Ayr United v St. Mirren (Scottish Cup Round 4, January 22nd 2022)

5 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Don't know about the away end but at the home end your QR code is scanned in order to gain entry. 

It also gives off a different noise for OAP/ Child tickets as opposed to Adult.

I can't see why it would be different at the away end ??

I assume that was what was meant to happen but as it got closer to KO if they were just clicking folk through as the queue was huge.

6 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Don't know about the away end but at the home end your QR code is scanned in order to gain entry. 

It also gives off a different noise for OAP/ Child tickets as opposed to Adult.

I can't see why it would be different at the away end ??

Really disappointed that such a traditional old ground is using modernish technology like QR codes, only noise coming from the turnstile should be a click at Somerset Park and the steward asking you to take off the flat cap to check you really are under 16 for the child ticket  you just squeaked a request for. Best ground in Scotland. 

If I were a St Mirren fan I'd get the train to Wemyss Bay, quick pint in the Station Bar, 12 minute service bus to Largs then train to Ayr via Kilwinning with potential for another pit stop at the Alton Inn or Taylors in Kilwinning. We do a similar journey after Morton these days for a wee pub crawl. 

1 hour ago, Lola montez said:

Really disappointed that such a traditional old ground is using modernish technology like QR codes, only noise coming from the turnstile should be a click at Somerset Park and the steward asking you to take off the flat cap to check you really are under 16 for the child ticket  you just squeaked a request for. Best ground in Scotland. 

Ironically Love street was always my favourite, it was great when it was the original ground and even the new Away stand behind the goals probably added to it rather than diminished it.  Great for atmosphere, easy to reach from the town and a pre and post match shwalley in the wee barrel just rounded it all off.

A much missed venue.....

40 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

If I were a St Mirren fan I'd get the train to Wemyss Bay, quick pint in the Station Bar, 12 minute service bus to Largs then train to Ayr via Kilwinning with potential for another pit stop at the Alton Inn or Taylors in Kilwinning. We do a similar journey after Morton these days for a wee pub crawl. 

how long would that journey take?

6 hours ago, WATTOO said:

The Monkton roundabout was closed last Saturday which was also an utter nightmare, I just hope to Christ that it's been resurfaced and reopened for this weekend otherwise it will be utter carnage !!!

I drove past on monday and couldn't see any difference.

1 hour ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Erm....naw.

40 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

I drove past on monday and couldn't see any difference.

I think it was the short bit of carriageway between the 2 roundabouts that they were doing. It certainly needed it as was full of potholes and half the road worn away.

52 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

£18 ppv yes you read that right £18 for ppv. 

That's the cost to see the match tbf, you don't get a discount cause you canny be bothered going. 

2 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Aye, haud on and I'll just stop in at Elgin and Dumfries on the way past.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

That's the cost to see the match tbf, you don't get a discount cause you canny be bothered going. 

Mate I do ppv most away games. NO club in the premiership charge gate prices. Most premiership clubs are no more than £12 and these streams are very good quality  Ross County and Livingston are the most expensive  but not £18. £18 from a championship club is a complete rip-off.  Unfortunately as its the Scottish cup mugs like me will pay it. 

13 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Mate I do ppv most away games. NO club in the premiership charge gate prices. Most premiership clubs are no more than £12 and these streams are very good quality  Ross County and Livingston are the most expensive  but not £18. £18 from a championship club is a complete rip-off.  Unfortunately as its the Scottish cup mugs like me will pay it. 

It's irrelevant what other clubs charge, we have decided that there is one (adult) charge for the event as a whole.  You can say it's expensive but it's not a rip off, everyone watching is paying the same regardless of how.