Ayr United v St. Mirren (Scottish Cup Round 4, January 22nd 2022)

Tickets for this go on sale on Monday. Prices yet unknown, but it has been suggested that we may take around 2,000 and it's fair to say the pubs in Ayr will do a roaring trade. 

It will be interesting to see how Ayr fare tomorrow against Morton, given a seemingly unlikely victory over Arbroath. Was that just a 'bounce' after appointing a new manager? Even if it was, it will have raised morale in the dressing room and given the players a bit of confidence.

Of course we're away to Dundee Utd on Tuesday, and that will be a tough test. There have been murmurs that Goodwin's jacket's hanging on a shoogly peg, given we have only won three in the league, but that's nonsense IMHO. Short of a really, really barren run, Goodwin's job's safe until the end of the season at least. We have no right to expect a top-six finish, indeed given our resources finishing tenth is reasonable. 

Prediction: 2-1 Saints. :) 

Goal scorers: McGrath (pen), Shaughnessy & Adeloye

Attendance: 4,363 

Ayr took a shock early lead after they broke following a St Mirren attack, the ball being threaded through to Adeloye whose composed finish gave Alnwick no chance. Despite the Saints' pressure that's how it remained at half-time. However in the second half it was all Saint Mirren as the top-tier team sought an equaliser, and were rewarded for their efforts when a reckless challenge inside the box gave the referee no option but to award St Mirren a penalty, and up stepped Jamie McGrath to level the tie. St Mirren continued to press Ayr and with just four minutes remaining, a fine headed effort from Shaugnessy was enough to beat McAdams at his near post, sparking wild celebrations from the 2,000 strong travelling support.

6 minutes ago, Death in Vegas said:

What a way to celebrate the restrictions getting lifted than to iron out some
poor defenceless buddie up the top of the town.

If hope you're not suggesting what I think you are...

Tickets for this go on sale on Monday. Prices yet unknown, but it has been suggested that we may take around 2,000 and it's fair to say the pubs in Ayr will do a roaring trade. 
It will be interesting to see how Ayr fare tomorrow against Morton, given a seemingly unlikely victory over Arbroath. Was that just a 'bounce' after appointing a new manager? Even if it was, it will have raised morale in the dressing room and given the players a bit of confidence.
Of course we're away to Dundee Utd on Tuesday, and that will be a tough test. There have been murmurs that Goodwin's jacket's hanging on a shoogly peg, given we have only won three in the league, but that's nonsense IMHO. Short of a really, really barren run, Goodwin's job's safe until the end of the season at least. We have no right to expect a top-six finish, indeed given our resources finishing tenth is reasonable. 

Prediction: 2-1 Saints. [emoji4] 
Goal scorers: McGrath (pen), Shaughnessy & Adeloye
Attendance: 4,363 
Ayr took a shock early lead after they broke following a St Mirren attack, the ball being threaded through to Adeloye whose composed finish gave Alnwick no chance. Despite the Saints' pressure that's how it remained at half-time. However in the second half it was all Saint Mirren as the top-tier team sought an equaliser, and were rewarded for their efforts when a reckless challenge inside the box gave the referee no option but to award St Mirren a penalty, and up stepped Jamie McGrath to level the tie. St Mirren continued to press Ayr and with just four minutes remaining, a fine headed effort from Shaugnessy was enough to beat McAdams at his near post, sparking wild celebrations from the 2,000 strong travelling support.

Unless the SD and table service only restrictions go before next Saturday (extremely unlikely) then it's going to be a hell of a scramble to get a table. I honestly don't see anywhere near 2k travelling (happy to be wrong) with the pub restrictions and the train service disruption. Of our normal group only 4 out of 11 or 12 that would normally always go for an away day like this are even considering it.

It’s a shame that the trains will probably put off loads of St Mirren fans from coming down the road.

The works on that section of track have been “ongoing” off and on for over a decade. Happens every year for several weeks at a time. I’d love to ask Network Rail what the f**k they’ve been doing.

It’s a shame that the trains will probably put off loads of St Mirren fans from coming down the road.
The works on that section of track have been “ongoing” off and on for over a decade. Happens every year for several weeks at a time. I’d love to ask Network Rail what the f**k they’ve been doing.
Yes it's been ever Jan into Feb at weekends for absolutely years, ridiculous really.

31 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Aye I could almost understand if they were shutting different parts of the line at this time each year. But it's always that's stretch. Makes no sense. 

47 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Can tickets be purchased for away fans at the stadium last minute decision for me.

If you make a last minute decision to go just purchase a ticket on your phone or PC before you leave the house.

I did it on my phone this morning, only took 5 minutes.

4 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Indeed, when we won 2-0 five years ago there was a replacement bus between Paisley and Kilwinning.

10 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Indeed, when we won 2-0 five years ago there was a replacement bus between Paisley and Kilwinning.

Shocking service! I will be getting the train from Barrhead to Ayr, via Kilmarnock.

46 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

There is only 2 trains from Ayr back to Kilmarnock. 

5-30 or 8-30

Thanks, Tam. Aye, I'm not staying out and reckon I'll make the 17:30 train after the game. If it goes to extra-time and pens, then I will have to get the 20:30 train, so will stay out for a bit. I take it you're opting for a supporters' bus? The other alternative is to do the 90+ min journey using the alternative service being laid on by Scot Rail, take a coach from Buchanan Street Bus Station, or get someone to drive. To me train fae Barrhead looks the best bet.

Edited by AlbionSaint

On 15/01/2022 at 03:23, AlbionSaint said:

Away tickets going well already into 4 figures