Dundee Utd v St Mirren 18/02/22

United must be favourites at home but we live and hope. If we are going with the current squad with no new additions and play three at the back then I can't see Saints winning this.  Rumblings from some Saints fans wanting Goodwin out.  Goodwin had us playing some great football last season. If he can get the right players in then all will be good. Problem is budget and size of our current squad will need to be reduced . Hopefully a good game. Can this be watched on ppv ? 

35 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

....I hope tf Beaton's not the referee again.

In case you forgot Cheatin Beaton did everything he could to try to get United promoted in the playoff game at SMP.

Dodgy penalty, not sending off Connolly, sending off Nazon....at Ft he was gutted.

19 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

In case you forgot Cheatin Beaton did everything he could to try to get United promoted in the playoff game at SMP.

Dodgy penalty, not sending off Connolly, sending off Nazon....at Ft he was gutted.

I referred to Beaton as useless, not a cheat. He was useless in the play off game too. Sending off Connolly would have helped us.

Enthusiasm fairly low for this one? I feel like it's taken ages to come around, and now it's here I don't feel that fussed. Hoping I can get a decent stream for it but won't hold my breath.

I've also no clue who we have got fit and available. Word is Brophy might be back. I hope Erhahon is too. I want to see a return to the 3-6-1 that saw us pick up our only three wins of the campaign.

I just hope all our new signings have had enough time to gel.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Enthusiasm fairly low for this one? I feel like it's taken ages to come around, and now it's here I don't feel that fussed. Hoping I can get a decent stream for it but won't hold my breath.

I've also no clue who we have got fit and available. Word is Brophy might be back. I hope Erhahon is too. I want to see a return to the 3-6-1 that saw us pick up our only three wins of the campaign.

I just hope all our new signings have had enough time to gel.

Are SM fans in general down on the campaign so far? Win today and Livi ties or loses and you're only three points out of seventh, which isn't horrible, but I'll fully admit I haven't seen SM much this year.

47 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Are SM fans in general down on the campaign so far? Win today and Livi ties or loses and you're only three points out of seventh, which isn't horrible, but I'll fully admit I haven't seen SM much this year.

Our performances have been very poor and we're on an 11-game winless streak. The manager has persisted with a system and tactics that very few people are convinced by, and we continue to struggle to score goals. Plus, last year our defence was quite tight, but this year we've seen players repeatedly played out of position and our defence has suffered as a result.

It's a damning indictment of the quality of the league that we're not worse off, tbh. But this is always the way in the Scottish top flight - if any team in the lower order can string a few good results together, then they can invariably climb the league quite easily. Whether we can find the goals to do that remains to be seen.

Neilson Edwards Mulgrew McMann 
      Fuchs     Levitt    Harkes
Niskanen    McNulty    Pawlett
Would be my guess for tonight's line up for United. 
Bold move not bothering with a keeper. I suppose that's the Curtis Main effect sadly. [emoji1787]