Ayr United v St. Mirren (Scottish Cup Round 4, January 22nd 2022)

Near perfect cup scenario for us, we scored early, were 2 up before half time and were able to play the game out well within ourselves. Only one criticism, that we were a bit sloppy second half - a third goal and everyone could have left to get back to the pub! :guinness

As ever Ayr is a great away day - best o luck for the rest of the season lads!

Edit - See the Beeb are reporting the match attendance as 342 (missed a zero?) - I demand my licence fee back! 

Edited by btb

Railway end was bouncing whole game - fair play to the North bank boys for keeping it going.

Thought McAllister played as well as I've seen him for years - almost as if he knew it could be last chance saloon for him but totally showed he still has a part to play.

Who is the new signing Kiltie? Second game in a week he's been best player on the park. Seems to be relishing the opportunity now that McGrath is done.

Brings me on to Dennis. Sorry but just not good enough. Today was perfect opportunity for him but yet again has failed to show anything. I'd happily get rid of him, Erwin and Main, get some cash in for McGrath and hopefully get a couple of new signings in to kick on up the table.

Just now, Biscuits said:

Brings me on to Dennis. Sorry but just not good enough. Today was perfect opportunity for him but yet again has failed to show anything. I'd happily get rid of him, Erwin and Main, get some cash in for McGrath and hopefully get a couple of new signings in to kick on up the table.

I want to like Dennis. I really, really do. But he just hasn't taken the chances he's been given. TBH, while it's harsh to blame a guy for getting injured, pulling out before United was a big nail in his coffin for me. Just don't feel like we can depend on him.

I didn't see the game today - no sign of a stream anywhere - how did Greive look?

I want to like Dennis. I really, really do. But he just hasn't taken the chances he's been given. TBH, while it's harsh to blame a guy for getting injured, pulling out before United was a big nail in his coffin for me. Just don't feel like we can depend on him.
I didn't see the game today - no sign of a stream anywhere - how did Greive look?
Looked decent when he came on. Nice touch, won a few headers and worked hard. A work in progress though but definitely showing potential

St Mirren deserved the win here, looked composed on the ball and looked purposeful and professional in possession. Noisy support all game as well helped create a spectacle that Scottish cup games need.

Ayr had a decent spell for the first 5 minutes but once they got the first goal St Mirren looked comfortable. Took their 2nd goal well. 

Ayr looked more alive in attack 2nd half but I thought St Mirren created enough decent chances in the 2nd half to have deserved a 3rd goal, especially when you hit the bar.

Good luck in the next round. Kelty will more than likely give you a harder game in the next round than we did today.

Fully concur with all the other reports here.

We didn't lay a glove on saints. Goodwin has that team well-drilled and the big price was screaming out on the coupon.

The only positive I took was the lift that young brydon gave us when he came on. I think the crowd will get behind youngsters who are brought through, as opposed to journeymen shitebags who look like they don't care.

We were lucky to still be in the game late on but what happened when murdoch went through at the end? Looked certain to score and so I presumed it had to be a penalty. Never got a clear view though, so can't be certain. It would've been more than we deserved but could've made for an exciting last 5 minutes.

1 hour ago, Buddie Holly said:

i’ve been in a few dodgy pubs in my time but i sunk to a new low yesterday.we ended up in the central bar after the game.i thought we’d walked into the charge bar at ayr police station 😂

You should've come round the corner to the Ship Inn.