Jacob Brown

6 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Can we have some videos of him making an arse of it for balance, please.

Yes, of course. I don't know much about Jacob Brown and that's what the purpose of putting this thread on here is all about, but I don't as yet have anything showing him making an arse of it although if you or anyone else does get it posted. If he does good or he does shite it's not important, the main thing is to have a balanced, fair and objective view on him.

Edited by 2426255

On 17/01/2022 at 08:14, 2426255 said:

Yes, of course. I don't know much about Jacob Brown and that's what the purpose of putting this thread on here is all about, but I don't as yet have anything showing him making an arse of it although if you or anyone else does get it posted. If he does good or he does shite it's not important, the main thing is to have a balanced, fair and objective view on him.

I have the first few seconds of his debut where it was revealed he had the touch of a donkey 

Reminded me of olly burke

He hit a purple patch prior to his call up in November, which on the surface could have caught Steve Clarke's eye especially as he was already known to the Scotland set up. 

image.png.6826c4649dd1d12c40c9f8e5727e5e9a.png

His subsequent superficial output has declined, but I haven't had the time to watch him play for Stoke City and check out his game so he might have been unlucky or be a great team player. 

image.png.5fd453f24c128df707bd3747507951fd.png

I'm expecting he will be called up in March so long as he is getting game time and helping Stoke be a better team regardless of superficial individual stats. I can't think of a newly capped player ever been dumped out after making one squad under Steve Clarke, other than select cases such as Paul McGinn.

Never caught the game last night, Stoke City fans on their forum still seem to be very split on him. Judging by the post match interview of Jacob Brown and Michael O'Neill it's pretty obvious why managers like him and fans are unsure. He is a team player, a grafter, no ego - but not quite efficient enough for some in the final third. 

In terms of the National Team, he has been getting a good number of minutes for Stoke (68% of minutes available to him) and that goal is a nice way to cap off the month. He has put himself in a position for a recall depending upon what Steve Clarke needs. Let's see what he does in February.

image.png.7afa7d515d27fa77212143a3f36e56b9.png

image.png.35456d5eaa3767a1fea459ed9cf9b3ef.png

Edited by 2426255

I get really Olly Burke/Matt Phillips vibes from him, but we aren't exactly spoilt for choice in attacking positions.
I've seen pretty much nothing of him so basing this on vibes only but I get the same feeling. The Championship's a funny league. I don't think Clarke will ditch him after one camp though - has he done that with anyone who's been in an initial squad?

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I get really Olly Burke/Matt Phillips vibes from him.

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I've seen pretty much nothing of him so basing this on vibes only but I get the same feeling. 

Maybe better to watch him than go off vibes.

55 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

The fact that Scotland are reduced to calling up guys like Brown and Dykes is embarrassing 

Dykes has arguably been one of Scotlands most important players over the last campaign and a half. He’s an effective target man when playing as a lone striker, and is very good at bringing the ball down at the same time as holding off defenders and protecting the ball, which in turn gives the midfield time to get up the pitch in support. Dykes has shown on numerous occasions that he can be trusted to play that role for Scotland, and couple that up with getting himself in to goal scoring positions in the box which he has done, again, on numerous occasions. Most recently against Israel and the Faroe Islands, both of which were extremely important goals at the time. 

51 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Dykes has arguably been one of Scotlands most important players over the last campaign and a half. He’s an effective target man when playing as a lone striker, and is very good at bringing the ball down at the same time as holding off defenders and protecting the ball, which in turn gives the midfield time to get up the pitch in support. Dykes has shown on numerous occasions that he can be trusted to play that role for Scotland, and couple that up with getting himself in to goal scoring positions in the box which he has done, again, on numerous occasions. Most recently against Israel and the Faroe Islands, both of which were extremely important goals at the time. 

Quicker just to say “ he’s pish” LOL

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

The return of Captain Sensible is exactly what this section of the forum was missing. For too long now we've had reasoned discussion in here, and I for one am glad it has now come to an end. 

Get in here Captain Sensible, the Tartan Army section needs livened up!