Dundee Utd v St Mirren 18/02/22

Tonight's scoreline from Tannadice:

St Mirren 2 (cracking goals, Henderson, Brophy) Dundee United 1 (own goal, Power)

Dundee United TV: "Well, I wouldn't want to watch football like this every week".

Their seethe made the win all the sweeter tbh. Dundee Utd were fucking shite and fully deserved the zero points they got.

6 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Tonight's scoreline from Tannadice:

St Mirren 2 (cracking goals, Henderson, Brophy) Dundee United 1 (own goal, Power)

Dundee United TV: "Well, I wouldn't want to watch football like this every week".

Would you want to watch your team get horsed by St Mirren every week?*

*I am fully aware that a) you are a St Mirren fan, and b) the commentators were a fucking embarrassment

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

The comforting thing is we looked much better without McGrath, Brophy makes a huge difference up front though. 

Think that was more to do with the back 4 and Brophy being back, but I take your point. I thought Kiltie was good and looks a natural replacement for McGrath. 

Commentary team only beaten in their shitness by the ineptitude of the referee and his linesmen.

Proper shite result for United against a team that's not been doing so great yet our record speaks volumes too. 

Courts doesn't look like he knows how to get the team playing effectively atm and I would think he's only got one or two more games left before he's out. 

Without exaggeration,  those commentators made what was in normal circumstances a very satisfying win, even sweeter.
If I heard two St. Mirren supporters near me going on like that at a game I'd tell them to fucking shut up.
Aye I get the "fans with microphones" bit however that was utterly embarrassing from Jack & Victor there. I honestly don't know how any Utd fan can listen to that rose tinted keich. No praise at all for anything by the opposition and every single Utd error was somehow bad refereeing, Saints cheating or if all else failed just bad luck. Absolutely wallopers who made the 3 points doubly sweet.

Would you want to watch your team get horsed by St Mirren every week?*

*I am fully aware that a) you are a St Mirren fan, and b) the commentators were a fucking embarrassment
For St Mirren insert Motherwell, Livi, Ross County, Hibs etc etc, we are just the latest in a growing list.

4 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Think that was more to do with the back 4 and Brophy being back, but I take your point. I thought Kiltie was good and looks a natural replacement for McGrath. 

Aye, a few contributing factors definitely but we know we can move on.

Henderson was electric,  him and Kiltie running at the defence, getting in behind Mulgrew all night long and the high pressing is exactly what we have needed. 

Some energy and creativity. We picked United off with ease at times. Should have been out of sight. Especially if that goal stood I the 1st half.

Don't want to be too critical and negative but Dunne just doesn't fill me with confidence. 

Aye, a few contributing factors definitely but we know we can move on.
Henderson was electric,  him and Kiltie running at the defence, getting in behind Mulgrew all night long and the high pressing is exactly what we have needed. 
Some energy and creativity. We picked United off with ease at times. Should have been out of sight. Especially if that goal stood I the 1st half.
Don't want to be too critical and negative but Dunne just doesn't fill me with confidence. 

I thought the team looked far more balanced tonight, and it was nice to feel like there were options on the bench that wouldn’t be square pegs in round holes.

My hope is McCarthy comes in for Dunne when fit, in which case the balance and squad depth looks even better.