 after going 2-0 down but that was a really comfortable victory and should’ve been a lot more. 

Kind of hoping for that again today but because it’s Saturday and game day the nerves have come in a little bit.

Just get the job done Arbroath 

Through comfortably in the end but till we got that first goal there wasn't anything in it but our class told in the end. Darvel didn't help themselves by constantly trying to play out from the back which was achieving nothing except putting them under pressure when we pressed and inevietably took the ball from them. TBF they gave us more of a game than Forfar did in the earlier round. Looking forward to the next round whoever we get.

C'mon the Lichties

A bit of a stroll in the end although Darvel looked tidy enough, they certainly tried to play football. The result was about right although we could have scored another couple and Gaston never had a save to make.

As has been said, the three Hamiltons were excellent today, Colin seemed to be on a goal scoring mission for a while in the second half with a couple of great attacking runs. Chris superb in midfield and what can we say about Jack? Brilliant striking performance, a natural goalscorer and loads of energy and physicality today - can’t believe Livi fans doubted his commitment and effort.

Wighton played well too and deserved a goal. Don’t want to speak too soon but there could be more goals in that partnership than Nouble/Dowds.

Bobby’s introduction gave us that bit of a push when we were starting to look a bit flat. ToB, Little and JT solid as usual.

I can see why Darvel are doing so well but imo they showed incredible niavety in continuing to try and play out from the back. Our biggest strengths are our physicality and energy and we’re also top scorers in the league so not the best approach for them. They got away with it two or three times but they were just constantly playing themselves into danger. I’m not suggesting they should have lumped it up the park, they don’t look like that sort of team, but missing out the full backs standing on their 6 yard line and going straight to the midfield might have been a better tactic.

Also hope the fan who took unwell is ok. I was standing close to him and he looked in a bad way.

Aberdeen away please.

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

A bit of a stroll in the end although Darvel looked tidy enough, they certainly tried to play football. The result was about right although we could have scored another couple and Gaston never had a save to make.

As has been said, the three Hamiltons were excellent today, Colin seemed to be on a goal scoring mission for a while in the second half with a couple of great attacking runs. Chris superb in midfield and what can we say about Jack? Brilliant striking performance, a natural goalscorer and loads of energy and physicality today - can’t believe Livi fans doubted his commitment and effort.

Wighton played well too and deserved a goal. Don’t want to speak too soon but there could be more goals in that partnership than Nouble/Dowds.

Bobby’s introduction gave us that bit of a push when we were starting to look a bit flat. ToB, Little and JT solid as usual.

I can see why Darvel are doing so well but imo they showed incredible niavety in continuing to try and play out from the back. Our biggest strengths are our physicality and energy and we’re also top scorers in the league so not the best approach for them. They got away with it two or three times but they were just constantly playing themselves into danger. I’m not suggesting they should have lumped it up the park, they don’t look like that sort of team, but missing out the full backs standing on their 6 yard line and going straight to the midfield might have been a better tactic.

Also hope the fan who took unwell is ok. I was standing close to him and he looked in a bad way.

Aberdeen away please.

I don't know what it is with him but he might've found his level for now. He looks lazy and uninterested when he plays up front for us. Does zero running and looks incredibly slow.

Nouble looks 10x the player, I didn't realise how quick he actually is! 

I don't know what it is with him but he might've found his level for now. He looks lazy and uninterested when he plays up front for us. Does zero running and looks incredibly slow.

4 goals in 2 games for us. [emoji23]

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

It definitely seems odd. We obviously never saw him in the flesh last time round and I was expecting him to be as Livi fans have been saying. However in the games I’ve seen so far he has been anything but lazy, slow and uninterested.

Played the full 90 again today and was still buzzing around the park right until the end. There was one instance where he absolutely burned their full back to win a through pass, making up a 5 yard deficit in about 30 yards. Looks very sharp and committed.

Nouble’s obviously great but a totally different player to Hamilton, he’ll create a shit load of goals for you, might not score many though.

Just now, stan3600 said:

4 goals in 2 games for us. emoji23.png

Utterly confuses me, I really hope he comes good for us but he can't afford to stand still and wait for chances to come with us, which he does so much

Just now, Tattie36 said:

It definitely seems odd. We obviously never saw him in the flesh last time round and I was expecting him to be as Livi fans have been saying. However in the games I’ve seen so far he has been anything but lazy, slow and uninterested.

Played the full 90 again today and was still buzzing around the park right until the end. There was one instance where he absolutely burned their full back to win a through pass, making up a 5 yard deficit in about 30 yards. Looks very sharp and committed.

Nouble’s obviously great but a totally different player to Hamilton, he’ll create a shit load of goals for you, might not score many though.

It might be to do with the difference in physicality between the two leagues, Nouble tried a few shoulder bumps today and it didn't seem to go as he thought it would.

Hamilton had a chance against Aberdeen (I think) where he had a good 10-20 yards on Bates and he beat him to the ball

56 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Utterly confuses me, I really hope he comes good for us but he can't afford to stand still and wait for chances to come with us, which he does so much

It might be to do with the difference in physicality between the two leagues, Nouble tried a few shoulder bumps today and it didn't seem to go as he thought it would.

Hamilton had a chance against Aberdeen (I think) where he had a good 10-20 yards on Bates and he beat him to the ball

Or it’s just him getting minutes under his belt. 2 full 90s before today. In the first game he played down at Ayr I was worried, but a couple of games and he’s back looking sharp 

On the physicality thing and Nouble, just no, plenty of big physical bruisers in this league. Might not be able to play as much as they do in the top flight but Nouble is a tank