Dundee Utd v St Mirren 18/02/22

McGrath getting dismissed a lot tonight but the big difference in the team was the change of formation and playing through the midfield for once. If we had been playing that way in the first half of the season we would have seen a lot more of McGrath.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Best bit from the commentary team “five minutes additional time, it could be double that”.

You're old enough to remember the game at Love St in 1986. The main commentator tonight also sounded as if he was old enough.

It's 0-0 going into added time.

McAlpine to Narey to Hegarty back to McAlpine. McAlpine to Malpas to Narey to McAlpine.

Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

McAlpine then kicks McGarvey, Speirs scores the penalty, we win 1-0.

The point is every team tries to kill the game when they're holding out for a result. Some more successfully than others. 8)

People say it was Schmeichel and the Danish defenders which ushered in the backpass rule. I believe it was DU's defence.

48 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Commentary team only beaten in their shitness by the ineptitude of the referee and his linesmen.

Proper shite result for United against a team that's not been doing so great yet our record speaks volumes too. 

Courts doesn't look like he knows how to get the team playing effectively atm and I would think he's only got one or two more games left before he's out. 

As much as Courts was the cheap, lazy and left field choice out of all the "interviews" that definitely took place and weren't just all made up, there's no way he's not getting the season at absolute minimum. 

Tony and pals won't admit its been a mistake and they wouldn't want to be seen to be punting a manager so early in his tenure so soon after splashing huge dosh on Scotlands highest scorer.

1 point from the last 7 games is brutal and potential relegation form. Not saying we'll go down but as the club stated at the start of the season, its top 6 minimum.

We are going through a horrendous patch and the manager should be given time to attempt to turn it round. Imo, if we're floundering in the bottom 6 mid February then he's got to go, especially going by what the club have said about targets.

Id expect / hope to see another signing or two, ideally a wide player and a creative midfielder come in. Or let the Champions League standard youths loose instead of the players whove been poor for weeks and weeks.

You're old enough to remember the game at Love St in 1986. The main commentator tonight also sounded as if he was old enough.
McAlpine to Narey to Hegarty back to McAlpine. McAlpine to Malpas to Narey to McAlpine.
Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.
The point is every team tries to kill the game when they're holding out for a result. Some more successfully than others. 8)
People say it was Schmeichel and the Danish defenders which ushered in the backpass rule. I believe it was DU's defence.
Remember it like yesterday from the North Bank. A proper Scottish football WTAF moment

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
13 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:
Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Remember it like yesterday from the North Bank. A proper Scottish football WTAF moment

I struggle to remember yesterday.  :(

Back in from the game. That first half was pathetic. We have been, to put it mildly, absolute shit since the Hearts loss. There has been a very obvious change of tactics, and every game since then has been slow, one paced, sidways and back passing with all the drive, agression & desire of a half assed training session.

From being 3 points off 1st we are now 7th 11 off 3rd and our 6th or 7th straight loss, to be fair its 4 pts out of 30 now.

Courts has to take responsibility and stop trying to play too safe, we have stopped closing down, and stopped trying to play at pace, we are visibly a far, FAR better team when we move quicker.

Today , the 1st half was up with the Celtic game in absolutely embarrassing performances and simply not acceptable.

We finished the game how we should have started, and how on earth did it take 67minutes for Freeman to be introduced?? He was probably United's MOTM!

Edited by Tannadeechee
incompetent typing

5 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

No coincidence that Gregg Kiltie had his best game for us with McGrath not in the team. More of the same on Saturday at Ayr please.

I expect we should hear some news about McGraths imminent departure in the next few days.

Kiltie was excellent. His performance deserved for that goal to stand.

He linked up really well with Ronan who had a similarly good game being played in a slightly newer wide role.

As crap as we were I think we could have sneaked a draw in the last 15 minutes though it would have been undeserved.

Courts must learn from this, including working out who is and is not really interested in playing.

Got to say, for all the banter regarding how Courts talks in the media - when he first came in, it sounded like he was presenting a powerpoint to lower management than discussing a game of football - I thought he came across as very fair in his post match interview.

16 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Just saw the offside again, especially from behind the goal...WTF???

Yeah that's the angle that really showed Siegrist had a full unimpeded view of the shot. Pure guesswork from an assistant 35 yards away and side on with no depth perception on player's position left or right of the keeper from there.

Goodwin seems "happy" with the offside, if you listen to his post match comments.

I only saw it from one side, the worst angle, so really can't say. I thought it was offside because it took a deflection off Brophy, but again.. I saw it from a bad angle.

I think on balance, United were marginally more hard done-to by the ref last night. Power's handball was absolutely a handball, and though the offside goal decision was slightly unfair, I can kinda see why it was given. I would still like to see Fuchs' challenge on Brophy (I think) in the box again, but our players didn't really complain about it so I'm assuming there wasn't much in it. Overall I think they United can feel slightly aggrieved.

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think on balance, United were marginally more hard done-to by the ref last night. Power's handball was absolutely a handball, and though the offside goal decision was slightly unfair, I can kinda see why it was given. I would still like to see Fuchs' challenge on Brophy (I think) in the box again, but our players didn't really complain about it so I'm assuming there wasn't much in it. Overall I think they United can feel slightly aggrieved.

Nah fuck that. Let's not forget the goal we scored against them earlier in the season which was wrongly ruled out.