Everyone’s Other Favourite Team - HMFC v St Johnstone

6 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Should be an easy 3 points for the boys from Gorgie and a great chance to improve your goal difference.
Double shin guards tonight just in case Cifti is feeling peckish. Come on Hearts.

As long as he keeps that just for Souttar. 😏

12 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I'd really love May and Ciftci to hit the ground running. It's the nostalgic strike partnership of my dreams.

Ah yes, the two tyro superstars of a very recent Scottish Cup final, sharing a pitch again after losing absolutely none of their respective powers in the brief interim. Every opposing defender's nightmare, surely.

8 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

No Eetu either. If we get Rudden, I'd be surprised if we see him again.

I'd be surprised if Vertainen played for us again while Davidson is manager regardless of any other strikers being signed.

16 minutes ago, derek_holmes said:

Ah yes, the two tyro superstars of a very recent Scottish Cup final, sharing a pitch again after losing absolutely none of their respective powers in the brief interim. Every opposing defender's nightmare, surely.

8 years ago is very much not recent in terms of a footballer's career, but don't let me burst your bubble. I'll let them do that.

11 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

8 years ago is very much not recent in terms of a footballer's career, but don't let me burst your bubble. I'll let them do that.

Think your ironyometer is jiggered, mate.

Thank you.

17 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Good of Hearts keeping Souttar match sharp with the Old firm derby coming up. 

keeping souter to the bitter end is exactly what i want,worried that aberdeen take all three points tonight because if that happens we can expect rangers to be chappin on hearts door first thing tomorrow begging for an immediate release for souter.Hope we tell them to GTF. in that case we are not strapped for cash.

We've not been outstanding but my enjoyment watching us is improved because of Ciftci. 

A step above our other attacking options IMO, although he can't be missing sitters like he did.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We've not been outstanding but my enjoyment watching us is improved because of Ciftci. 

A step above our other attacking options IMO, although he can't be missing sitters like he did.

Agreed.

Refreshing to see a striker actually move and even take a shot at goal 😱

Cifti has been sublime. Head and shoulders above any other attacker we have. Compare and contrast to Stevie May alongside him, who looks like he could be a player until the ball goes anywhere near him.

Booth and MacPherson have had good games down the right for us as well, both trying to be very positive on the ball.

We are trying to play far more, it's much better to watch. A lot of that is down to Cifti going wherever he wants to get on the ball.

We still look disjointed around the opposition box, but at least we're getting into that area at times compared to the previous 10 matches or so.

Far from perfect, and hearts are cutting us open through the middle a few times, but certainly an improvement so far.

Still along way from the finished article but much better and unbelievably we've actually made a few chances. Can only echo everyone else's comments about Ciftci: looks a class above what we have.

Midfield could do with a bit more running but Butterfields done the simple things well and MacPherson looks a bit more comfortable further forward even if he does switch off a few times.

Would like to see Kane on for May soon.