Livingston vs. Dundee

12 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

McPake had the side too top-heavy tonight. He should be stiffening the midfield. Take out McGowan and put a defensive holder in there alongside Anderson and Adam. There wasn't an effective pressing structure too. McGowan sometimes joined Mullen in the front line press and sometimes didn't, presumably just deciding himself what to do and when. 

I agree regarding the midfield. We usually work with a midfield 3 which is well-balanced with Adam, a b2b (McGhee, Anderson) and a holding mid (Byrne), but injuries forced us to adapt to a 4-2-3-1 with McGowan as a 10,which saw us some brief success. If we insist on playing through Adam we really need to return to a 4-3-3.

Feel like Byrne could've given Dundee a bit of breathing room in the middle of the park. Was always good at cutting up the play and creating room for himself, Adam on the other hand seems totally immobile and needs space to be made for him to have any effect

On 14/01/2022 at 16:48, RossBFaeDundee said:

Mullen is a better striker right now than any current Livi striker, and that's a fact.

Ok, I'll maybe walk this statement back lol

Spoiler

Tbh I only said to try and get a response, you Livi lads are too nicey-nice.

On 16/01/2022 at 00:14, RossBFaeDundee said:

I really really really really really really want Griffiths to show us why he deserves a full-time deal on Tuesday, me in particular. Score a hat-trick or something.

Oot on his arse please. Ideally with McPake and about half the team, but I'm a realist so none of them will be gotten rid of.

Griffiths is what Josh Mullin was like for us, decent at taking set pieces but not much else, which is why he's out on loan to Accies this season. Griffiths corners and free kicks were good last night, almost scored from the one near the end, in that respect he did more than Danny Mullen did all game.

9 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Feel like Byrne could've given Dundee a bit of breathing room in the middle of the park. Was always good at cutting up the play and creating room for himself, Adam on the other hand seems totally immobile and needs space to be made for him to have any effect

Guys still talk about Adam being the fulcrum of this team. He cant go 60 minutes then has to get subbed.  Doesnt matter what shape the team is these days, he is off. That strategy fails right there when you are down by 2 goals. 

Griffiths is what Josh Mullin was like for us, decent at taking set pieces but not much else, which is why he's out on loan to Accies this season. .

Not EXACTLY like Griffith's but I'm glad someone else can see that Mullin didn't offer us much other than dead ball

3 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Guys still talk about Adam being the fulcrum of this team. He cant go 60 minutes then has to get subbed.  Doesnt matter what shape the team is these days, he is off. That strategy fails right there when you are down by 2 goals. 

I really am starting to want Adam to go at the end of the season at this point. No discipline on or off the pitch, and I'm sick on our entire system relying on him doing something creative. This would also require McPake to get the sack in order to make a functioning squad without Adam, which we know isn't happening.