Ayr v Ton 15-1-22

3 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Can we create some weird conspiracy theory about Ayr not wanting it pushed back because they're scared of us? Sevco fans have been dining out on that shite for a month now with the winter break being brought forward.

To be fair to them, not my normal stance, Celic were down a few players so no brainer for them just had to get others to initiate the vote and thus avoid a doing playing a depleted eleven. Scared maybe an overstatement but not been depressed lately and needing a gee up reading OF fan forums.

Back to the move or not move, does anyone know the compensation payment. I am sure the money we got last year would have exceeded our potential income.

Edited by Paisley Ton
Ominously

I think we'll see a different setup today. A bit more attacking than last week. 

Something like... 

McAdams

Houston McGinty* Baird Reading

Muirhead Murdoch

McKenzie  Moffat Maxwell

Adeloye

A midfield of the 5 Ms!

*I'd swap McGinty for Muirhead (with Chalmers coming in) if it were me. However, McGinty has actually been very good the last two games. So I think he'll keep his place.

Bench - Albinson; McAllister; Fjortoft; Chalmers; O'Connor; Gondoh & Bryden

19 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I think we'll see a different setup today. A bit more attacking than last week. 

Something like... 

McAdams

Houston McGinty* Baird Reading

Muirhead Murdoch

McKenzie  Moffat Maxwell

Adeloye

A midfield of the 5 Ms!

*I'd swap McGinty for Muirhead (with Chalmers coming in) if it were me. However, McGinty has actually been very good the last two games. So I think he'll keep his place.

Bench - Albinson; McAllister; Fjortoft; Chalmers; O'Connor; Gondoh & Bryden

I would say team will be Adoloye for Moffat being only change to last weeks starting 11

Edited by Finlay21

Chalmers has to start. We are so short of options in midfield that at the moment he needs to be in there. 

When you look at last week’s line up, I agree that I’d be very surprised if it was anything other than Tomi for Moff being the only change. McKenzie’s energy and work rate has been crucial for us the last couple of games.

41 minutes ago, TheHonestMan85 said:

Chalmers has to start. We are so short of options in midfield that at the moment he needs to be in there. 

When you look at last week’s line up, I agree that I’d be very surprised if it was anything other than Tomi for Moff being the only change. McKenzie’s energy and work rate has been crucial for us the last couple of games.

McKenzie’s energy definitely does, but I think it needs to be balanced with one more attacking player than there was against Arbroath too. 

25 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

McKenzie’s energy definitely does, but I think it needs to be balanced with one more attacking player than there was against Arbroath too. 

Yeah, it’s a difficult one. I would rather see a more attacking line up as well but the balance needs to be there. We look far more solid with a 4 in midfield than a 3. Most realistic choice would be a 4-1-4-1 with Aero the sitter I imagine, or I suppose you COULD as suggested put him at CB and make it 4-4-1-1 with Moff behind Tomi. Either way I personally wouldn’t want the 4 changed in the middle of Maxwell, Murdy, Chalmers and McKenzie. We don’t have an awful lot of choices for the 10 position just off the striker. Moff can’t play 90 minutes, I don’t like Maxwell there when he’s been asked to do it, he’s far better and more effective out wide. Bradley is obviously gone. It’s a 10 we are missing.

28 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yes it was a defensive line up against Arbroath partly due to the personnel available and turning it into t a shitfest worked. Chalmers should play and we need to stick to playing midfielders in midfield etc until we make a few more signings. Morton have had a few good results but this is a game we should be looking to win and taking it to them. The last two results were unexpected but if we play the same way then we should be ok 

5 minutes ago, TheHonestMan85 said:

Yeah, it’s a difficult one. I would rather see a more attacking line up as well but the balance needs to be there. We look far more solid with a 4 in midfield than a 3. Most realistic choice would be a 4-1-4-1 with Aero the sitter I imagine, or I suppose you COULD as suggested put him at CB and make it 4-4-1-1 with Moff behind Tomi. Either way I personally wouldn’t want the 4 changed in the middle of Maxwell, Murdy, Chalmers and McKenzie. We don’t have an awful lot of choices for the 10 position just off the striker. Moff can’t play 90 minutes, I don’t like Maxwell there when he’s been asked to do it, he’s far better and more effective out wide. Bradley is obviously gone. It’s a 10 we are missing.

5 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Yes it was a defensive line up against Arbroath partly due to the personnel available and turning it into t a shitfest worked. Chalmers should play and we need to stick to playing midfielders in midfield etc until we make a few more signings. Morton have had a few good results but this is a game we should be looking to win and taking it to them. The last two results were unexpected but if we play the same way then we should be ok 

I guess it all depends. If McKenzie and Maxwell get high up in support of Tomi then it is more of a 4-3-3. However, as they both work so hard, it can easily become a 4-5-1 with Tomi isolated. 

Personally, I would go Chalmers and Murdoch sitting with O’Connor or Moffat as the ten. McKenzie and Maxwell will work like f**k and protect the full backs anyway. 

11 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Going by the praise Bullen has given moff this week and the high profile role in the pre match press conference I'd be shocked if he did not start, hopefully as a number 10 behind Adeloy.

That was my rationale as well. We were also down to the bare bones last week and played about the only system that would work with the available players. There's more options this week, interested to see what Bully decides to go for.

Also, interested to see Morton who were as insipid as us the last time we played and look to have turned the corner in a similar way to us.

22 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

That would be a perfectly fair point if it was Morton's home game. Morton aren't choosing to lock anyone out here and don't stand to gain financially from a re-schedule.

If it had been at Cappielow and they hadn't at least asked Ayr and the SPFL, they would have had to justify their actions to the supporters. As it is, they don't.

It's irrelevant whether Morton stand to gain financially - if they're genuinely interested in fan support, then they would have asked Ayr to move the game. If Ayr said no then that's all they could do. They quite clearly didn't ask though.

GMFC were also quite happy to lock fans out of their two home games scheduled during the restrictions, so any future mewling about the importance of the fanbase rings completely hollow. 

21 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

For all any of us know Morton may have spoken to Ayr about rescheduling the game. We DON'T know, but VT being VT he arbitrarily decided that Morton didn't, and criticised them accordingly. 

If GMFC want to correct the statement that they did not bother to ask for the game to be moved on behalf of the fans, then they can always provide evidence of that request - with Ayr having a right to correct the club's account of events.

There's absolutely no logical reason to believe that GMFC even approached the home club, but I welcome full transparency from the club on every issue. They are owned by the fans - it is time that they started acting like it. 

Had it come out that Morton DID suggest moving the game, you can bet your season ticket that VT would've been the first to complain about their lack of foresight reducing Morton's chances of getting a result at Motherwell in the Cup next weekend. It's just what he does.  

Utterly desperate nonsense, even by your abysmally low standards.