Ayr United v St. Mirren (Scottish Cup Round 4, January 22nd 2022)

49 minutes ago, North British said:

Off the ones you mentioned I’d say The Brig is the best . The other three are pretty basic but should be ok if filled with Saints fans . Five minutes down the river is the Ship Inn which is very decent . Also if you cross the old brig and hang left onto the high street you’ll find Tam O’Shanters , a wee gem of a place with a big outside area . Thistle fans make it their home , only five minutes from the train station ...Christina’s is another , just off the high street , behind Boots . Again five minutes from the station . 

Yeah Tam O'Shanters is a smashing pub, again it will probably be heaving post match.

10 hours ago, G_&_T said:

You got 986 against Albion Rovers, and I'd wager 100 of them came from Coatbridge. 

That was a bit of an outlier where there were mitigating circumstances. Namely, Jim Duffy suffocating the life out of our team with dreadful football. We have c. 1,300 season tickets and even they couldn't be bothered buying tickets for that cup game. As you say, I'd expect it should be between 3,500 to 4,000.

I think McGrath will have played his last game for us. I would like to see the same line-up, but wouldn't surprise me if he rings a couple changes.

Tait in for Fraser, McAllister in for Henderson, Dennis in for Brophy if he's got over his injury from Tuesday night.

If Dennis isn't fit, wouldn't surprise me to see Greive on from the start. Brophy was dead on his feet by the end at Tannadice so will be used sparingly today, I reckon.

Attacking line up that. Taking out the enforcer Power and sticking in Kyle is bold. He couldn’t tackle a fish supper.
Ethan is going to have to do a lot of running in the middle when we are out of possession.
Big game for Dennis. If he wants a new deal he needs goals soon, and this is his chance.

7 hours ago, North British said:

Christina’s is another , just off the high street , behind Boots . Again five minutes from the station . 

I miss Christina's. Will need to get in when I'm back over.

Anyway this will be an away win; the only thing is how Ayr approach it. Sitting in their own penalty box for 80 minutes is not going to do.

16 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I miss Christina's. Will need to get in when I'm back over.

Anyway this will be an away win; the only thing is how Ayr approach it. Sitting in their own penalty box for 80 minutes is not going to do.

It amazes me that Christinas does enough trade to stay open. It's a crackin wee pub though

2 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

It amazes me that Christinas does enough trade to stay open.

I honestly thought someone told me it had shut. Glad to hear it hasn't.

Anyway, useless shitebag defending from useless shitebags? What a totally new thing that nobody could have seen happening.