Everyone’s Other Favourite Team - HMFC v St Johnstone

25 minutes ago, Broon_100 said:

Keep trying to write a post but I've honestly got nothing left to say about this team, formation and manager.

We're screwed.

What if you avoid relegation, and Dundee go down? Assault on the Premiership top six next season. 

2 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

Aye, I don’t watch you chaps every week right enough. The man won you a cup double though… all just totally mental from where I’m sitting. Hope you get above Dundee.

2 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

Fair enough, mate. As I said, I hope you avoid the drop, and Dundee go down. The tide could yet turn.

5 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

What if you avoid relegation, and Dundee go down? Assault on the Premiership top six next season. 

Fucking OBSESSED. What a minter.

1 hour ago, gaz5 said:

Two Saints players wiping each other out rather than tackling McKay at the second goal rather sums up their season so far. emoji1751.png

That did cheer me up tbh.

13 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

Not being provocative on purpose here, St Johnstone fans… I honestly don’t know how you are in the position you are in, with the players on your books. You have a fair few good players seriously underperforming.

They do, but starting with May up front is like playing with only ten men. I Know he had a good season once, but that was a while ago. When Chris Kane came on for him, at least he put himself about and caused a moment or two of panic in our defence - May could have played all day and done nothing.

48 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

They do, but starting with May up front is like playing with only ten men. I Know he had a good season once, but that was a while ago. When Chris Kane came on for him, at least he put himself about and caused a moment or two of panic in our defence - May could have played all day and done nothing.

May doesn't play for his on the ball ability, he plays because the manager can trust him to defend out wide.

It's ridiculous. 

St Johnstone reminded me last night of Hearts in the 1998/99 season after we won the cup.  Got themselves in a right state having lost a few key players to injury and transfers, and at the bottom after a horrendous run of form where they simply can't score.

All you need is a proven striker who's been pish all season to finally start scoring goals and Colin Cameron to make a triumphant return and mid-table after some great end of season form awaits

4 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

St Johnstone reminded me last night of Hearts in the 1998/99 season after we won the cup.  Got themselves in a right state having lost a few key players to injury and transfers, and at the bottom after a horrendous run of form where they simply can't score.

All you need is a proven striker who's been pish all season to finally start scoring goals and Colin Cameron to make a triumphant return and mid-table after some great end of season form awaits

Mind you Colin Cameron turns 50 this year and is managing Airdrie so he may not be the answer this time

6 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Stevie May to bag 10 goals in 10 games all set up by David Wotherspoon who makes a recovery from injury 8 months ahead of schedule. 

Its indicative of how limited our choices we are that he got picked to start last night. I never wanted us to re-sign him as I feared it would go this way, that we'd end up resenting a former hero. If it wasn't for 2013-14, he'd be getting slaughtered.

He'll occasionally pop up with good touches but spends the rest of the game hiding behind defenders hoping they miss the ball. It's hard to watch at times.

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Its indicative of how limited our choices we are that he got picked to start last night. I never wanted us to re-sign him as I feared it would go this way, that we'd end up resenting a former hero. If it wasn't for 2013-14, he'd be getting slaughtered.

He'll occasionally pop up with good touches but spends the rest of the game hiding behind defenders hoping they miss the ball. It's hard to watch at times.

He gives himself no option though as he simply cannot win a ball in the air. 

The difference between him and Kane in that respect is staggering. 

21 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

That season went from terrifying to hilarious.

I just checked and we scored one goal in eight games then followed that with twenty-two in our next nine.

I still think we should persevere with Derek Lilly.

4 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

That season went from terrifying to hilarious.

I just checked and we scored one goal in eight games then followed that with twenty-two in our next nine.

I still think we should persevere with Derek Lilly.

There was a run of games where we seemed to lose 0-2 at home every week despite creating a load of chances. If it wasn't for the signing of Darren Jackson and the return of Cameron, we could well have gone down that season.

2 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

There was a run of games where we seemed to lose 0-2 at home every week despite creating a load of chances. If it wasn't for the signing of Darren Jackson and the return of Cameron, we could well have gone down that season.

Yeah. Paul Kane scoring a beauty for St Johnstone's 2-0 (almost everybody seemed to get one) was the low point for me. By the time we got gubbed at Dundee I think I'd already accepted relegation.

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Yeah. Paul Kane scoring a beauty for St Johnstone's 2-0 (almost everybody seemed to get one) was the low point for me. By the time we got gubbed at Dundee I think I'd already accepted relegation.

Kane's goal was fairly routine, drilling home a lay-off inside the box. It was Philip Scott that scored the screamer. 

His last goal before, I think, he became the first player to move from the newly-formed SPL to the Premiership, as it was then called. 

About £75k and straight into the Sheffield Wednesday team. We were as good at getting fees for our players back then as well...