Celtic vs Hibs

11 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Get Magennis back in also asap. Tbf I would try and get Doidge back in alongside Nisbet as that pairing worked. Nisbet needs somebody to play off but you can bet young Melk scores thaf.

Magennis gives your midfield the energy and movement that so often it lacks.  Objectively, there are better midfielders at Hibs that should start ahead of him, but with out his drive and support they tend to end up as passengers in the game. 

I think with Newell or JDH its a case of one or the other should be in there, not both. JDH for me at the moment, hopefully with Tait and Magennis before too long, but I'm still reasonably comfortable with it being Campbell or even Wright in place of Magennis for now. 

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve no idea what it’s like being an opposition fan in Celtic Park when they are f*ck*ng about with their lights before the game and when they score, but it was bloody annoying watching that on the TV.

Yes, yes............but what about that Paradise Noise?

5 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

I think with Newell or JDH its a case of one or the other should be in there, not both. JDH for me at the moment, hopefully with Tait and Magennis before too long, but I'm still reasonably comfortable with it being Campbell or even Wright in place of Magennis for now. 

Agree on the Newell / JDH bit.

Thought Campbell was pish last night, but was out of position for a lot, plus he is a young guy newly into the 1st team.

Wright did ok, but we really need Magennis back in - Newell and JDH are too defensive.

14 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Celtic look an absolute pain in the arse to play against again. If the J-League has any more good players we’re in trouble. 

Is it now the case that your average Japanese league player is better that your average Scottish League player ?

Incredible ?

Edited by Ewan8472

14 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Agree on the Newell / JDH bit.

Thought Campbell was pish last night, but was out of position for a lot, plus he is a young guy newly into the 1st team.

Wright did ok, but we really need Magennis back in - Newell and JDH are too defensive.

Unfortunately long spells of absence were always part of Magennis' game. If he could stay fit for longer periods then I think he would have  moved on to a bigger team, he has that same drive and  commitment that made Brown into a player.  Sadly he's never managed a full season uninjured. Those injuries are why we agreed to sell him.  

Edited by Insaintee

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I dont think we were robbed. 

Nisbet chance off the post and then Celtic score a minute later - we can argue about the pen all day, but the truth is that Celtic were very good in the first half.

We offered more in the second, however the game was won by then.

I am not too despondent, because of all the players we had out, it was a bit of a makeshift team. Hibs had the majority of possession last night, but both our shots were off target - which is unhelpful.

Once we get players back in the next few weeks or so things will improve. 

Celtics new players looked good players, very technically sound. Their fast pressing game will hit most teams apart from Rangers hard.

Last night was not a match that will define our season.

Nah I was at the wind up.  I thought we played utterly shite.  Void of confidence and ideas.    It will get better though. 

50 minutes ago, Ewan8472 said:

Is it now the case that your average Japanese league player is better that your average Scottish League player ?

Incredible ?

Given the fact Japan is a massive country which loves football, and a lot of their players still play domestically, I'm not sure this is a big surprise. You'd expect it to be a better league than ours.

Hibs played their part in a very enjoyable game,Maloney has got them playing good football but they need that cutting edge up top, I can understand the Hibs fans frustration on Nisbet but he doesn't even know how he missed that chance in the first 5 minutes.
Celtic have a player in Hatate he was everywhere last night played like McGregor can in that position,Maeda looks a real threat up top and will score plenty in this league,one of Starfelts best games last night.