Livingston vs. Dundee

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

We should be ahead but it's been an even game. Yet to be convinced by Anderson and Bailey isn't playing very well. 

Dundee well capable of scoring so we need to start taking our chances.

And we did. 2 great finishes from Anderson for a well deserved win. 

Dundee oooft. Their owners need to get serious if they want to be a Premiership team. Rubbish players there for way too long, unfit fat wasters getting minutes and very poorly organised. I would be seething if I supported them.

And we did. 2 great finishes from Anderson for a well deserved win. 
Dundee oooft. Their owners need to get serious if they want to be a Premiership team. Rubbish players there for way too long, unfit fat wasters getting minutes and very poorly organised. I would be seething if I supported them.

Can’t argue with any of that.

Thought Livi looked decent all over the park. Clearly someone (or ones) has a clue how to do it at Almondvale.

18 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

We are a complete shambles. Livi look like a bunch of fit young men, trying hard to win and playing a wee bit of football. We’re a bunch of misfits huffing and puffing.

Ageing misfits. Adam, Gowser, Griffiths. They are done. I dread the idea-if we go down- that people on here argue we keep them cos they will do a job in the Championship.  The squad needs a total rebuild, not endlessly depending on journeymen and old timers that once played for us years back.

Genuinely surprised at Dundee. They looked fucked after 10 minutes, shocking fitness for a Premiership team.

Happy to get the win we deserved, thought Chuk looked a bit clumsy so hoping he can improve with game time. Anderson should be our first pick up front, Penrice will be a miss if he's out for long, Omeonga can have my babies. 

I'll just give my unsolicited shit take on Dundee here as I have the Livi thread for my own team. Dundee lack cohesion. They rely on "emotion" and energy. So when it's all firing, they can bowl teams over (eg. Motherwell 3-0 home win). But the downside is that when that energy isn't there and it's a bit flat, there's not a solid tactical structure to fall back on.

McPake had the side too top-heavy tonight. He should be stiffening the midfield. Take out McGowan and put a defensive holder in there alongside Anderson and Adam. There wasn't an effective pressing structure too. McGowan sometimes joined Mullen in the front line press and sometimes didn't, presumably just deciding himself what to do and when. 

Positives, though, McMullan and especially McCowan are excellent wingers. Creating a more solid centre midfield is crucial for providing them a better platform and lessening their defensive responsibilities. McGhee at centre back was good. He brings the ball out very well and can feed Adam or that other holding mid who should've been playing (Byrne, ideally).

Omeonga, you just have to sit and enjoy him while he's here. Similar to Dykes you can just tell a mile off that they're a cut above at this level. The boy is ridiculous. 

All over the park I think we were right at it, Anderson showing yet again why he needs to start. I reckon anyone in the bottom six would happily take Anderson in their starting 11. Fitzwater and Obileye strolled it, Penrice had one of his best games in a Livi top. 

Even Stryjek seemed to be back at his best, seeing him with the ball at his feet gives me the fear but he actually looked calm and collected with it. A huge save at the 1 on 1 with the score at 1-0. That could've changed the game massively.

Holt-Omeonga-Pittman had the midfield controlled all game. Adam was put under constant pressure and had zero time to properly influence the game. Holt in particular had McGowan's number all game.

On 14/01/2022 at 16:48, RossBFaeDundee said:

Mullen is a better striker right now than any current Livi striker, and that's a fact.

See the source image

Bruce Anderson says hi

46' - GOOOOOOALLLLLLLL! BRUCEY BABY!!!!! The Lions lead! LIV 1-0 DUN | #LFCLive | #cinchPremiership

Spoiler

Bruce Anderson says hi again.

BRUCCCCEEEYYYYYYYYY BABBBBBYYYYYYYY!!!!!! LIV 2-0 DUN | #LFCLive | #cinchPremiership

Edited by LIVIFOREVER