Livingston vs. Dundee

51 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Mullen is a better striker right now than any current Livi striker, and that's a fact.

How many goals does Mullen have this season?

For what it's worth, I think he's a good player. Gets far too hard a time from Livingston fans despite scoring almost 50 times for us.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Certainly wouldn't put Livi legend anywhere near his name in a sentence :D Had a shocking attitude with us, injured himself while out drunk jumping down some stairs and Hopkin decided to bin him. 

As you say though, made way for the far superior players in Miller/Hardie to come in and fire us to promotion. 

The biggest complaint about Mullen is his diving that he picked up from Iain Russell, it never paid off for us and he just looked like an arse doing it. He still did it at St Mirren so interested to see if he's still at it. I'm a bit surprised as well that he's managed to be even a regular at Premiership level.

Think this will be Byrne's first time back at Livi since he left though, will be nice for the fans to show a bit of appreciation for him. There's a Livi legend :D 

Mullen was always good for the odd 25 yarder into the top corner, liked to take a pot shot at goal too*. Diving wee aunt though, was for us and still is. Real nuisance for defenders to handle too*, can see why McPake is starting him*.

Going to be interesting to see if Nouble can rag doll Premiership CB's like he did Championship ones, looking forward to seeing him in a Livi shirt.

*Thought about going for a 3rd too, just to see if RossBFaeDundee would pick me up on it.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

How many goals does Mullen have this season?

For what it's worth, I think he's a good player. Gets far too hard a time from Livingston fans despite scoring almost 50 times for us.

Probably scored more goals than complaints to be fair with the state of your crowds.

Thank you.

It is unfortunate that we still have a defensive crisis and the remnants of our covid outbreak are STILL affecting us for this game, as well as Sweeney being suspended. As long as Charlie and Shaun are fit and available we've got a chance, but I was hoping for a more robust looking squad going into this one. At least we'll have our best loanees back I suppose, they might have a part to play.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Does Hassan Kachloul still do admin for you guys?

Always quite liked a trip to Livi despite the traumatic events (and the cheating) that took place there.

Think it will be a dodgy stream for this one and hopefully we can pull something out of the bag. Two pretty similar teams really, we tend to play with a pretty good spirit, epitomised by Mullen’s tremendous work rate.

Livi 1 Dundee 2 (Adam, Griffiths)

Fook - our team is full of Livi legends.

41 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Fook - our team is full of Livi legends

And the dugout. McPake and Mackay are both former Livi captains. Mackay was actually in the Livi end at a match last season. Not even in the posh seats too but just sat among the fans getting some "Super Dave Mackay" chants. He started out at Dundee, though, so he's really your legend before he's ours.

4 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

And the dugout. McPake and Mackay are both former Livi captains. Mackay was actually in the Livi end at a match last season. Not even in the posh seats too but just sat among the fans getting some "Super Dave Mackay" chants. He started out at Dundee, though, so he's really your legend before he's ours.

He's definitely not a legend with us. He was generally regarded as a bit of an arsepiece by Dundee fans for his repeated dodgy comments about us over the years and celebrating heavily whenever his side were victors against ours (a penalty shoot-out at Dens against you lot comes to mind).

He decided to have his testimonial against us and there was an unofficial boycott in that nobody could be arsed with him.

Now he's just kind of tolerated as McPake's assistant and there's been a slow increase of respect since he's been back.

So he's St Johnstone and your legend before he is anything to us, even if we did 'make' him.

15 hours ago, Meeniedee said:

it was just a film....seriously wtf are you(not you personally) thinking charging that...do i get a halftime peh and bovril delivered to my house.

Was all discussed last season, can't be arsed going over it again for a Johnny come lately to Premiership ppv.

3 hours ago, Netan Sansara said:

Will Griffiths be playing as a trialist for us in this game if Celtic have let him go?

As said above, he's still a Celtic player and so is technically still our player. Considering it ends in 2 weeks, it practically is a trial for a permanent deal.

So again, hope he scores a hat-trick.