Annan Vs Forfar -

Guest mr_malcolm
You mean "Marc Mahallum"? Worst commentator i've ever heard, what even was that I was listening to!? [emoji23]

Ball falls to harkins . “ there’s no one better forfar would have wanted it to fall to in the box “

Aye the prolific goal scorer harkins

1 minute ago, mr_malcolm said:

Ball falls to harkins . “ there’s no one better forfar would have wanted it to fall to in the box “

Aye the prolific goal scorer harkins

Listening to him this current Annan lot would give the 80's Liverpool teams a game. 

That's three games on the trot Harkins has played 80 minutes, sure the first time you could sympathise because of COVID and short of players but even from a purely analytical stance what is it that Harkins offers to the team that someone else doesn't.

He's now played as a striker, a winger, a number 10 and a central midfielder, and has been equally ineffective at all positions. 

Shepherd is nowhere near good enough.

Yet he was 10x better than Matty today, Shepherd ran the channels really well but he just has no technique to kick a ball, it's like a child trying to kick it. Despite that he's a better option than Matty as he gets it up the pitch, Matty just loses everything, can't compete physically and isn't sharp to anything.

That's three games on the trot Harkins has played 80 minutes, sure the first time you could sympathise because of COVID and short of players but even from a purely analytical stance what is it that Harkins offers to the team that someone else doesn't.
He's now played as a striker, a winger, a number 10 and a central midfielder, and has been equally ineffective at all positions. 
Yeah, Harkins is done, we had Moore and Thomas back today, why did neither of them start?

Why didn't Grant Anderson start? He scores goals yet rarely starts, he's better than cul-de-sac Crossan

12 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Yet he was 10x better than Matty today, Shepherd ran the channels really well but he just has no technique to kick a ball, it's like a child trying to kick it. Despite that he's a better option than Matty as he gets it up the pitch, Matty just loses everything, can't compete physically and isn't sharp to anything.

Can't agree, Aitken did ok first half, held it up well and had some nice touches. More chance of Aitken netting chances than Shepherd. I'd have Aitken over Shepherd all day long. All about opinions though.

10 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Yeah, Harkins is done, we had Moore and Thomas back today, why did neither of them start?

Why didn't Grant Anderson start? He scores goals yet rarely starts, he's better than cul-de-sac Crossan

This I agree. Thomas and Anderson were excellent 2nd half last week and turned the game for us, so strange they didn't start. It's clear now McCluskey can't play on the right, he either has to be through the middle or cutting in off the left. Thomson is a big loss to us.

Just back from game would agree Forfar certainly the best team we’ve played this season!
Would imagine that they would be disappointed with result!

However Annan unbeaten run goes on and at least we managed to score against Forfar 

for the first time this season!

This I agree. Thomas and Anderson were excellent 2nd half last week and turned the game for us, so strange they didn't start. It's clear now McCluskey can't play on the right, he either has to be through the middle or cutting in off the left. Thomson is a big loss to us.
Fair enough, I don't think Matty had a good game but agree he is a bigger goal threat than Shepherd. Ideally we need another striker in.

Yeah, don't see the reasoning behind playing Crossan over Anderson, one offers something the other doesn't. I'd agree, I'd have McCluskey left and Anderson right until Thomson is back

Guest mr_malcolm
Listening to him this current Annan lot would give the 80's Liverpool teams a game. 

Forfar look happy with the point . He says as Annan have 10 men in their own half . f**k knows what game they were watching

3 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Shepherd has next to no technical ability but his hold up play and pressing has been crucial this season. He’s been far better than Mattty despite the lack of end product 

Guest mr_malcolm
Fair enough, I don't think Matty had a good game but agree he is a bigger goal threat than Shepherd. Ideally we need another striker in.

Yeah, don't see the reasoning behind playing Crossan over Anderson, one offers something the other doesn't. I'd agree, I'd have McCluskey left and Anderson right until Thomson is back

Forgot about Thomson . How long is he out for ?

.Really enjoyed the game today - a draw a fair result.

Almost sure the first goal was a a handball before that guy smashed it in the net.

Bit of a p***k wi his celebration - has he never scored a goal before ?

No getting ahead of myself but looks like a very close play off scenario

Guest mr_malcolm
.Really enjoyed the game today - a draw a fair result.
Almost sure the first goal was a a handball before that guy smashed it in the net.

Bit of a p***k wi his celebration - has he never scored a goal before ?
No getting ahead of myself but looks like a very close play off scenario

Usually scores with his heid. That was a thunder b*****d by his standards

Thought a draw was a fair result but either side could have snatched a winner. Forfar played better yesterday than they did when they won at start of season.

Munro played like a pantomime villain. Take it he doesn't score many?

What happened to the lad stretchered off? Looked like a sore one - collar bone / shoulder,?

55 minutes ago, Hauftimedraw said:

Big Andy has scored a few goals this season so far and will likely score a few more but he rarely scores with a kick, the vast majority are headers won at corner kicks. That was quite a strike for a centre half, Munro is simply a very enthusiastic player

Guest mr_malcolm
Thought a draw was a fair result but either side could have snatched a winner. Forfar played better yesterday than they did when they won at start of season.

What happened to the lad stretchered off? Looked like a sore one - collar bone / shoulder,?

Dislocated shoulder apparently