Dundee Utd v St Mirren 18/02/22

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Nah f**k that. Let's not forget the goal we scored against them earlier in the season which was wrongly ruled out.

Tend to agree with that attitude.  Refereeing decisions will tend to even out between teams like ours.  The ref didn't leave our attacking right back, form midfielder and new league top scorer on the bench.

20 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think on balance, United were marginally more hard done-to by the ref last night. Power's handball was absolutely a handball, and though the offside goal decision was slightly unfair, I can kinda see why it was given. I would still like to see Fuchs' challenge on Brophy (I think) in the box again, but our players didn't really complain about it so I'm assuming there wasn't much in it. Overall I think they United can feel slightly aggrieved.

We’ve been on the end of some horrible refereeing decisions at tannadice in recent years.

Plus we haven’t had many breaks this season. So I’m more than happy to take any lucky breaks that come our way. 

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think on balance, United were marginally more hard done-to by the ref last night. Power's handball was absolutely a handball, and though the offside goal decision was slightly unfair, I can kinda see why it was given. I would still like to see Fuchs' challenge on Brophy (I think) in the box again, but our players didn't really complain about it so I'm assuming there wasn't much in it. Overall I think they United can feel slightly aggrieved.

In the BBC highlights, the commentator says something like Fuchs marginally got the ball, and that's what saved him.  Err, coming through a player and eventually getting a touch on the ball is still a foul.

The DUTV commentators thought it was a foul for United.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

I felt hard-done-to, but more by the set up and effort of our team than the referee, who was abysmal. Looking at highlights from various teams and matches, it seems fans are quick to blame the referee for specific decisions, rather than their own sides' deficiencies: refer you all to the Dons/Sevco game last night as an example, where both sets of supporters felt Clancy made terrible decisions which cost them the points.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Nah f**k that. Let's not forget the goal we scored against them earlier in the season which was wrongly ruled out.

I was suggesting above we shouldn't be blaming the referee, but I'll agree with you from that game, United should have had a penalty and young Dylan Reid sent off for the season limiting injury to Liam Smith. 

See, blaming the referee is easy 😃

It is what it is. Several games this season we had good goals chalked off resulting in draws instead of wins.

We don't have var and even then some ludicrous decisions are made.

We were the better team on the night and deserved the 3 points. Don't think either team can claim the ref influenced the final outcome. The managers and players did that.

3 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

It is what it is. Several games this season we had good goals chalked off resulting in draws instead of wins.

We don't have var and even then some ludicrous decisions are made.

We were the better team on the night and deserved the 3 points. Don't think either team can claim the ref influenced the final outcome. The managers and players did that.

Agree with the final part, and against my better judgement 'greenied' you, even although you used 'it is what it is' as an opening, only starting a sentence with 'So' rates higher on my list of written or verbal detestations.

56 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Buddie Holly said:
one of the sportscene pundits-micheal stewart maybe-hit the nail on the head when he said st mirren  had a couple of lucky moments but they were not lucky to win

Richard Foster that was

i had a 50/50 and got it wrong 🤣

4 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Agree with the final part, and against my better judgement 'greenied' you, even although you used 'it is what it is' as an opening, only starting a sentence with 'So' rates higher on my list of written or verbal detestations.

I greenied you back to help calm your distress.

I don't usually use that term however with so many commenting on the decisions it was a wee act of frustration but I am tranquil again.

8 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

In the BBC highlights, the commentator says something like Fuchs marginally got the ball, and that's what saved him.  Err, coming through a player and eventually getting a touch on the ball is still a foul.

The DUTV commentators thought everything was a foul for United.

FTFY