Arbroath

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Glad we’ve moved on from the days of clubs needing a 10,000 all seater and other similar requirements 

What a nonsense that was 

Inverness ground shared with Aberdeen for half a season ffs 

Our game looks worse now because of it and that’s ignoring the financial trouble multiple clubs got in to trying to meet it. Seeing the likes of Livingston playing in a ground I don’t think they’ll ever have ever filled half of with there own fans is ridiculous.

It would be a shame to force them to play at a different ground. As for getting promoted, I think they'll falter at the end, but it'd be a great story if they didn't. Either way, the Championship this season is looking 'tight af', no matter whether you are looking at the top or bottom of it.

The romance of a small part time club reaching "the big leagues" must be worth a fair bit of PR gold for both the SPFL and Arbroath themselves.

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Every year there's one of these threads, the ground requirements for the championship is the same as the premiership so if you remember that you'll be grand. 

Have you got a link confirming this please?

17 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Our game looks worse now because of it and that’s ignoring the financial trouble multiple clubs got in to trying to meet it. Seeing the likes of Livingston playing in a ground I don’t think they’ll ever have ever filled half of with there own fans is ridiculous.

Almost as if franchising someone else's club to another town doesn't work.

Surely not!

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Glad we’ve moved on from the days of clubs needing a 10,000 all seater and other similar requirements 

What a nonsense that was 

Inverness ground shared with Aberdeen for half a season ffs 

I think Partick Thistle and Falkirk also got fucked over because of that nonsense rule 

5 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I think Partick Thistle and Falkirk also got fucked over because of that nonsense rule 

And St Mirren. We had to put seats in behind the goal at the Love St end to bring it up to 10000 seats. This put a serious dent in our budget and we were relegated the following season. 

4 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

To be fair, at the time, it was as funny as fuck when it happened to Falkirk. Motherwell fans were particularly happy.

We ended up having to build a stand behind the goals at "old" St.Mirren Park, midway through our title winning season in 1999-2000 to meet seating requirements.

We also had to install USH, which we only used for a year as we moved to "New" St.Mirren Park the year after, when we were champions in 2005-2006.

30 minutes ago, Munoz said:

And St Mirren. We had to put seats in behind the goal at the Love St end to bring it up to 10000 seats. This put a serious dent in our budget and we were relegated the following season. 

I believe it's called the save Aberdeen rule 

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

The worst part is that we did used to fill over half of it. We had 3-5k season ticket holders at one point but following the Italians pissing the club up against the wall and ruining the bond with the local community it seems like people never came back. 

A lot of them ended up being couch fans for the Old Firm but then again you've got mad roasters like the Livingston RSC popping up. Absolute minters.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Almost as if franchising someone else's club to another town doesn't work.

Surely not!

I'd say it's worked out pretty well in the end. We had a lot of fans up until the Italians set us back 10/15 years. We're only now basically back at the point we were prior to their shite albeit minus a good few thousand season ticket holders.

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Every year there's one of these threads, the ground requirements for the championship is the same as the premiership so if you remember that you'll be grand. 

I’m not so sure that clubs are permitted to allow spectators to watch Premiership matches from open terracing. That would mean that Arbroath would only be able to sell tickets for their stand. Anyway, as much as I would like Arbroath to be promoted to the Premiership, it really isn’t going to happen.

Just now, kingjoey said:

I’m not so sure that clubs are permitted to allow spectators to watch Premiership matches from open terracing. That would mean that Arbroath would only be able to sell tickets for their stand. Anyway, as much as I would like Arbroath to be promoted to the Premiership, it really isn’t going to happen.

They are.