Livingston vs. Dundee

We generally take a while to get going after a break, but didn't go abroad this season for the Winter training camp malarky, so hopefully the players wont be in holiday mode still, and get stuck in about Dundee from the off. Imperative we don't give free kicks away around our box with Adam and Griffiths so good at scoring from them. 

I love those shite football websites that don't know Scottish football but still fancy putting articles out on it :D 

Sean Kelly will continue to play a key role for his team in the defensive midfield role on Tuesday, with this being an important part of Martindale's 3-1-4-2 formation.

If Kelly starts I might just walk back out the stadium ffs 

23 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

In other news the Titanic got sunk by an iceberg.

Now you know I never like to be pedantic but the White Star Titanic didn't get sunk by an Iceberg. It (the Titanic) sank as a result of the Titanic's collision with an iceberg; the iceberg didn't go out to sink the Titanic.

On 14/01/2022 at 17:13, thruthenight said:

Danny Mullen was a decent player with us, but the diving was annoying as f**k.

Noubz to dribble past every single Dundee player in one go and ping it in the top corner for a horribly undeserved 1-0 win.

Nouble problem is he would do the dribbling part but not score. He’s not overrated he’s some player, by far the best player in our league the first half of it but it’ll be interesting to see how he does in regards to improving his finishing. I could see him creating a few chances tomorrow though. Might buy the stream 

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Nouble problem is he would do the dribbling part but not score. He’s not overrated he’s some player, by far the best player in our league the first half of it but it’ll be interesting to see how he does in regards to improving his finishing. I could see him creating a few chances tomorrow though. Might buy the stream 

I think (correct me if wrong) Nouble had a sort of Thierry Henry for Arsenal role with Arbroath where he was left centre forward in a 4-4-2. That allowed him to drift deep or wide left, with the other striker more regularly occupying the "number 9" position.

Martindale has used a front 2 sometimes when he's gone 3 at the back but his preferred formation has been a 4-3-3. Playing in a front 3 won't allow Nouble that same freedom he had at Arbroath. He'll be either an orthodox centre forward in the middle or a "wide target man" most likely on the left. JET was sometimes played on the right as a wide target man, it allowed him to often receive the ball in space to dribble, and I can see the role also suiting Nouble.

With this specific match, I don't expect Nouble to start. Dundee are an attacking side, they don't do the "camped in defending" thing even when ahead so I can see the game getting a bit stretched second half and more space opening up. Nouble might be introduced at that point. I hope I'm wrong, though, seeing him from kick off would be great.

1 minute ago, FreedomFarter said:

I think (correct me if wrong) Nouble had a sort of Thierry Henry for Arsenal role with Arbroath where he was left centre forward in a 4-4-2. That allowed him to drift deep or wide left, with the other striker more regularly occupying the "number 9" position.

Martindale has used a front 2 sometimes when he's gone 3 at the back but his preferred formation has been a 4-3-3. Playing in a front 3 won't allow Nouble that same freedom he had at Arbroath. He'll be either an orthodox centre forward in the middle or a "wide target man" most likely on the left. JET was sometimes played on the right as a wide target man, it allowed him to often receive the ball in space to dribble, and I can see the role also suiting Nouble.

With this specific match, I don't expect Nouble to start. Dundee are an attacking side, they don't do the "camped in defending" thing even when ahead so I can see the game getting a bit stretched second half and more space opening up. Nouble might be introduced at that point. I hope I'm wrong, though, seeing him from kick off would be great.

I dunno. He could kind of do anything. Not your traditional target man but he was very effective at it for us. If you kicked the ball 10 yard either side of him he’d get to it and hold it up / skin boys and take us right up the park. In the championship he genuinely looked like a man playing v kids. Physique of an NFL player and skill of a futsal player. He’s the most unorthodox player I’ve ever seen.

He just kind of done everything. He wasn’t the best finisher and should’ve had much more than 5 but the way he helped the team get up the park and the amount of chances he created either directly or being involved in a passage of play was a joke. We kind of let him do what he wanted maybe that helped him.

Maybe going back into a rigid system or whatever might not see the best of him. Never seen a player like him before he doesn’t really fit into any kind of standard category.

He works really hard for the team too he’s not lazy 

I really am not sure what to expect from him with you

1 hour ago, FreedomFarter said:

With this specific match, I don't expect Nouble to start. 

I might be wrong but with a weakened version of what looks to be already pretty poor defence, Dundee seem like a good team to start Nouble against. Could cause them a bit of bother given he's an unknown quantity in this Livi team.

I like your point about him being a JET on the wide left. Think that would work quite well despite my reservations over changing the formation. 

Will be very interesting to see how we line up. Think there will be a few goals in this.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

McPake in the pre-match interview saying the line-up he currently has to pick from is among the strongest he's had all season. I don't know what that says about our defensive situation this season...

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

McPake in the pre-match interview saying the line-up he currently has to pick from is among the strongest he's had all season. I don't know what that says about our defensive situation this season...

When he comes out with shite like that generally we get humped.

12 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

12 hours ago, Fifespud said:

When he comes out with shite like that generally we get humped.

Doddle, away win against bottom half side.