Ayr v Ton 15-1-22

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Given Hopkin would of known exactly how much he was on at Morton I’d imagine it’ll be very similar. 

He was inexplicably offered a new deal by McPherson; Hopkin and Ayr offered more. 

And what a great decision that has worked out to be all round!

5b6d5410-c8cd-4376-80d3-465b75fe7a95.jpg.0bd87c24e606b813a7762b455f495be0.jpg

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

He was inexplicably offered a new deal by McPherson; Hopkin and Ayr offered more. 

In fairness I’m not convinced he would of been offered more. He clearly had a very good relationship with Hopkin as did the other Morton 3 and he was sadly desperate to play under him 

35 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

B & W TV please get better commentators and analysts please they're quite embarrassing 2 Ugwus FFS !!!

This wouldn’t be the first time I’ve heard them mistaking players in similar circumstances.

Highly embarrassing.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

In fairness I’m not convinced he would of been offered more. He clearly had a very good relationship with Hopkin as did the other Morton 3 and he was sadly desperate to play under him 

I've had a coupla folk "in the know" tell me they were amazed at how much more he was offered by Ayr.

Mind you going by how shite he is even 50p a week and the gaffer's last Rolo would amaze any sane person* who saw him play for Morton.

*obviously excludes Gus McPherson and David Hopkin

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

Aye it’s absolutely mental that he still plays at this level. I have absolutely no doubts that he’ll find another full time outfit after he leaves Ayr as well.

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye it’s absolutely mental that he still plays at this level. I have absolutely no doubts that he’ll find another full time outfit after he leaves Ayr as well.

A centre back with Man Utd on his CV who is 6'5. There'll always be a manager stupid enough to fall for that somewhere.

I thought we were okay for the first 25 mins. We passed it about well in triangles and Adeloye missed the big chance. Morton scored from what felt like nothing, it happened so fast, cross and boom. Reilly is a very good striker. Great movement.

After that, we never really got going again and Morton were never really troubled. Then they got the second and the game was dead. I was very impressed by Morton, night and day compared to the match at Capielow at the start of December. 

For us - it just shows we need reinforcements. A fecking central midfielder wouldn’t go a miss. Given we've needed one for a season and a half now.

A centre back with Man Utd on his CV who is 6'5. There'll always be a manager stupid enough to fall for that somewhere.

If any manager signs him after he’s been shite at 3 clubs in a row then it’s a sackable offence for not doing any due diligence as there’s no way you could actually see him in the flesh and think he’s capable of playing anything other than junior football.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If any manager signs him after he’s been shite at 3 clubs in a row then it’s a sackable offence for not doing any due diligence as there’s no way you could actually see him in the flesh and think he’s capable of playing anything other than junior football.

That's why Falkirk exist as Scottish football's waste disposal service. 

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Imagine we offer him a new deal though... 😂

4 hours ago, virginton said:

You signed Sean McGinty though so this was never going to happen. Count yourself lucky that you made it to one with his contributions. 

I'm a million miles away (not literally), have maybe seen two Championship matches and have followed Scottish football for roughly two years. From reading this board alone I knew McGinty was terrible, so how did Ayr sign him?

I'm a million miles away (not literally), have maybe seen two Championship matches and have followed Scottish football for roughly two years. From reading this board alone I knew McGinty was terrible, so how did Ayr sign him?

Because David Hopkin is a complete fraud of a manager and McGinty is one of his favourites.

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Because David Hopkin is a complete fraud of a manager and McGinty is one of his favourites.

You really have to applaud Hopkin's grift.

I'm sure he'll rock up somewhere else promising a 5 year plan and exciting football. 

Edited by Trogdor

How has Fjortoft been? I know he's had the odd injury.

Better than Mcginty certainty in his time with us but still felt there was always the odd mistake round the corner with him.

Notice Mcginty signed a 1 year with the option of a 2nd ( presumably number of games related) so you might be stuck with him next season too.

Edited by madton

With McGinty being labelled Baresi this past week, the odds were stacked firmly in favour of today's outcome and his ineptitude resurfacing.

Imrie's Undefeated start rolls on and Bully's bubble burst already.

Falkirk getting bitch-slapped back down to earth was also lovely to see.

Not a bad Saturday that.