Livingston vs. Dundee

Right then, let's get this show on the road.

I'd be surprised if Chapman is here for this game and if we make any more signings before this game. Fortunately Shaun Byrne and Charlie Adam will hopefully both be available for this game however, and Charlie was a maestro on the astroturf the last time we played on it.

I'm still very angry that we didn't beat Livi at Dens earlier this season as we really should have, but have confidence that we can definitely take all 3 points at Almondvale if we have enough players back. This team often plays at its best on the astro for whatever reason, and I'm hoping that trend continues.

Also, I'm sure he's decent but I reckon Nouble is just a tad overrated, it's not the first time a player has flourished under Dick Campbell (ahem, Jack Hamilton). I guess we'll find out, since unless I'm wrong about signings happening soon he could well make a strong impression against our limited CB options.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Big question for me is, who will our available strikers be on Tuesday?

Is Cummings back in the good books?

Is Griffiths still going to be here? 

Is Jakubiak fit enough?

So just Danny Mullen as a definite then.

I reckon Cummings stays and Griffiths goes. Jak will be available still I reckon. Still think Mullen starts up front alone.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I reckon Cummings stays and Griffiths goes. Jak will be available still I reckon. Still think Mullen starts up front alone.

I think the opposite.

I think Cummings will go, we will do some kind of deal for Griffiths and Jakubiak will not be 100%

But yes, Mullen to start up front alone.

16 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Fortunately Shaun Byrne and Charlie Adam will hopefully both be available for this game however, and Charlie was a maestro on the astroturf the last time we played on it.

The surface suits more technically gifted players as well as slows game tempo so that's ideal for Adam, aye. Byrne was a master when he played for us on it also. Our centre midfielders Holt and Omeonga are a skillful pair too so there could actually be some decent football on display in this match.

Last time we played Dundee we were in our phase of being utterly shite. Seems like we turned a corner since then and got a bit of stability back so wouldn't read too much into the previous game. 

Not too sure on who's actually fit or back from injury. We could come out with some random new formation or stick with the 433 and Nouble out wide on the left. Anderson surely has to start this, if he goes with Shinnie up front again I'll be raging.

I imagine it's too early for Chukwuemeka but could make the bench. Not a clue if Boyes will play or if we go with Fitzwater/Obileye. I've still got a feeling Martindale could sneak out the 352/532 and we see Boyes-Obileye-Fitzwater at the back. Holt-Omeonga-Sibbald in a midfield 3 as well would be possibly our strongest we've had for a while. 

I'm hoping for something like this but even 433 with Bailey/Forrest on the wings is a strong (and more tried and tested) formation for us:

image.png.fb215ce19289ebe7bbdf029ccb8fc54e.png

Stryjek

Devlin  -  Fitzwater  -  Obileye  -  Penrice

Sibbald  -  Holt  -  Omeonga

Forrest  -  Anderson  -  Bailey

If possible please. Though as ATLIS says there's every chance Martindale goes 3 at the back, sticks Shinnie up front and Gary Maley in midfield or something. Nouble starting might not be a bad idea, he's been playing every week while the rest of the squad have been on their holidays, but would prefer to use him off the bench and ease him into the top flight.

3-3.

Right, I'm stupidly going through to this one. Is it still just the best idea to park in the stadium car park? Or is there decent on-street parking nearby that is just as good? Only been there once before and can't remember much about the locality...

8 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Right, I'm stupidly going through to this one. Is it still just the best idea to park in the stadium car park? Or is there decent on-street parking nearby that is just as good? Only been there once before and can't remember much about the locality...

There is loads of parking nearby within about a 10 minute walk. The business units at Livi Village are normally quite good, it's a walk under the bridge, then up the slope and down to the stadium from there.  It's called Quarrywood Court and a lot of Livi fans park there. 

You can also park at or near the centre or at West Lothian College, both nearby and either cheap or free. 

I think the stadium charges a fiver for parking

Edited by spiggle

Given Dundee's strong centre mid, I can imagine McMillan starting for us due to his pressing ability. I think it'll either be him or Pittman as the other centre mid along with Holt and Omeonga. If Sibbald starts (and I hope he does), I think it's more likely he'll be on the right.

1 hour ago, spiggle said:

There is loads of parking nearby within about a 10 minute walk. The business units at Livi Village are normally quite good, it's a walk under the bridge, then up the slope and down to the stadium from there.  It's called Quarrywood Court and a lot of Livi fans park there. 

You can also park at or near the centre or at West Lothian College, both nearby and either cheap or free. 

I think the stadium charges a fiver for parking

Thank you for that. 👍

15 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Right then, let's get this show on the road.

I'd be surprised if Chapman is here for this game and if we make any more signings before this game. Fortunately Shaun Byrne and Charlie Adam will hopefully both be available for this game however, and Charlie was a maestro on the astroturf the last time we played on it.

I'm still very angry that we didn't beat Livi at Dens earlier this season as we really should have, but have confidence that we can definitely take all 3 points at Almondvale if we have enough players back. This team often plays at its best on the astro for whatever reason, and I'm hoping that trend continues.

Also, I'm sure he's decent but I reckon Nouble is just a tad overrated, it's not the first time a player has flourished under Dick Campbell (ahem, Jack Hamilton). I guess we'll find out, since unless I'm wrong about signings happening soon he could well make a strong impression against our limited CB options.

^^^Overuse of "this game" IMO.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Danny Mullen is an accidental Livi legend. His January transfer to St Mirren in the 17/18 season allowed us to sign Lee Miller and Ryan Hardie, without whom promotion could never have happened. I'm not surprised he's now first choice in a Premiership team. Always had an excellent first touch and was good with his back to goal despite not being the biggest.

1 hour ago, FreedomFarter said:

Danny Mullen is an accidental Livi legend. His January transfer to St Mirren in the 17/18 season allowed us to sign Lee Miller and Ryan Hardie, without whom promotion could never have happened. I'm not surprised he's now first choice in a Premiership team. Always had an excellent first touch and was good with his back to goal despite not being the biggest.

Certainly wouldn't put Livi legend anywhere near his name in a sentence :D Had a shocking attitude with us, injured himself while out drunk jumping down some stairs and Hopkin decided to bin him. 

As you say though, made way for the far superior players in Miller/Hardie to come in and fire us to promotion. 

The biggest complaint about Mullen is his diving that he picked up from Iain Russell, it never paid off for us and he just looked like an arse doing it. He still did it at St Mirren so interested to see if he's still at it. I'm a bit surprised as well that he's managed to be even a regular at Premiership level.

Think this will be Byrne's first time back at Livi since he left though, will be nice for the fans to show a bit of appreciation for him. There's a Livi legend :D 

22 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Certainly wouldn't put Livi legend anywhere near his name in a sentence :D

Haha, I know, I was being mischievous there. I know plenty Livi fans don't have much fondness for him.

24 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Think this will be Byrne's first time back at Livi since he left though, will be nice for the fans to show a bit of appreciation for him. There's a Livi legend :D 

Very much this. His contribution for us was immense. Top player and top man.

2 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Haha, I know, I was being mischievous there. I know plenty Livi fans don't have much fondness for him.

Very much this. His contribution for us was immense. Top player and top man.

Shaun Byrne is a stone cold killa.