Arbroath

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

They are. 

Was there ever any discussion of this when you lads in play offs few years ago? 

Gayfield would be everyone’s best away day in Prem hands down 

But we ain’t coming up.. I’ll never ever believe it. Even if we were 1-0 up on last day of season and sitting top it wouldn’t even seem real until the whistle blew for 90 minutes. Everything seems surreal right now 

52 minutes ago, Swello said:

I've only been to Gayfield twice - both for the same cup tie - and having never sampled the lower leagues, it would be dream come true to have a team/ground like that in the league...

I think that is the same exposure I have had, did we score from a flighted free kick from the half way line that ended as a rocket into the net with the wind?  I often wonder if I made that up to enhance my story of my trip to an abandoned match.

51 minutes ago, ropy said:

I think that is the same exposure I have had, did we score from a flighted free kick from the half way line that ended as a rocket into the net with the wind?  I often wonder if I made that up to enhance my story of my trip to an abandoned match.

Aye - a rare Deek Townsley goal -  think it was still the only game I've been to that was abandoned due to wind.

23 minutes ago, Swello said:

Aye - a rare Deek Townsley goal -  think it was still the only game I've been to that was abandoned due to wind.

Fighting outside the ground that led to the road being closed. The wind was bad that day but it had died down slightly by half time and we had the wind for the 2nd half and only 1-0 down 

Would be fantastic to have Dick Campbell in the top division.

Its a great story, but the step up and financial realities make it probable that (after a good start, maybe?) they would struggle and almost certainly be relegated next season.

10 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Fighting outside the ground that led to the road being closed. The wind was bad that day but it had died down slightly by half time and we had the wind for the 2nd half and only 1-0 down 

Aye - my three abiding memories of that day were the wind, the running battles and being delighted that I was offered Smokies in the pub before the game :) Can't remember much else as it was a long train day (and the type of cup trip that Motherwell hardly ever get).