Arbroath

On 05/02/2022 at 19:37, resk said:

My understanding is that the SPFL requirements are the same for the Championship as they are for the Premiership.  So every team currently playing in the Championship, assuming they are doing so legitimately, has a stadium that meets the requirements to also play in the Premiership.  

Here are the regulations (section H is the relevant one I think):

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Rules and Regulations 12-Jan-22 (MASTER COPY) CLEAN.pdf

H18 and H19, for example, lay down the floodlight and pitch dimension requirements which are higher for clubs wanting to play in the top two divisions than in the league generally.  I don't see anything about minimum or maximum seating or standing capacity but that will be on each ground's safety certificate.  

From the link posted above:

Screenshot_20220208-000336_Drive.jpg.3d75cadd03e4b46dfa97f7171c86cfee.jpg

Just need them to get promoted now, and then grab a European spot for the following season, so we can see how they over paid Man City c***s like it playing at a windy Gayfield. 

Ps. does their ground qualify them for Champions league games?

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I trust this concludes the matter.

For fear of having @Monkey Tennis being nasty to me again, I now know what the criteria are, and that concludes the matter for me. Thank you. I only hope that my team are still in the Premiership next season so I can visit Gayfield  on league business. Come On You Red Lichties. 

8 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Just need them to get promoted now, and then grab a European spot for the following season, so we can see how they over paid Man City c***s like it playing at a windy Gayfield. 

Ps. does their ground qualify them for Champions league games?

Gold standard for Champions League.

It’s quite clear that for whatever reason Gayfield won’t be allowed in the top flight. This will mean that Arbroath decide to ground-share with newly relegated Dundee, meaning there will be premiership football at Dens, involving the part time team from down the road, which will be the most Dundee thing ever.

19 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

It’s quite clear that for whatever reason Gayfield won’t be allowed in the top flight. This will mean that Arbroath decide to ground-share with newly relegated Dundee, meaning there will be premiership football at Dens, involving the part time team from down the road, which will be the most Dundee thing ever.

You need to keep up.

24 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

meaning there will be premiership football at Dens, involving the part time team from down the road,

Its up the fucking road, jesus christ its bad enough trying to explain this stuff to my wife....................

200.gif

Its up the fucking road, jesus christ its bad enough trying to explain this stuff to my wife....................
200.gif

I’m going to pretend I was meaning height above sea level rather than compass direction as that normally annoys me too [emoji23]

32 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

200.gif

Not if you take the train. UK train lines are 'up' if they are heading towards London.  So you get the train 'down' from Euston to Inverness. 

It's no less annoying for being true.