Dundee Utd v St Mirren 18/02/22

The first half reminds of a game at Paisley a few years back when we were both in the Championship.  Every time St Mirren got the ball they knew exactly what they wanted to do and went forward with ease, we looked clueless and needed ten touches to get the ball into the opposing half.

1 minute ago, thomas said:

Said minutes after praising Mulgrew for going down untouched, just playing the game apparently.

Aye, and after Henderson could have gone down in the box...

I had to mute that pair of clowns. This has been our best performance for some time, though. Moved it about nicely, and it's been a pretty entertaining half.

The ref is dogshit, mind. Not just the disallowed goal: that was arguably a handball then a foul by Dunne on the edge of our box, and I'd like a closer look at Fuchs' challenge on Brophy at the end there.

Still, vast, vast improvement on anything I've seen from us recently. 

Decent goal from St Mirren to take the lead. United looking a bit disjointed and not capable of getting through the midfield. 

Would take Neilson off for Freeman second half just to have a bit more direct energy on the right. 

Feel United are capable of a goal here but it's whether St Mirren get another will be the bigger issue. 

Watching this game at home with my dad.

Having few beers, and trying to outdo each other on the strength of tint on our Black and White specs.

But the United commentators making us look like completely impartial neutrals.

My favourite at hald time was "It's watching one team try to attack and another tying to see it out with 8 men behind the ball".

Quality stuff lads.

2 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Who are the two muppets on Utd TV. Moan, moan, moan ,moan. Think they will be greetin before the 90 mins are up.

I'm really wanting a 2nd from us for their reaction as much as anything else.

Ditching the 3-6-2-1 for a formation that actually suits our players [emoji7][emoji7]

A formation with 13 players on the pitch would certainly be worth trying…

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

Decent goal from St Mirren to take the lead. United looking a bit disjointed and not capable of getting through the midfield. 

Would take Neilson off for Freeman second half just to have a bit more direct energy on the right. 

Feel United are capable of a goal here but it's whether St Mirren get another will be the bigger issue. 

Freeman has been poor the last couple of games he played but he definitely offers more going forward and could overlap Pawlett and/or encourage Pawlett to play further infield where he’s been most effective this game.

Those commentators are murder, got caught out expecting Henderson to take a dive and he didn’t and everything is against Utd. 
We are playing really well, good going forward and tight at the back so far, more of this please and Hendo is justifying his place after a good display against the green cheeks. 

2 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Who are the two muppets on Utd TV. Moan, moan, moan ,moan. Think they will be greetin before the 90 mins are up.

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

I had to mute that pair of clowns. This has been our best performance for some time, though. Moved it about nicely, and it's been a pretty entertaining half.

The ref is dogshit, mind. Not just the disallowed goal: that was arguably a handball then a foul by Dunne on the edge of our box, and I'd like a closer look at Fuchs' challenge on Brophy at the end there.

Still, vast, vast improvement on anything I've seen from us recently. 

They're hysterical. Have kept me entertained throughout the game, talking absolute pish. 

They've given me a brilliant idea! I reckon we should do a choice of commentary. You can have the professional commentary tem, or Tam and Gus who've been bevvying in the Tile Bar since opening time.  

6 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

We already have...

Trying to remember when we had perfectly good goals chopped off 3 games in a row at the start of the season.

One was against Celtic, once St J - was the other in the 0-0 draw with United?