Ayr United v St. Mirren (Scottish Cup Round 4, January 22nd 2022)

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

At the derby in october they weren't even looking at the ticket. Turnstiles arent great when a big crowd closer you get to kick off so I'd get there sharp. 

Having been bitten a few years back with 1 turnstyle open and many getting in late, I certainly will.

11 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Do Ayr have a PPV TV Option?

Their Twitter feed states they're waiting to hear back from the SFA about that. 😆

The cynic in me suggests they're trying to sell as many tickets as possible first, before making that an option. 

4 hours ago, G_&_T said:

To be fair most grounds I visit now have QR code scanners. Nobody looks at the actual ticket - the stewards are there to advise and ensure folk don't try and sneak in or use a kids' ticket (there's usually a sort of traffic light system, which identifies when concessions are used). 

Unsure whether to go to this game, the Morton one or the Thistle/Airdrie one.  🤔

They defo had none of the above at Somerset in October 

12 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

They defo had none of the above at Somerset in October 

Don't know about the away end but at the home end your QR code is scanned in order to gain entry. 

It also gives off a different noise for OAP/ Child tickets as opposed to Adult.

I can't see why it would be different at the away end ??

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Don't know about the away end but at the home end your QR code is scanned in order to gain entry. 

It also gives off a different noise for OAP/ Child tickets as opposed to Adult.

I can't see why it would be different at the away end ??

Aye I'd just assumed it was same at both ends. 

Looking forward to this one, sharing a train with the United fans should be good fun after Tuesday.
Biggest game of the season so far for us, IMO.
After the disappointment of going out at Livi in the League Cup we could really do with a run in the Scottish. Going out at the first hurdle is a nightmare scenario.
Since Jim came in we have got a pretty good record against teams from the lower leagues. Played 13 and lost one, and that was against Dunfermline when he was just a few weeks into the job.
I guess we will stick with the 11 that won at Tannadice
Alnwick
Fraser-Shaughnessy-Dunne-Tanser
Erhahon-Power
Henderson-Kiltie-Ronan
Brophy
Would normally take a replay in a tie like this, but that option is off the table, so the home draw is an even bigger advantage than it would normally be.
Any kind of win will do, we just need to get into the next round.
I’ll go for us winning 6-5 on penalties after a late Jack Baird OG gives us a 1-1 draw.
How’s Baird been by the way? Always quite liked him at Saints but was just a bit short of top flight standard.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

And in news just in....car crash in a tunnel in Paris....and some ship has hit an iceberg....

I was trying to help. I saw that on Twitter and thought I would post it here in case anyone found it useful. Why take the trouble to type out an abrasive reply to someone trying to help? 

Kind of dreading this now after Saturday's result, and the fact we've no new faces this week. Hopefully Bullen experiments and the players have a bit of freedom to show what they can (maybe) do. Unfortunately I'm predicting an easy 2/3-0 victory for St Mirren!

13 hours ago, G_&_T said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/scotrail-confirm-travel-disruption-football-25995448

Screenshot_20220119-234719_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4f50db85fe5078baa15ac98f57f4d3bc.jpg

I think I'll give this one a miss. I'd get your club's buses if I was you, though. 

The Monkton roundabout was closed last Saturday which was also an utter nightmare, I just hope to Christ that it's been resurfaced and reopened for this weekend otherwise it will be utter carnage !!!

47 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Kind of dreading this now after Saturday's result, and the fact we've no new faces this week. Hopefully Bullen experiments and the players have a bit of freedom to show what they can (maybe) do. Unfortunately I'm predicting an easy 2/3-0 victory for St Mirren!

We've nothing to lose, so surely has to go with O'Connor, Adeloye and Gondoh and at least TRY and attack and score a goal or two !!

We might get crucified at the back but if we sit back and submissively let St Mirren pummel us then we'll be crucified just the same.....

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

It’s a free hit for us - just glad to be back on the terracing with a good support and a cracking cup atmosphere

I love your ground! I agree with the bods on A View From The Terrace, it's probably one of the best in Scotland for atmosphere. I was hoping we got you or Morton away. Rumour is we could be bringing around 2,000 if we all manage to get there. Absolutely buzzing. Let's hope it's a good game. :)